AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-14, 18:27   Link #3461
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

@ Vexx: I believe you made a mistake, good sir. That assassin is not wearing armor, she is wearing a bathing suit. Good day.
Old 2012-12-14, 18:50   Link #3462
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
@ Vexx: I believe you made a mistake, good sir. That assassin is not wearing armor, she is wearing a bathing suit. Good day.
Heh ... it is deer leather for silent creeping. She's not into frontal assaults, the only blow is the one she makes from range or silently from behind.

Okay, enough of the silly rationalization. More seriously, she does have some more coverage leather gear she wears. I'll post that later. I just thought that pic had a nice wet and dark quality to it.

edit: here's my assassin in her creeping gear -
Images
assassin, field gear
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-12-15 at 00:19. Reason: updated to add pics
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 21:05   Link #3463
sa547
*Author

I'm almost done with the Breezehome mod by adding helpful prefab activators such as bookcases (building one from scratch, suffice to say, is the most tedious, time-wasting thing I ever done) and an improved navmesh, with some lighting effects that I have to fix (as it still looked too dark) and little bugs. However I even added its own lore to explain about the existence of this secret lair.

EDIT: There will be two versions: one fully-equipped, but the other will be nearly blank, leaving only the activators and most of the pool intact for freestyle Home Construction and Decoration users (including me) who desire to take advantage of the open spaces by filling out with whatever furnishings they wish.

So far, here's a few screenshots (taken two days ago), but will update once I have the whole package finished:

I'm getting the real hang of making interiors, and so what should I build next?

@Dragon_Rising: BTW, the armor mod is now on the Nexus front page.

UPDATE: it's out now:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28358/

Last edited by sa547; 2012-12-15 at 20:12.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 19:31   Link #3464
videoman190

I found a Japanese mod site called Skyrim mod type most of the mods are Japanese or found on the nexus!
http://modtype.doorblog.jp/
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 19:53   Link #3465
sa547
*Author

Thanks for the link, and I bookmarked it.

Yeah, I noticed that some of them are game model rips, which Nexus doesn't allow for uploading because they constitute as IP/copyright violations, but otherwise they look damn cool.

Too bad JackGa's (this guy from Hong Kong got blackballed from Nexus for content violation, but still well-known for great rips) kimono armor needs CBBE. :|

----------------
Tried out the armorset, and hey, it's a damn sight better than standard Ebony or Daedric.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-12-15 at 20:29.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 20:18   Link #3466
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Glad you like it. A lot of people have issue with the gauntlets or helmet designs. What're your thoughts on those?
Old 2012-12-15, 20:26   Link #3467
sa547
*Author

I don't see much of a problem, as IRL some knights and nobles often wore very ornate suits of armor. Instead, to have it is to be different.

Because this game is different from reality (I once played a grinder MMO that had spiky or razor-sharp armor, and had no beef with it), there will be some exceptions to realism, and this includes armor that tries to stand out distinctively from anything else.
Old 2012-12-15, 20:37   Link #3468
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quite a few people requested a no-skulls version of the gauntlets, which is the only issue people had with them; some felt they were too much, or out of place, etc. I don't mind but I do find it a bit ironic, since the skull gauntlet was what inspired the armor design for me in the first place. Hothtrooper44's also said that he prefers the versions with the skulls.

Helmet-wise, though, well... some people prefer the Nordic horned helmets, as per the setting, others just feel it's too big. Which is somewhat justified; the base ebony helmet also suffers the same problem--the top of it is just too tall. Might talk to him about that later, see what his thoughts are.

Also, five videos on Youtube reviewing the armor so far, and it's only been a day. Not bad, don't you think?
Old 2012-12-15, 20:39   Link #3469
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Glad you like it. A lot of people have issue with the gauntlets or helmet designs. What're your thoughts on those?
I like the helmet design. The gauntlet is fine as well. For what I seen, without the skull it feels empty so I think its good.
Old 2012-12-18, 08:25   Link #3470
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Nice work, it looks like it should of been apart of the game from the start ^^
Did it turn out the way you wanted it to Rising Dragon?
Old 2012-12-18, 08:32   Link #3471
sa547
*Author

All right, for those who have Hearthfire and own Lakeview Manor, I've released this today on Nexus -- yep, have to fill a need, people:
Lakeview Pool and Hot Bath for Hearthfire
Old 2012-12-18, 15:05   Link #3472
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Nice work, it looks like it should of been apart of the game from the start ^^
Did it turn out the way you wanted it to Rising Dragon?
More or less. The helmet's a bit taller than in my concept art (because the ebony helmet suffers from the same design issue) and hoth said he may tweak it in the future, but it's come out better than I imagined.

Enough people whined about the dragon skulls and got their no-skull gauntlet variant, so if people want that they need to update.

sa547, gonna try out your mod, but right now Nexus isn't letting me download anything. (stupid-ass NMM can't find a server that isn't busy across the whole damn planet)
Old 2012-12-18, 20:01   Link #3473
sa547
*Author

Okay, you can grab them from MF:
Lakeview Pool -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ekwj3ryzkgq84en
Breezehome for Power Users -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ogdp8oolbebbcma

I think I'll concentrate on creating Hearthfire mods because, as we know, there's always specific needs to be filled out.
Old 2012-12-19, 13:58   Link #3474
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I guess it shows how popular a mod gets when people make add-ons for it: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28596

Someone who prefers horned helmets is making an alternate helm for the Dragon Knight Armor, based off the Dragonscale Helmet.
Old 2012-12-19, 14:38   Link #3475
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I guess it shows how popular a mod gets when people make add-ons for it: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28596

Someone who prefers horned helmets is making an alternate helm for the Dragon Knight Armor, based off the Dragonscale Helmet.

Lame the dragojbone helm is waaay cooler
Old 2012-12-19, 15:22   Link #3476
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, if that's more your thing, you can always check out the Dragonbone Ebonsteel Armor. A few people have been mixing its helmets with the Dragon Knight Armor.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:06   Link #3477
sa547
*Author

I updated the Lakeview mod with better lighting and an optional northern perimeter fence (Both require 1.8.151.0+ and Hearthfire for it to work):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?k1hg6j78i28n8zc

Indeed, those Hearthfire estates need more to make them very desirable and on par with the vanilla homes.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:19   Link #3478
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
My character is already Level 27 but I know I'm not very far in the main storyline yet. I swear all these random dungeons and dragons and sidequests are messing with my OCD. <<;
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 22:32   Link #3479
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
My character is already Level 27 but I know I'm not very far in the main storyline yet. I swear all these random dungeons and dragons and sidequests are messing with my OCD. <<;
You don't have to do the main quest if you don't want to, that is the beauty with Elder Scrolls game.
Old 2012-12-19, 22:33   Link #3480
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
I know the feeling. ._. Try it from a role-playing perspective and try to make side quests fall in line with main quests and that's when your OCD makes your brain hurt.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim