AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2003-11-19, 19:19   Link #21
Tenkoy
That is a secret.

Send a message via AIM to Tenkoy Send a message via MSN to Tenkoy Send a message via Yahoo to Tenkoy
Well, I've always been happy with Robert's Anime Corner. (Based in the USA)

http://store.yahoo.com/animecorner/index.html

I've ordered from them in the past and I have been very satisfied with their level of service. Oh, and they absolutely carry no pirated merchandise so you know everything is legit. Also, if you order $100 worth of merchandise or more, shipping is free.

Last edited by Tenkoy; 2003-11-30 at 05:00.
Tenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-20, 10:58   Link #22
Mechazawa-kun

Question Discountanimedvd?

Yeah lately I've been considering buying my anime online, since shops here in Canada basically take your arm AND your leg
(50-60CDN for single 3 episode discs on avg!). I stumbled upon this animeDVD site whille looking for Ghost in the Shell - SAC episodes disc and saw this KILLER deal -- take a look for yourself:

Link to pirate DVD removed

39.99USD(im pretty sure its in US currency) for the whole GITS-SAC boxset! Considering how much I pay for single discs, this deal defies logic. Naturally, I'm suspicious. So has anyone bought stuff from WellKnownPirateSourceofDVDs and know if they're a reliable/reputable source for anime? If anyone knows give me a shout.

Ja ne

Edit by Mod (xris)
Clues to pirate copies:
Cheap price
Chinese and English translation
6-7 eps per disc

Last edited by xris; 2003-11-20 at 11:10.
Mechazawa-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-20, 11:35   Link #23
Mechazawa-kun

Thumbs down BOO I've been tricked!

Heh good thing I decided to ask around before buying. Thanx for the heads up Xris, you saved me from potentially buying that trash. They certainly went though a lot of trouble to make the site look legit...
Mechazawa-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-30, 02:47   Link #24
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
Hi I am purchasing Banner of the Stars II on DVD (Yes it isn't too new anymore) and I was wondering if anyone knew of a physical place like a retailer where I can buy them for a reasonable price. I don't want online stuff because I don't have a credit card and most places only take credit cards to purchase online.. so what I am looking for is a place not a site

I currently live in Corona, CA , USA. If there is anyone who knows an answer to this plz help me out

O and is it alright if I post this without telling any referances on where to buy because a lot of the posts previously had something, but then again nenmaster only hada sentence... hmm maybe my post will be ok ok I'll stop babbling and leave
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 18:48   Link #25
starblazer

The best site i know is www.dvdboxoffice.com
Lots of DVDs and console games and it's pretty cheap.
It's a canadian site and they show their prices only in canadian dollars.

PS. I have a relative who has bought over 200 DVDs from this site
starblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 20:14   Link #26
e2-
Genius!

are there any pages that ship manga to finland ?? ?
e2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 21:24   Link #27
lordwu

Based on my experience for the past few months, if you don't care about delivery speed and are in US:

For ADV, Media Blaster, Central Park Media titles:
www.digitaleyes.net -- 35% off plus 10% off coupon = 41.5% off

For Geneon/Pioneer, Bandai titles (Preorder 30 days advance):
www.rightstuf.com -- 25% off plus 10% off coupon plus GotAnime discount = 39.25% off (best scenario, usually at 38% off)

For Geneon/Pioneer, Bandai titles (Non-preorder)
www.digitaleyes.net -- 26% off plus 10% off coupon = 34.1% off

Few catches, Rightstuf requires order to be over $99 to get free shipping and Digital Eyes requires $20(or $25?) to qualify for free shipping so you will have to plan ahead before ordering. Also, the 10% off coupon are usually dollar off coupon like 5 off 50 or 10 off 100 so you basically have to order several DVDs together to get the discount.

Of course, studio sales at Rightstuf can save you quite a lot if you can wait for the twice a year event. Usually you get 41.5 to 46% off for ADV, MB, CPM and 39.5% off for Geneon/Pioneer and Bandai titles.

Bundles in the Rightstuf weekly special can be quite a money-saver as well. Usually you can get ADV titles for over 60% off for the whole series and recently there are several Geneon/Pioneer series sold at similar discount. Example? How about Cardcaptor Sakura Vol. 1-9 at 67% off?

Last edited by lordwu; 2003-12-10 at 23:30.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 14:37   Link #28
wash

I like www.digitaleyes.net too.

Another cool site is http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dvdhtml2
You can compare prices from many (but not all) retailers.
wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 16:09   Link #29
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
For us swedes

taking previously mentioned Science Fiction Bokhandeln there´s Webhallen who has an big R1 and very cheap R4 DVDs and DVDNorden who has a good R1 selection.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 02:45   Link #30
xxjc1104xx

Send a message via AIM to xxjc1104xx Send a message via MSN to xxjc1104xx
Does anyone know where I can buy Gravitation? I'm in the U.S and i checked those sites, i cant' find it there.
xxjc1104xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 21:20   Link #31
.hack//eX-D

Send a message via AIM to .hack//eX-D
Kimi kimi!!!

ne what about the shipping cost? the price are lower than store...
but when you put tax of them from 29.99 to 31.56..
what the diff when you buy them from online...total price...

like 5 or more $$$ on shipping... all together maybe become$35 or more amI Right?

Sorry For the bad Eng...lish
eX-D
Log Off
.hack//eX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 17:39   Link #32
ss_goku4
Perverted Teacher

Send a message via MSN to ss_goku4
Can you buy boxes for animes?

Is it possible to buy the box for a box set without buying volume one all over again. I'd really hate to buy volume one for my anime collections.
ss_goku4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 08:06   Link #33
Megane
Sleepy Head

Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_goku4
Is it possible to buy the box for a box set without buying volume one all over again. I'd really hate to buy volume one for my anime collections.
It depends on which box set box you are after, and who the distributor is. I have seen some boxes released on their own before, I know that RightStuf occassionally do. Bear in mind that it isn't common practice to release a box on it's own, so you might have more luck with 2nd-hand sales or auction sites like eBay.
Megane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 04:30   Link #34
Scythe

I'm surprised that some of these sites that I'm listing weren't mentioned before. All of them has very good prices and a large selection.

http://animecastle.com/ --- I do most of my anime shopping from this store. They have speedy delievery and their prices are better then most other places that I've seen. I visit alot of online stores to locate the best prices.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/main.asp -- They don't just have anime but a wide selection of non-anime dvds. Sadly, that's all they sell is dvds. Be careful though, I've noticed bootlegs mixed in with the official stuff.

http://half.ebay.com/index.jsp -- Run by the people who run Ebay but the prices here are fixed so that you are paying one flat rate. S+H is extremely cheap as well. You can find almost anything here. Delievery in the States is fast.

http://www.j-fan.com/dir/Anime/Retailers/ -- This site I found one day while exploring the net. Awesome directory of links to online stories everywhere in the world. Take a look around, you might find a hidden gem.
Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 08:53   Link #35
Casshern

While searching for Full Moon Wo Sagashite I bumped into this site: <Removed>

They are a small company, based in Singapore.

All their DVD's are multi-region, Japanese language only, with English and Chinese subtitles.

They sell anime DVD's that haven't been licenced in the US yet (this sounds reasonable since they are based in Singapore, where anime gets licenced quicker, as far as I know).

The site owner clearly states that they are a licenced distributor and do not sell pirated copies or fansubs. All DVD's are original.

The shipping charges are the same no matter where the destination.

Prices are very cheap.
Brief comparison between GTManga.com and DVDPacific.com:
(Currency in US Dollars)

DVDpacific.com:
Rurouni Kenshin eps 1-27 (Box Set) - $88.95 (members price)
$139.95 retail price.
Rurouni Kenshin eps 28-62 (Box Set) - $95.31 (members price)
$149.95 retal price.
Rurouni Kenshin eps 63-95 - Not Listed

GTManga.com:
Rurouni Kenshin (Complete Series + 3 OVA's) - $130.00

This site seems very promising. But I think it's almost too good to be true. I don't mean to offend anyone but Singapore is renowned for it's piracy (or was it Malaysia, or both? I apologise in advance if I'm mistaken)

On a sidenote...
I haven't purchased anything from them yet so I am not endorsing this site or suggesting that you rush and spend your money here for fear that they might be bootleggers or something like that.
If someone can confirm the legitimacy of this distributor please post here.

Sorry for writing so much...

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-02-03 at 09:34. Reason: Bootleg link
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 09:32   Link #36
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol//Aris
If someone can confirm the legitimacy of this distributor please post here.
Bootleggers will say almost anything to convince you they are legit. I don't have proof, but everything on their site leads me to conclude they are a bootleg outfit. For this reason I've removed the link.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 10:13   Link #37
Casshern

Oh well, it did seem too good to be true ^_^
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 10:44   Link #38
Megane
Sleepy Head

Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
I've edited the first post in the thread and added a guide to detecting bootlegs. If anyone has any opinions on it, or wants me to add anything, please let me know.
Megane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 13:59   Link #39
lady hoshi

Send a message via AIM to lady hoshi
a few questions

im not really hear to argue about prices
so im not quite sure if im in the right place...
*lady hoshi wables trying to regain her balance*
just getting my bearings in here
but i was wondering if anyone knew where i can get gunslinger girls parifinalia around new england (in the us)
and if its out on dvd in stores or online yet
thanx
lady hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 15:09   Link #40
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

lady_hoshi:
Can't help you on the merchandise, but I can tell you Gunslinger Girl isn't
licensed (yet). So it'll be a while for the DVDs. That said, the manga (vol 1 at least)
IS out by ADV Manga, which also gives you a hint as to which company will probably
announce the license for the anime eventually...
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime