AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-17, 00:58   Link #1
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Is there any manga fansub?

duh...
I mean.. has any group scanned an entire manga then translated(scanlated) it then made a print version which look like the real thing/manga except its in English and made by fans?

A lotta' Manga scans are floating in the net but has any group printed an entire volume and made to look like the original...except maybe a note at the back: Made by Fans" and distroed it to their members?

or is this against US laws?

Last edited by Master Ran; 2004-08-17 at 01:45.
Old 2004-08-17, 01:39   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
duh...
I mean.. has any group scanned an entire manga then translated(scanlated) it then made a print version which look like the real thing/manga except its in English and made by fans?

A lotta' Manga scans are floating in the net but has any group printed an entire volume and made to look like the original...except maybe a note at the back: Made by Fans" and distroed it to their members?

or is this against US law?
It's all against US law. Even if they don't print it.

There's this pesky little thing called the Berne Convention that we violate every single time someone fansubs unlicensed anime or manga. You can read all about it in this thread: Copyright rules and legality of fansubs.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-08-17, 02:19   Link #3
stpehen
kisses for all

How many fansub groups take their finished files and then manufacture dvds, cases and covers and distribute them?
Old 2004-08-17, 02:32   Link #4
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
How many fansub groups take their finished files and then manufacture dvds, cases and covers and distribute them?
none, because the moment they do they get labeled "bootleggers"
Old 2004-08-17, 03:06   Link #5
Yuzuyu
yuzuyu is cute ^-^

i once did download the manga of marmalade boy..i loved them so i think i gonna buy them aswell..ohh and you dont wanna know how many pages it where..i think 500+
Closed Thread