AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-11, 19:05   Link #161
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Homura didn't even know of Kyoko's existence at this point since she didn't appear in time loop 1 or 2. So how did she know of her?
She knows from wherever else she's gathering her research?

You know, like all of the weird holographic stuff she has in her apartment in this timeline? If she's able to gain obscure information on Witches, it would be a walk in the park for her to track down active Magical Girls.

I'm reeeally not a big proponent of the whole "the timelines just randomly diverge regardless of Homura's involvement" theory. It completely goes against the point of Homura repeatedly resetting things so she can save Madoka herself.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-03-11 at 19:52.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 19:42   Link #162
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Homura didn't even know of Kyoko's existence at this point since she didn't appear in time loop 1 or 2. So how did she know of her?
I don't think they showed every single loop Homura made.
Old 2011-03-14, 00:53   Link #163
sweet_kungfuman

Quote:
my guess is QB told Kyoko about the Mami's team, Kyoko got excited and decide to pay a visit.

In the current timeline, it's also QB who told Kyoko to take over the city after Mami's got killed in episode 3
sweet_kungfuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 01:50   Link #164
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_kungfuman View Post
my guess is QB told Kyoko about the Mami's team, Kyoko got excited and decide to pay a visit.
What I wonder though is what was the team policy on familiars?
TL5 Kyoko didn't want to attack them while Mami does attack them.So was some sort of agreement reached or did TL3 Kyoko have a different mentality?
Old 2011-03-14, 02:17   Link #165
sweet_kungfuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
What I wonder though is what was the team policy on familiars?
TL5 Kyoko didn't want to attack them while Mami does attack them.So was some sort of agreement reached or did TL3 Kyoko have a different mentality?
I think there is an agreement reached. It's "Kyoko VS Mami, Homura, Madoka, and Sayaka". No matter how much hot blood in Kyoko's veins, I don't think she can win againts 4 mahou shoujo. So I think it's quite logical for Kyoko to give up on her policy in order to make new friends and prevent harm to herself.
sweet_kungfuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 10:23   Link #166
Shadow5YA

One thing that bothers me is how Kyoko is even able to make a sacrificial attack. Normally all Puella Magi powers and outfits disappear the moment the Soul Gem shatters. Kyoko's Soul Gem completely shattered, yet she was still staring down Oktavia for the final attack.

It doesn't make sense why Kyoko is alive without a Soul Gem. If Kyoko meant to do a suicide attack, why couldn't the studio have made her Soul Gem only crack, then completely shatter after the attack was over?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 10:39   Link #167
Seihai
スマイリウム

I think it was pretty normal. A split second passed between the shatter scene and the explosion. The magic power Kyoko loaded up on her spear was unleashed the moment the Soul Gem shattered due to going over her own limits. We don't even see how she was still alive, we only saw that when the SG shattered, the power was automatically released and thus caused the explosion. To what extend Kyoko deliberately launched the initial attack (see Mami who shot a gun the instant she was shot by Madoka and died) if at all is questionable, we'd have to understand how her magic worked which we'll never be able to.

And it would make even less sense to let the SG shatter after the attack, because the SG would have probably shattered during the attack due to the explosion. Or not make less sense but it'd be just... stupid. Have your SG shattered to launch an attack or launch an attack and have your SG shattered inbetween? I think the former is more noble and feels less like a suicide than a sacrifice.

Last edited by Seihai; 2011-03-20 at 10:50.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 14:16   Link #168
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
One thing that bothers me is how Kyoko is even able to make a sacrificial attack. Normally all Puella Magi powers and outfits disappear the moment the Soul Gem shatters. Kyoko's Soul Gem completely shattered, yet she was still staring down Oktavia for the final attack.

It doesn't make sense why Kyoko is alive without a Soul Gem. If Kyoko meant to do a suicide attack, why couldn't the studio have made her Soul Gem only crack, then completely shatter after the attack was over?
It was literally less than 1 second between soul gem destruction and the explosion. As with Mami, there is a very small window as life/control fades from the puppet body.

The soul gem destruction *was* the attack. This is the equivalent of the shonen staple of burning through your life force for 1 final strike before you die.
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 14:22   Link #169
zRyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

What I saw was Kyoko using her final attack, which went through her soul gem shattering it and then hitting Oktavia.
zRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 20:13   Link #170
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I don't think they showed every single loop Homura made.
I personally believe they did just not in detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_kungfuman View Post
I think there is an agreement reached. It's "Kyoko VS Mami, Homura, Madoka, and Sayaka". No matter how much hot blood in Kyoko's veins, I don't think she can win againts 4 mahou shoujo. So I think it's quite logical for Kyoko to give up on her policy in order to make new friends and prevent harm to herself.
Yea I agree with this some what. I believe that Kyoko may have had a few clashes with the four of them but called a trues then the witch indecent happened.
Old 2011-03-24, 07:14   Link #171
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRyuu View Post
What I saw was Kyoko using her final attack, which went through her soul gem shattering it and then hitting Oktavia.
This....

