AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-14, 11:32   Link #4241
Homura7

Whenever Cruz tries to get rid of his female clothes, there's always something that prevents this from happening.

Setsuna's words to him outside the academy seem kind of premonitory, aren't they?

And not only a killer girl, he has been officially promoted as a member of the Active Squad...!

Btw, Sekirei-san, Kefit, I would like to make a point regarding next chapter.

As you may remember, in the last pages of that chapter, two testaments attack Kanna. One of these is stopped by Mio with a single finger, while the other is completely inmovilized when Cruz extends his arm pointing at the machine.

For us readers, this might be hardly noticeable at first sight, and in fact all of us never notice it until Sekirei-san made a reread and found the fact.

So I would appreciate you to help our community notice that action Cruz performs, adding optionally a reference to ch. 42 where Aruka too got the same treatment.

Thank you very much for your efforts and keep it up

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-05-14 at 11:46.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 13:36   Link #4242
Kefit

I don't think Rin's fragment is that great. Sure, Setsuna and Kuchinashi jobbed to her, but that's cause they were caught by surprise. I think it's pretty clear that they would have clobbered her during the rematch that was interrupted by panty shot photos.

Then again, applying logic and consistent power levels between fragments is not something this series is incredibly well known for. I like it that way. Keeps things more interesting and unpredictable. It adds to the ridiculousness too, as you never know when everyone is going to combine their powers in some unfathomable way to do just the thing that needs to be done to win (see: giant flaming baseball).

kurusu: As sekirei already explained, Cruz stopped the Testament through use of his Girl Squad ID. There is nothing amazing about the action he performed. Even if there was, I would prefer to present the event in the same way as Imai Kami has: without blatant labels pointing out details that might be important in the future. It's up to the reader to pick up stuff like this.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 15:10   Link #4243
yongshun

after reading 63 I have to wonder why didnt cruz take off the hair extensions after he left St. Rose.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 15:24   Link #4244
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit View Post
I don't think Rin's fragment is that great. Sure, Setsuna and Kuchinashi jobbed to her, but that's cause they were caught by surprise. I think it's pretty clear that they would have clobbered her during the rematch that was interrupted by panty shot photos.

Then again, applying logic and consistent power levels between fragments is not something this series is incredibly well known for. I like it that way. Keeps things more interesting and unpredictable. It adds to the ridiculousness too, as you never know when everyone is going to combine their powers in some unfathomable way to do just the thing that needs to be done to win (see: giant flaming baseball).
I think Rin's fragment is pretty good. You saw it was able to affect a large number of people quite easily. She was able to effectively take out Kuchinashi's fragment (poor Kuchinashi) and take down an injured Setsuna (she did leave before her treatment was finished when she fought Rin). I wouldn't be surprised if Blade uses it more than Little Boy as it seems to be a stronger attack then it.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 16:11   Link #4245
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
^
Are the rankings done by views or what? Kinda curious now.

I think Blade will need to see Rin use the fragment once before he can use it on his own. He did see Hatfield's fragments and was able to copy it and use it. I think that Rainmaker would probably be his strongest fragment, but I'm not sure what he knows right now (he's only used Flame and Rainmaker since PF Blast).

Also, I'm not sure how Rin's fragment would work on Saten since he does have Stream Distortion as a Wind move.
Blade also used Kandata strings against Hatfield, he says the attack himself. Even if you cant read it just look at kefka using it and text is exact same
Old 2010-05-14, 16:16   Link #4246
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
after reading 63 I have to wonder why didnt cruz take off the hair extensions after he left St. Rose.
He'd look more ridiculous as a guy in a school girl outfit, as opposed to a trap in a school girl outfit.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 16:34   Link #4247
Kefit

Quote:
I think Rin's fragment is pretty good. You saw it was able to affect a large number of people quite easily. She was able to effectively take out Kuchinashi's fragment (poor Kuchinashi) and take down an injured Setsuna (she did leave before her treatment was finished when she fought Rin). I wouldn't be surprised if Blade uses it more than Little Boy as it seems to be a stronger attack then it.
Well yeah, I don't think Rin's ability is worthless or anything. I just don't think that it's nearly as good as would be suggested from its initial use on Setsuna and Kuchinashi.

Poor Kuchinashi. Her power can really only be completely overpowering or completely ineffectual. And since completely overpowering abilities don't make for interesting fights, there's always got to be a way to block her ability completely. I wonder how long it'll be before we really see her make use of her abilities again.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 16:40   Link #4248
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Blade also used Kandata strings against Hatfield, he says the attack himself. Even if you cant read it just look at kefka using it and text is exact same
So Blade regained the fragments he lost?
Old 2010-05-14, 17:23   Link #4249
Sekirei07

Not sure how he relearned Kandata Strings, perhaps the seal on Blade's and Arclight's abilities were only temporary.

I think Blade has some nice potential with Little Boy and Bionic Compressor.

Compressed Oxygen + Flame Fist = Exploding punches!
Old 2010-05-14, 17:35   Link #4250
Homura7

I would like an Aruka vs Blade rematch.

