AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-10, 14:54   Link #321
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quarity episode, like almost the whole episode...
and most likely will continue in the next episode
Old 2014-08-10, 18:59   Link #322
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judai View Post
Nabae is my favorite character from Baby Steps, so to see him tell Ei-Chan his thoughts on tennis was almost surreal. And that brief glimpse of Kanda... what a tease.
These episodes are divine torture, knowing what we're not going to see adapted, and how little we'll see of characters like Nabae.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 05:22   Link #323
hamazura
whatever

nabae finally you showed up
Old 2014-08-17, 09:50   Link #324
HandofFate

great, episode 20.
Kind of an intermission episode before the real matches begins, but there was a lot of meat in this episode.
Confirmation of progression in Ei-chan's abilities as well as his attitude. With going into tennis, his confidence seemed to have risen as well in himself, and from that, people from around him are starting to notice him more.

Also, great Natsu scenes.

Old 2014-08-17, 09:58   Link #325
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That sign ain't lyin'.
Old 2014-08-17, 11:33   Link #326
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That whole scene was just fun to watch . They definitely worked to bring the cute factor with Natsu there. A nice scene since there wasn't much time to focus on the two of them with the latest tournament and probably with what is coming next. The mutual interest certainly leaping from the screen there.

Tough episode for Sasaki, though hardly unexpected. I do feel like Kageyama needs to work a bit on distance. Nothing wrong with liking the girl, but try not to make your move while she's still working on accepting the situation.
Old 2014-08-17, 11:37   Link #327
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Lol...the quote about the meat buns.

I haven't read the manga so I don't know what will happen next, and I like the fact that this is a realistic sports anime, but after 20 episodes, we have not seen Nat-chan's story, tennis development, and participation in tournaments. I get that the focus is all on Maruo, but I feel like the writers could show us a bit more of the social and competitive side of the other characters, especially the female lead. It just felt strange to me that they never show Nat-chan practicing with Maruo. Practicing alongside, yes, but hitting back and forth with him, no.

Am I just being a little too wishful for a realistic sports anime, or is this anime just starting to break ground little by little and set itself apart from the typical shonen sports anime?
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 12:13   Link #328
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post

I haven't read the manga so I don't know what will happen next, and I like the fact that this is a realistic sports anime, but after 20 episodes, we have not seen Nat-chan's story, tennis development, and participation in tournaments. I get that the focus is all on Maruo, but I feel like the writers could show us a bit more of the social and competitive side of the other characters, especially the female lead. It just felt strange to me that they never show Nat-chan practicing with Maruo. Practicing alongside, yes, but hitting back and forth with him, no.

Am I just being a little too wishful for a realistic sports anime, or is this anime just starting to break ground little by little and set itself apart from the typical shonen sports anime?
Properly addressing your concerns and questions will venture into spoiler territory.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 12:13   Link #329
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That sign ain't lyin'.
LOL.

Quote:

No, you're getting the realism. Don't worry.

This was a nice episode. Those scenes were cute...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 12:17   Link #330
HandofFate

Quote:
Practicing alongside, yes, but hitting back and forth with him, no.

Well, despite being in the same A-class, they're both at different training menus and stages right now.
But I just say keep watching if your looking for some Nat vs Maruo practice.
Old 2014-08-17, 14:54   Link #331
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

To those who replied to my post, that's reassuring to know. Thanks!
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 20:41   Link #332
Mubyoshi

Baby Steps kinda reminds me of History strongest disciple, just need some fanservice from Natsu now haha.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 22:58   Link #333
ChainLegacy
廉頗

This, HunterxHunter, and Ace of the Diamond are probably the best series airing right now IMO, I don't usually have much to say about Baby Steps because the episodes just speak for themselves, but each week I'm left wishing I could just marathon another 10 episodes. Very happy to see that Ei-chan and Nat-chan are progressing towards being a couple. Their interactions are one of the best parts of this series (especially when he was crying a few eps back ). I hate when anime throw you a really good couple, but since the primary genre isn't romance there's never any development. Not so here, there's been real movement towards romance and it's been a believable slow build, too.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 09:49   Link #334
Sky Field

A little late on watching AOTS Baby Steps, but once again, the episode was spot on in just about everything. As we near the finale, I'm getting more and more excited about how they'll cap it off.
Sky Field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 18:54   Link #335
Itlandm
Porcupine

The emotional relationship between the supposed main pair seems a bit unbalanced. Nat-chan seems to like him and be comfortable and in control of the situation, while his is more of a wild attraction that he does not understand and cannot control. In all fairness, this kind of situation is not exactly uncommon in high school even in real life. I wonder whether the anime will be exploring this any further, it seems there is not much time left if this is the final season. It seems certain now that a number of loose threads must be left hanging, perhaps even most of them?
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 19:24   Link #336
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The anime is only going to cover about a quarter of the manga. I think it's safe to say there's going to be more loose ends than knots.

I can't answer that question about Nat-chan without spoilers. But I think it's pretty clear that she's often just as nervous around Ei-chan as he is around her.
Old 2014-08-18, 22:00   Link #337
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The anime is only going to cover about a quarter of the manga. I think it's safe to say there's going to be more loose ends than knots.

I can't answer that question about Nat-chan without spoilers. But I think it's pretty clear that she's often just as nervous around Ei-chan as he is around her.
Natsu is just more straightforward than he is. So it may look like she isn't nervous, but she still clearly is as well.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 22:33   Link #338
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I think she's nervous too, but Ei-chan's just a little bit more awkward about it than Nat-chan.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 04:41   Link #339
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I agree that Natsu is probably nervous and expresses it in her own way. Perhaps in how she isn't so willing to divulge how she responded to the girlfriend comments from her classmates. Though that part could just be not being willing to give him all the easy answers.

Just too bad that at this point there is a lot of stuff we aren't going to get to see animated. Though have to say they have done a much better job than I thought they might especially in terms of content. A pretty loyal adaptation with using new material for the sake of enhancing the story.
Old 2014-08-20, 18:56   Link #340
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Question for those manga readers, what manga chapter you think will mark the end of the adaptation? Just so I be ready to start reading from there after this ends
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sports, tennis