Although I like to think she lived long enough to see the blast take them both out. Targeting the gem as well was her suicide.
Old 2011-04-24, 13:00   Link #172
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
You know, Sayaka is actually the "Madoka" character in the new Madokaverse, just with a much more tragic fate.

Spoiler:

That's pretty sad, bro.
That's pretty close, I think, but my own ideas are slightly different.

I think that Sayaka was pretty much a fully trained magical girl before she died, as this is reflected in Kyouko talking about how Sayaka had finally become her friend.

It's interesting to me that not only is Sayaka doomed to die, but Kyouko also appears doomed to lament it each and every time.

I guess that's something for Kyouko/Sayaka shippers to take some solace in. The two appear destined to meet, and become close.
Old 2011-04-27, 14:44   Link #173
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
I suspect even a yuri hater would admit Kyouko is a much better pairing (romantic or otherwise) for Sayaka than a silly blond who never seemed to realize and treasure what he actually had.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:36   Link #174
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
I suspect even a yuri hater would admit Kyouko is a much better pairing (romantic or otherwise) for Sayaka than a silly blond who never seemed to realize and treasure what he actually had.
Yeah....does he even take any notice of her? He doesn't want to in the first place...
Old 2011-04-29, 14:31   Link #175
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yeah....does he even take any notice of her? He doesn't want to in the first place...
Meh, I'm far less critical of Kyosuke. I at least got the impression that he cared about Sayaka, though it's doubtful that he reciprocated her feelings. The only really damning moment he had in my eyes was him returning to school and all but ignoring her (though to be fair, by that point she was probably in no hurry to rush to his side, either); aside from that he was grieving over his injuries, and even then seemed to show some regard for Sayaka's feelings after snapping at her.

All this is mostly moot, of course, since Kyoko is by far better. Just sayin', is all.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 00:31   Link #176
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:

honestly, i think mami x kyouko is the one that has a chance now. i like kyouko x sayaka, but after seeing the events at the finale, i realized i like seeing kyouko x mami more. LOL.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 09:49   Link #177
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
honestly, i think mami x kyouko is the one that has a chance now. i like kyouko x sayaka, but after seeing the events at the finale, i realized i like seeing kyouko x mami more. LOL.
Well the two of them had a history together somewhere down the line and Kyouko did get really pissed when Sayaka started blaming magical girls like her for Mami's death.

So yes I can see it...I just wish I knew why the two split up.
Old 2011-04-30, 10:00   Link #178
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
So yes I can see it...I just wish I knew why the two split up.
Difference in philosophies, most likely. This may not cause them to split up in the new timeline, depending on how the whole system works. If Kyoko doesn't feel the need to allow demons to harvest humans and such, then she'd probably be able to get along with Mami just fine.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 10:39   Link #179
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
and Kyouko did get really pissed when Sayaka started blaming magical girls like her for Mami's death.
Which episode? To my shame, I think I missed this moment. O_o

Quote:
Difference in philosophies, most likely. This may not cause them to split up in the new timeline, depending on how the whole system works. If Kyoko doesn't feel the need to allow demons to harvest humans and such, then she'd probably be able to get along with Mami just fine.
Since all demons look pretty much the same, it may be not too far-fetched to assume they all leave grief cubes. And even if those are different in capacity, the overall quantity of demons spammed makes it easier to bash them in wholesale amounts rather than allow them to level-grind. Of course, Kyouko's selfish facade goes further than that, but this facade will be seen through eventually. Sayaka did see through it, seeing she had time to befriend the redhead.
Mami x Kyouko would pour Morning Rescue on hearts of those who felt sorry for her being alone. But don't get your hopes up - it will be a matter of several chapters before Kyouko can't stand the memories and follows suit, with Sayaka's name on her lips. It will be so sweet and so tragic. And so Trollobuchi to us readers.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 10:50   Link #180
Akashin

Quote:
Which episode? To my shame, I think I missed this moment. O_o
I'm not sure of an exact quote saying that, but Sayaka says something to a similar effect during their fight in episode 5 (around the same time she spouts off about, "Puella Magi like Mami being the rare ones."

In all fairness, she was probably right.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters