AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-02-12, 01:44   Link #301
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
My good friend Otseis summed this up nicely: "the one thing that gives One Piece a bit more than Naruto is that Oda actually enjoys working on it."

When Oda does a chapter, you can tell that he's having a ball just doing random shit left and right. I honestly think Kishimoto's not had so much fun writing Naruto as he has in the last few chapters, he's really flipped the "Saiyan-Switch" as it were.

It seems to me that Kishi's trying to wrap this up quickly to move on, maybe he's come up with a better idea? I had another theory that it may be leading up to another series set during Naruto's reign as the Hokage only with a different cast of front characters.
Does seem that Kishimoto is really rushing. It's his own fault for making such a huge cast that he never fully explored. For whatever reason he just keeps going from fight to fight with nothing but training scenes between. He never seems to take a step back after a big fight and just have some FUN chapters. Like with One Piece. You seem to notice that Oda has some really epic battles, but he also has a lot of fun stuff in between and never seems to focus on training. Everything is in retrospect and training and preparations happen off scene. Like with Nami's debut of the Clima Tempo or the Clima Tempo upgrades using dials. (though in the one movie we see Usopp working on it.)
Old 2009-02-12, 12:37   Link #302
sundaecone

Okay, I'm new here, so be nice if these are repeat theories.

1. I think Gol D Roger didn't really die. I think Gol D. Roger lives on as Dragon, and is Luffy's father. Think of the similarities between Gol D. Roger and Luffy. And could someone as great as Gol D. Roger really lose to the Marines? No way!

2. I think Luffy's grandfather is secretly Whitebeard. They NEVER show his face. And he has that weird moon mask. It has to be come connection.

3. I think after this current arc, there will be multiple adds to the crew.

guys, this series could go on for 2 or 3 more years. I want to know how it ends NOW! Thats the worst thing about Manga. You only get TINY doses of the story you crave.
sundaecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 14:42   Link #303
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaecone View Post
Okay, I'm new here, so be nice if these are repeat theories.

1. I think Gol D Roger didn't really die. I think Gol D. Roger lives on as Dragon, and is Luffy's father. Think of the similarities between Gol D. Roger and Luffy. And could someone as great as Gol D. Roger really lose to the Marines? No way!

2. I think Luffy's grandfather is secretly Whitebeard. They NEVER show his face. And he has that weird moon mask. It has to be come connection.

3. I think after this current arc, there will be multiple adds to the crew.

guys, this series could go on for 2 or 3 more years. I want to know how it ends NOW! Thats the worst thing about Manga. You only get TINY doses of the story you crave.
1. Gold Roger gave himself to the Marines, he never lost, he's already dead.

2. Luffy's grandfather is Garp.

3. They may make allies, but won't get multiple new crew members.

One Piece is a journey, an adventure thats never ending. I'm sure alot of us would want to know the ending, but even more of us wants to see more of One Piece.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 17:50   Link #304
sundaecone

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
1. Gold Roger gave himself to the Marines, he never lost, he's already dead.

2. Luffy's grandfather is Garp.

3. They may make allies, but won't get multiple new crew members.

One Piece is a journey, an adventure thats never ending. I'm sure alot of us would want to know the ending, but even more of us wants to see more of One Piece.
1. Gol D. Roger faked his death is my suggestion. Other people have faked their death in this series, so its not out of the question. Who cares that there were witnesses, its the king of the Pirates! IF he wanted to do it, he could. Doesn't it make sense that Gol D Roger would fake his death so he could be free to secretly overthrow the corrupt government? His task would be made easier with all the pirates looking for One Piece keeping the marines busy. Gol D Roger is Dragon!

2. Okay, I said they never show Whitebeard's face. So, Why can't Garp be Whitebeard? It may not be very likely, but its POSSIBLE. Why would Garp's son be a rebel, his two grandsons become pirates, Garp CHEERS whenever luffy breaks the law, yet he's supposed to be some upstanding marine?

3. I think they'll get at least ONE new member. And everyone will learn awesome new abilities. Its not impossible to think that two teammates could be added at once.
sundaecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 18:07   Link #305
james0246

Quote:
1. Gol D. Roger faked his death is my suggestion. Other people have faked their death in this series, so its not out of the question. Who cares that there were witnesses, its the king of the Pirates! IF he wanted to do it, he could. Doesn't it make sense that Gol D Roger would fake his death so he could be free to secretly overthrow the corrupt government? His task would be made easier with all the pirates looking for One Piece keeping the marines busy. Gol D Roger is Dragon!
While we haven't fully seen Roger's face, we have seen body and enough of his shadow to know that Dragon and Roger are two different people. Added to that, Roger was seen publically executed (Smoker commented on how "at peace" Roger was when executed), and people have known what Dragon has looked like for 6 years (and that he is related to Garp).

Added to that, and to put it another way, Roger staging his death and then emerging as Dragon makes no sense considering that both have held the place as "Most Wanted Man Alive", so Dragon would not be a very good cover for Roger.

So, no, Roger is not Dragon.

Quote:
2. Okay, I said they never show Whitebeard's face. So, Why can't Garp be Whitebeard? It may not be very likely, but its POSSIBLE. Why would Garp's son be a rebel, his two grandsons become pirates, Garp CHEERS whenever luffy breaks the law, yet he's supposed to be some upstanding marine?
We have seen Whitebeard multiple times, and we have also seen Garp multiple time, and they have such drastically different bodies, that it is almost impossible for them to be the same person.

As for why Garp's progeny are criminal's...bad parenting? Plot contrivance? Garp's easy going personality? It doesn't really matter right now, but undoubtedly will be explained someday.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 19:43   Link #306
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Rodger had no reason to fake his death...
Spoiler for Plot Relevance:

Quote:
James summed it up pretty well, I've not much to add.

Quote:
3. I think they'll get at least ONE new member. And everyone will learn awesome new abilities. Its not impossible to think that two teammates could be added at once.
At this point even one crew member is kind of stretching it as just about every character has prior engagements and responsibilities. The most plausible person in all honesty would be Ace at this point and that's by a great leap of the imaginaton.
We probably won't see another crew member until we reach fishman island at the earliest.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 06:16   Link #307
FoxxFireArt

I starting to wonder if the crew will ever stumble upon a new Devil Fruit. Every island, you would think, has at least one. Other wise how would someone like Chopper, who never left Drum Island prior to meeting Luffy, find the Hito Hito no Mi, Human Human Fruit.

This is just an idea I was mulling over in my head, but I wonder if in the story the crew will find some powerful fruit and some character will be tempted to eat it. I doubt it would be Sanji since the only fruit he ever wanted was already taken.
I was thinking it would probably be Zoro. The idea I had was there would be some huge problem that arose in the future and he would be tempted, but knowing him he wouldn't use it and depend on his own strength.
I guess Nami could be tempted. When it comes to power she is certainly lacking. I just don't like the idea of her being a Devil Fruit user. I also don't think she would want to use one. (Unless it gave you the power to attract treasure.) It will still be interesting to see how Nami will adapt to the crews ever growing power. That's just one of the reasons I greatly look forward to see how she returns from that sky island.
Franky wouldn't need it. He's a cyborg. You can always just make him stronger through 'upgrades'.
Usopp seems more likely. Though it's more entertaining to see Usopp be victorious though his lying styles. Like with Perona. He kind of used the same thing against Mr. 4.

There is also the fact of the size of the current Straw Hat crew. I was actually surprised how fast the crew got their next nakama. They went from Franky right to Brook.
The crew is only half way through the Grand Line now. It's hard to imagine when they get on the other end they wont get at least one new person, possibly someone who has knowledge of that side. Even if they do find someone it makes you wonder what purpose they would serve. It seems like The Straw Hat crew really has all they need for a well rounded crew. A captain, Luffy; first mate/swords man, Zoro, navigator/thief, Nami; sharpshooter, Usopp; cook, Sanji; doctor, Chopper; archeologist, Robin; shipwright, Franky; and musician, Brook. I can't really think of what job someone would have to fill now. There is also a danger for a story to be crowded with too many characters. The only thing I could think of would be a cabin boy, ala Treasure Island; but Luffy isn't the kind of captain who needs chores done for him. They already now have two swordsmen, though different styles.
Some people have suspected that Boa Hancock will join the crew, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that. She's the queen of her whole island. I also don't see it with her whole personality. Sure she's a lot nicer, to Luffy, since she's fallen in love, but her personality hasn't changed much. Even when she came across the baby seal and puppy she still kicked them. She has misunderstood so many of Luffy's gestures up to this point. She thought his mouthing the words for "thank you"(a-ri-ga-to) was him saying, "I Love You."(a-i-shi-te-ru). Watch something just as silly will cause her to change her mind about him. That or she will remain a hidden ally to Luffy among the Shichibukai.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2009-02-19 at 06:30.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 06:41   Link #308
29pav

dragon

when does anybody think that dragon & his boys are gonna hit town i hope u get to see him fight one of the admirals if he shows up

also wha tdo u reckon the match ups will be in the white beard vs navy will be

i hope that zoro somehow gets lost & falls a sleep on a ship that has joined the fight with white beard & he gets to fight hawkeye again or get some revenge on kuma

please post your comments thx
29pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 22:25   Link #309
Smokin' D. Ace
Boatswain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29pav View Post
i hope that zoro somehow gets lost & falls a sleep on a ship that has joined the fight with white beard & he gets to fight hawkeye again or get some revenge on kuma

please post your comments thx
It isn't very likely that the scenario you described would happen. For starters, it is far too early for Zoro to go up against Bartholomew Kuma or Mihawk. Although Zoro could gain some power-up at the island with Perona and recover from his wounds I don't think he would stand a chance against Kuma in a rematch. Not to mention that it would be to early for Oda to have Zoro's match against Mihawk at this point in the story line. That match is likely saved for much later as it is Zoro's lifegoal, and for him to fulfill it this early doesn't seem plausible.

And about Zoro somehow getting lost, falling asleep on a ship that is about to join in the war it'd would seem kind of cheap.

Last edited by Smokin' D. Ace; 2009-02-23 at 22:25. Reason: Typo
Smokin' D. Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 09:03   Link #310
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Speaking of Zoro, I've thought up a nice scenario.

If Zoro should become the best swordsman in the world before the series finale (the final arc so to say), perhaps they'll introduce a character seeking to take the title of world's greatest away from Zoro.

Yeah, too much Afro Samurai, but it would be interesting to see how Zoro adapts to actually being the World's Greatest much the same way Afro had to deal with being the Number One and even before that the Number Two.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 03:34   Link #311
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Speaking of Zoro, I've thought up a nice scenario.

If Zoro should become the best swordsman in the world before the series finale (the final arc so to say), perhaps they'll introduce a character seeking to take the title of world's greatest away from Zoro.

Yeah, too much Afro Samurai, but it would be interesting to see how Zoro adapts to actually being the World's Greatest much the same way Afro had to deal with being the Number One and even before that the Number Two.
I'm pretty certain all of the goals of the characters will be accomplished before Luffy's. You see, getting One Piece and being the Pirate King isn't the dream of Luffy, but of the Straw Hat crew, so it would make sense to make that culmination of the series. Everything else will happen before. They'll run into All Blue on their way, Ussop will get a high bounty, Zoro will defeat Mihawk etc etc.
Old 2009-03-05, 14:16   Link #312
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo View Post
I'm pretty certain all of the goals of the characters will be accomplished before Luffy's. You see, getting One Piece and being the Pirate King isn't the dream of Luffy, but of the Straw Hat crew, so it would make sense to make that culmination of the series. Everything else will happen before. They'll run into All Blue on their way, Ussop will get a high bounty, Zoro will defeat Mihawk etc etc.
I always belived that everything is on Raftel, the island that only Roger's crew suppose to reach. Dr Crock (sp?) said something like that about Raftel. Like it would require some special way to get there, and that would explain why Whitebeard didn't go there. It's not that only power makes you Pirate King, or I think that Whitebeard would be able to destroy other three Lords - taking them one by one using some dirty traps and stuff.

I belive that at Raftel there's everything that most of our crew looks for - One Piece, All Blue & Rio Polygryph - and probably even Pluton or other ancient weapon.
Old 2009-03-05, 15:35   Link #313
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I always belived that everything is on Raftel, the island that only Roger's crew suppose to reach. Dr Crock (sp?) said something like that about Raftel. Like it would require some special way to get there, and that would explain why Whitebeard didn't go there. It's not that only power makes you Pirate King, or I think that Whitebeard would be able to destroy other three Lords - taking them one by one using some dirty traps and stuff.

I belive that at Raftel there's everything that most of our crew looks for - One Piece, All Blue & Rio Polygryph - and probably even Pluton or other ancient weapon.
If the All Blue is there then Sanji is kind of screwed. How could he make a restaurant there and take advantage of all the worlds different kinds of fish to cook there? No one would be able to visit his restaurant.
Old 2009-03-05, 18:29   Link #314
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
If the All Blue is there then Sanji is kind of screwed. How could he make a restaurant there and take advantage of all the worlds different kinds of fish to cook there? No one would be able to visit his restaurant.
Even if it's not there, but somewhere else in New World, than how the heck would people visit anyway? So many people fear Grand Line, and over half of those that are in GL don't ever go to New World. So if he'd made a restaurant close to Raftel and have all those fishes delivered it would be almost the same as having restaurant in All Blue - that is legendary sea that nobody would visit anyway Oo.

Sanji has a messed up dream.
Old 2009-03-05, 22:40   Link #315
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Even if it's not there, but somewhere else in New World, than how the heck would people visit anyway? So many people fear Grand Line, and over half of those that are in GL don't ever go to New World. So if he'd made a restaurant close to Raftel and have all those fishes delivered it would be almost the same as having restaurant in All Blue - that is legendary sea that nobody would visit anyway Oo.

Sanji has a messed up dream.
That doesn't mean that there aren't people on the islands of the New World. They survive well enough there.
I cook.(I'm even a member of a cooking group on this site where we share recipes.) So I can tell you that the best fish is always the freshest. The shortest time possible between the water and the plate is the best for fish. It's such tender meat that frostbite is death for a good fish. You can get pretty good frozen fish, but if you have had fresh fish right out of the water. It's miles of difference.
Why would he have all the fish delivered from the All Blue? How would that be any different then having these fish delivered from the other oceans. It would be safer for those who deliver and pick it up.

It's always surprised me that Sanji is a smoker and a chef. Not for some stupid, 'people shouldn't smoke' thing. It's that smoking has a strong effect on your sense of smell and taste. Which is needed as a chef.
Though I know he was warned about that.

I'm of a firm belief that at the end of the series, and Luffy is the Pirate King. He will want to go back up reverse mountain and take a new path through the Grand Line and do this over and over until he's gone through them all. You know Franky will go where ever the ship goes. I'm willing to put money down that Nami will go with Luffy. What better place to make a map of the world then sailing with the Pirate King who wants to travel the world.
Sanji MAY leave the crew to open his restaurant, but Luffy is sure to come by on ever visit through the Grand Line.
Old 2009-03-06, 05:56   Link #316
Wolcik

Quote:
That doesn't mean that there aren't people on the islands of the New World. They survive well enough there.
I cook.(I'm even a member of a cooking group on this site where we share recipes.) So I can tell you that the best fish is always the freshest. The shortest time possible between the water and the plate is the best for fish. It's such tender meat that frostbite is death for a good fish. You can get pretty good frozen fish, but if you have had fresh fish right out of the water. It's miles of difference.
Why would he have all the fish delivered from the All Blue? How would that be any different then having these fish delivered from the other oceans. It would be safer for those who deliver and pick it up.

It's always surprised me that Sanji is a smoker and a chef. Not for some stupid, 'people shouldn't smoke' thing. It's that smoking has a strong effect on your sense of smell and taste. Which is needed as a chef.
Though I know he was warned about that.