That time, Blade owned her by taking advantage of The Fourth Wave and the flame properties of her and Teruyama's fragments.

Aruka's intelect is at Cruz's level, she won't fall in that trick again if there's a rematch.

Then again this is a big problem, if Blade has regained his fragments, then this means Arclight... uo.

Now I wonder what will happen in the memories world. Kafka being there gives a chance to learn his fragment, but by who? It's unlikely it will be kid Blade if we consider current arc tittle and the fact Cruz is there too.
Old 2010-05-14, 18:13   Link #4251
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
He's saying Kandata String and Tempest Shredder but it looks exactly like Hatfield's attacks. That's why I believe he's memorized Rainmaker and not Kandata String.
Spoiler:
Going back to combining fragments, I bet combining Black Madame's and Kuchinashi's together would be interesting. Be able to attack people with the wind and also put them under your control as well.

Also, the raws will be out pretty soon! Can't wait to see which new way we'll get to see up Cruz's skirt again...
Old 2010-05-14, 18:24   Link #4252
Homura7

I just read Avvesione's post and went rereading that chapter, and noticed L.B. is just a normal brute punch.

So he didn't really regained his fragments (what's lost is lost), but on top of that his new change of personality turned him even more an idiot to the point he mistakes ability names?

Soon? You mean this week already or nest Monday?
Old 2010-05-14, 18:33   Link #4253
Avvesione

^
I mean next week. Next week is pretty soon.

He did learn Vulcan Shock Little Boy when he fought Arclight in Chapter 50 after seeing Teruyama use it.

Also, regarding the memories... I wonder if we'll see what Blade was doing before he descended into the sewers to save Cruz from the Testament.
Old 2010-05-14, 22:30   Link #4254
Sekirei07

Well I just finished 64, so we are almost back to blade in action and learn more about what the fudge is going on with him
Old 2010-05-14, 23:24   Link #4255
Avvesione

Wonderful, can't wait for the release! Pretty soon you guys will be on 78 which will be amazing!!

Also, what kinda chemistry were you taking Seki? You mentioned you had a final today, so I was curious if you were studying anything interesting.
Old 2010-05-14, 23:31   Link #4256
Sekirei07

just basic junk, how to write formula's, drawing lewis structures, PV = nRT, density problems, converting between moles, mass, and atoms. First Ionization Energy, Atomic Radius', Hybridization, Formal Charges, balancing chemistry equations, sig figs, calculating wavelength's, frequences, etc etc.

Also PV = nRT is where P is pressure, V is volume, n is molar mass, R is a special constant and T is Temp. Its a formula common to use in pressure problems and such

on more Needless related stuff, I updated the wiki page for it since it had not been touched in ages.

Last edited by Sekirei07; 2010-05-15 at 00:22.
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 01:51   Link #4257
Avvesione

Ah, sounds like you're in general chemistry. I was curious since I've taken 4 years of chemistry in college... and it's not going to end soon. Hope your final went well!

You're one of the most dedicated Needless fans out there for doing all this. Pretty soon you'll be flying to get the first copy of Needless every month when it's released lol...

---

Going back to Needless now, I don't see how there could be an entertaining or exciting fight between Saten and Kafka unless the memory shifts and Kafka turns into someone else (be fun to see Riru actually fight but I doubt it). Anyone have any ideas of what we'll see in the first few pages of the next chapter? I'm curious to see people's thoughts on this.

(my guess is the memory shifts to someone stronger/more interesting).
Old 2010-05-15, 04:45   Link #4258
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Ah, sounds like you're in general chemistry. I was curious since I've taken 4 years of chemistry in college... and it's not going to end soon. Hope your final went well!

You're one of the most dedicated Needless fans out there for doing all this. Pretty soon you'll be flying to get the first copy of Needless every month when it's released lol...

---

Going back to Needless now, I don't see how there could be an entertaining or exciting fight between Saten and Kafka unless the memory shifts and Kafka turns into someone else (be fun to see Riru actually fight but I doubt it). Anyone have any ideas of what we'll see in the first few pages of the next chapter? I'm curious to see people's thoughts on this.

While Adam memory is mixed up,it still follow the REAL THING
So we not gonna have Riru that don't have telekinesis
Kuchinasi that love shota....
Or Archlight that atcually a good guy...
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 08:19   Link #4259
Sekirei07

I don't think Blade has even really noticed Riru before. During Simeon arc he was too busy either focused on Arclight or the little girls. Riru is not really in his ball field lol

So not sure if she would be in his memories. Hmm I wonder what about the idea of Cruz's memories fused with the shard? Since Cruz got hit with them and all.
Old 2010-05-15, 10:11   Link #4260
Homura7

Quote:
Anyone have any ideas of what we'll see in the first few pages of the next chapter? I'm curious to see people's thoughts on this.

Ok, here are mine:

Saten will tell Cruz to run along kid Blade while he faces Kafka, but won't kill him. Voras will be back.

Cruz will meet kid Eve.

Then something big will happen, and who knows, I was thinking Kafka and Voras will team and fight kid Blade.

Now something I want: Cruz's wig with extensions torn apart.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen