AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-21, 11:20   Link #1
maxximus-bob
Knight of the Esprit

Help! need good anime action in my life!

I'm not one to stick to one genre (although when it comes to anime i'm not a big fan of the drama) since i like pretty much any anime that has these three things: 1)Well drawn fight scenes
2)Storyline
3)some humor (though this isn't absolutely neccesary and now that i think of it cute girls are a plus too though also unnecessary)
Now i need to find something good to download from animesuki. I love One Piece and Macross Zero and my favorite anime of all time is FLCL (*thinks "maybe Cowboy bebop too....*)

Bottom line is i need something good, be it giant robots, not so giant robots, complete randomness (FLCL), pirates or ninja monkeys. whatever. I'd just like some suggestions so i can download more stuff from this great site.

Please and thank you.
Old 2004-07-21, 12:06   Link #2
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxximus-bob
I'm not one to stick to one genre (although when it comes to anime i'm not a big fan of the drama) since i like pretty much any anime that has these three things: 1)Well drawn fight scenes
2)Storyline
3)some humor (though this isn't absolutely neccesary and now that i think of it cute girls are a plus too though also unnecessary)
Now i need to find something good to download from animesuki. I love One Piece and Macross Zero and my favorite anime of all time is FLCL (*thinks "maybe Cowboy bebop too....*)

Bottom line is i need something good, be it giant robots, not so giant robots, complete randomness (FLCL), pirates or ninja monkeys. whatever. I'd just like some suggestions so i can download more stuff from this great site.

Please and thank you.

You goto try hunter X hunter. It's a great series, especially if you enjoy naruto or one piece.
Old 2004-07-23, 14:00   Link #3
Rx_Fink
Cybernetic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Rx_Fink
Read or Die (the original, I haven't seen the TV series) and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust both have awesome fights, some humor, and decent (though not really impressive) stories. Unfortunaly D is a movie and RoD is only 3 episodes, so it doesn't give you all that much to watch.

You might like Full Metal Panic. Decent fights, decent story, and some of the episodes are the most hilarious things you'll ever watch.
Old 2004-07-23, 15:35   Link #4
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Hey- cool av and sig- Zombie Powder if I'm not mistaken.

Everything else listed so far is good- here is more.

Naruto (have you not seen this?...because it's got liberal amounts of you asked for)
Condor Hero
Samurai 7
Avenger
Shadow Skill
Galaxy Railways
Violinist of Hamelin (old, but I like it)
Airmaster (I hate the characters in this one, but it happens to have the best fight scenes I've ever seen.)

There's so much more, but a lot of it got licensed recently
Old 2004-07-23, 15:58   Link #5
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Cinderella Boy - some action, some story, some hot girls, lots of humor
Kikou Sennyo Rouran - good action, good story, light humor, many cute girls.
SD Gundam MK I,II&III - well, the stories are wacky, but there are stories...
Old 2004-07-23, 16:04   Link #6
Imazul

Try Samurai Champloo if you liked Cowboy Bebop

Watch HxH like the first guy say and if you can stand fillers watch Naruto. thwese ae basily the actions serie popular right now.
Old 2004-07-23, 16:21   Link #7
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Good action, eh? Hmm... As for stuff you can get at Suki, my only real recommendation is Samurai 7. Madlax is alright too, if you can really call it action-- it's a lot more psychological and mystery-based, not so much action-based. All the good stuff has already been licensed. If licensed series are alright with you, here's some of the best:

Noir
Read or Die OVA (I've heard TV is great too)
Kenran Butoh Sai
Rouroni Kenshin (TV is overrated)

I unfortunately am in the same dilemma as you. I love action, but can't find much good stuff that's currently playing. Why don't you try out manga sometime? I never thought I'd like it, but some of the best action mangas have blown me away.

Examples (under your criteria):
Rurouni Kenshin
Chun Rang Yul Jun/ Now!
Bleach

All are 1. Exceedingly well-drawn, especially the fight scenes.
2. Have awesome storylines (RK- a vagabond samurai, the most feared and dangerous of all, vows never to kill and takes on spirits from the past while learning to live a normal life, NOW!- A young man in possession of an incredible, forbidden martial arts power is swirled up in ancient Korea's turbulent times, Bleach: A present-day HS student with the ability to see ghosts becomes a ghost-hunter.)
3. Have extrememly humorous moments with cute girls (Misao in RK, Rin!!!! in Now!, and Rukia (and a host of others) in Bleach).

If you have any trouble finding manga, feel free to PM me. I've just gotten into it, and am trying to spread the word, heh.
Old 2004-07-23, 16:45   Link #8
7thMethuselah

Action series :

Samurai 7 is probably my favorite of the unlicensed ones right now.
Naruto is the standard shounen action series, pretty good but animation isn't too hot.
Hunter x Hunter is not too bad either.

There alot better ones than those mentioned above but those are licensed.
Closed Thread