I'm of a firm belief that at the end of the series, and Luffy is the Pirate King. He will want to go back up reverse mountain and take a new path through the Grand Line and do this over and over until he's gone through them all. You know Franky will go where ever the ship goes. I'm willing to put money down that Nami will go with Luffy. What better place to make a map of the world then sailing with the Pirate King who wants to travel the world.
Sanji MAY leave the crew to open his restaurant, but Luffy is sure to come by on ever visit through the Grand Line.
The delivery wouldn't be a problem with Franky, since he already build a boat with acuarium. So all the fishes would be very fresh. It doesn't have to be far away, maybe like an hour of sailing, but what I fear the most that to get to Raftel someone would have to first fly over a mountain than swin under one or something like that. You don't expect people to get to a whirpool just to get lunch, they would be more like "fudge it, order it, and they'll bring it to us".

Sanji's smoking is one of those unrealistic things about OP. It doesn't affect his taste, and the smoke dosn't affect the food - so basicly that's all bull's crap.
It's like being burned in OP (and many other mangas), your hair should go like poof, but when someone puts them out not even their clothes are very dirty.

If you think about dreams of all SH than, Sanji will leave at All Blue, and Brooke will probably leave (for at least long time) when he meets Laboon. Everybody else will just go with the flow, after of course they themselfs tell their families and friends about their adventures and how they became Pirate King's mates XD
Old 2009-03-08, 06:17   Link #317
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
The delivery wouldn't be a problem with Franky, since he already build a boat with acuarium. So all the fishes would be very fresh. It doesn't have to be far away, maybe like an hour of sailing, but what I fear the most that to get to Raftel someone would have to first fly over a mountain than swin under one or something like that. You don't expect people to get to a whirpool just to get lunch, they would be more like "fudge it, order it, and they'll bring it to us".

Sanji's smoking is one of those unrealistic things about OP. It doesn't affect his taste, and the smoke dosn't affect the food - so basicly that's all bull's crap.
It's like being burned in OP (and many other mangas), your hair should go like poof, but when someone puts them out not even their clothes are very dirty.

If you think about dreams of all SH than, Sanji will leave at All Blue, and Brooke will probably leave (for at least long time) when he meets Laboon. Everybody else will just go with the flow, after of course they themselfs tell their families and friends about their adventures and how they became Pirate King's mates XD
What I meant is, What's the point of having fish delivered from the All Blue when you can get the same fish delivered from the seas they originally come from? Either way it's being delivered and it would be safer then having to travel to the Grand Line.
The point of the All Blue is a point where all the fish in the world are. It doesn't mean you can't get them anywhere else.

I've been wondering if there is anything about Nami that we don't quite know yet. She seems to have a natural ability to know when storms are coming, as seen in Ch. 130. Somehow she just felt that something was wrong and prevented the crew from being hit by a Grand Line cyclone. Which from what Vivi says are suppose to be impossible to predict. Only thing we know about her background is she was a baby found on the battle field during a pirate attack. Could she have some deep mystery behind her past, or is she just a naturally gifted person when it comes to weather?
It could just be as simple as a gift. There are many characters where we know nothing about their parents. Sanji, Zoro, Franky, and Brook. With Robin and Luffy we only know about one of their parents. We don't know who's Robin's father was and only recently did we learn the last name of Luffy's mother.
Old 2009-03-27, 20:15   Link #318
Rainbowman

Here's a theory I have involving Nami when she gave that glassband to Luffy: What if she thinks its useless because she already gotten Captain John's treasure at Thriller Bark? That's something to think about especially if Captain John's corpse was there. Plus Buggy would have quite a hissy fit if he does have the glassband from Luffy only to find out that the treasure Buggy was looking for was gone.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 22:14   Link #319
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
What I meant is, What's the point of having fish delivered from the All Blue when you can get the same fish delivered from the seas they originally come from? Either way it's being delivered and it would be safer then having to travel to the Grand Line.
The point of the All Blue is a point where all the fish in the world are. It doesn't mean you can't get them anywhere else.
But there could be new kinds of fish that can only be found there due to breeding of kinds not normally together.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 00:52   Link #320
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Here's a theory I have involving Nami when she gave that glassband to Luffy: What if she thinks its useless because she already gotten Captain John's treasure at Thriller Bark? That's something to think about especially if Captain John's corpse was there. Plus Buggy would have quite a hissy fit if he does have the glassband from Luffy only to find out that the treasure Buggy was looking for was gone.
So what does anyone think of my theory?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote