AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 21:13   Link #4921
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

29 year old rookie Brandon Weeden is off the board.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 21:14   Link #4922
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They have two picks, so I expect them to trade their other 1st rounder for a 1st rounder next year + some. You know, like they have the last few years.
Which I appreciate as good strategy, but is always a little disappointing in the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Don't know anything about Jones really, not sure why Pats were so hot for a defensive end to begin with, but hopefully he'll turn out as a good pick. He didn't play much his junior year.
I guess one of his brothers is a UFC champion? Freak athleticism in that family.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 21:20   Link #4923
GDB

Wow, Reiff? Was expecting them to take Upshaw. Guess the Steelers will pounce on him then.

Wow, Steelers didn't take him either. Are my Ravens actually going to be able to grab Upshaw or Hightower without trading!?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 21:21   Link #4924
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Lions got good value for Reiff. He was a projected top-10 pick.
Old 2012-04-26, 21:23   Link #4925
GDB

Well frick, Pats traded up with Broncos and stole Hightower from us. Now we gotta trade up to grab Upshaw, hope he falls, or trade out.
Old 2012-04-26, 21:24   Link #4926
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Another trade-up? Interesting. I like the pick, Patriots have done well with big linebackers in the past.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 21:40   Link #4927
GDB

Well, Upshaw's still on the board for my Ravens. Let's grab him!

*edit 1*
God damn it, we traded our pick to the Vikings. God damn it. Upshaw won't be there anymore in round 2.
Old 2012-04-27, 05:13   Link #4928
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Colts - Luck. Obvious since a season ago.Hopefully he has enough to throw to.

Redskins - RG3. They need a proper QB and they need a leader with charisma and ambition. He is that.

Browns - Richardson. They needed an RB to give their inept offense some much needed fire. Probably the best choice.

Vikings - Kalil. Glad they didn't do something crazy and kept with Kalil. Ponder gets some much needed protection. Clever of the Vikings to snatch another 1st round pick in the process.

Jaguars - Blackmon. Finally a WR Gabbert can throw to. Had to be him.

Cowboys - Claiborne. Wow...Dallas took a real gamble. However, it's no secret their safety section is in dire need. They went for the best from this draft and free agency. Bold move. Man, did that draft room fill with venom when this pick went off....Well, it was held in Giants territory, heh.

Buccaneers - Barron. The pick most people suspected. Just what Tampa need in a pass-heavy division. LOL at the Falcons hate when he got picked! Tampa are getting real exciting.

Dolphins - Tannehill. As expected. Risky...but it's what they need. The payoff can be big if it works. But it could be fatal if it bombs. If he can fix his ability to throw in-routes, he'll do well in time. His ability to run and having WR experience make him an interesting project.

Panthers - Kuechly. Hmmm...really?? Didn't they need DE/DT more and people like Cox were still available? Mayock claims he's a very good choice. Hopefully Carolina get DE/DT wrapped up next round. Seems like a good choice but in terms of addressing need?

Bills - Gilmore. Well, Buffalo have gone hard to get a decent defense in free agency and now the draft. Hopefully it pays off because that leaky defense cost them big last year.

Most of the rest seems reasonable but I've got two major queries. Bears getting a DE...really thought they would have gone for Reiff. Please get an OL or two in the next couple of rounds....or Cutler is toast. And the Browns taking Wheedon? Sucks to be McCoy.

Philly taking Cox is a good move, his stock rose well in recent weeks. Coples going to the Jets shall be amusing to see if his supposed 'issues' won't get stirred up in that volatile cocktail that is the Jets. Kendall Wright not going in the first round surprises me somewhat, same for Upshaw.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-04-27 at 05:24.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 06:21   Link #4929
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Kendall Wright not going in the first round surprises me somewhat, same for Upshaw.
Titans took Wright.
Old 2012-04-27, 07:50   Link #4930
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Titans took Wright.
Whoops, my bad. Knew I'd miss something for looking right after 8 hours of work, heh. I remember all the mocks saying Wright would be available for the 49ers, so Tennessee probably got a good deal. There seemed to be a fair bit of shock when SF picked Jenkins.
Old 2012-04-27, 08:21   Link #4931
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
iPanthers - Kuechly. Hmmm...really?? Didn't they need DE/DT more and people like Cox were still available? Mayock claims he's a very good choice. Hopefully Carolina get DE/DT wrapped up next round. Seems like a good choice but in terms of addressing need?
The logic was that both Beason and Davis are coming off season-ending major injuries (in Davis' part, three in the last 2 years). And with Rivera being a LB guy. . . boom.

I would have preferred Fletcher Cox or Stephon Gilmore, though.

The Panthers are probably going corner 2nd round with Josh Robinson, Janoris Jenkins, or Trumaine Johnson.
Old 2012-04-27, 18:15   Link #4932
GDB

And Stover announces the Ravens choose Upshaw! YAY!!
Old 2012-04-27, 18:48   Link #4933
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
The logic was that both Beason and Davis are coming off season-ending major injuries (in Davis' part, three in the last 2 years). And with Rivera being a LB guy. . . boom.

I would have preferred Fletcher Cox or Stephon Gilmore, though.

The Panthers are probably going corner 2nd round with Josh Robinson, Janoris Jenkins, or Trumaine Johnson.
Apparently not.... Amini Silatolu, G.

Jets just picked Stephen Hill. I think this is the WR I got mixed up yesterday. Jets probably got this guy because he got good numbers in an option offense and was considered the 2nd best blocking WR in the draft. Jets fans seemed to be pretty psyched about this pick.

Edit: Bears just traded up to get #45 from the Rams and take Jeffrey. Nice for Cutler to have another target. But what about that OL....

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-04-27 at 19:00.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 20:08   Link #4934
Kyuu
=^^=

Have the Bears drafted OL yet? No?

Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 20:56   Link #4935
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Interesting that Cincinnati, an Ohio team, took a Penn State kid, and then immediately after that, Pittsburgh, a Pennsylvania team, took an Ohio State kid.

Congrats to Devon Still! I think he ended up in a good situation, despite the fact that I still think of the Bengals as a graveyard of top picks (though, Price and Dalton worked out last season).

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 20:59   Link #4936
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

2nd round just finished. If Chicago isn't taking an OL this time, Culter better get extra health insurance. -_-

Liking what Tampa Bay and Philadelphia have picked up. Vinny Curry was a dark horse in the draft that got noticed late.
Old 2012-04-27, 21:04   Link #4937
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Good pick with the small college sleeper in Amini, but really needed that CB help imo (Trumaine Johnson and Josh Robinson were still available). Carolina still needs DB and DL help. Without a 3rd round pick, anybody drafted afterwards are mostly for depth.
Old 2012-04-27, 23:23   Link #4938
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Interesting to see how the fans are grading/reacting to their teams' choices. Only the Colts got an A. Seahawks, 49ers, Giants and Falcons got Cs. Every other team got Bs.
Old 2012-04-29, 03:51   Link #4939
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Hilarious reactions to the first two rounds of the draft.

I'm pretty pleased with how things turned out for the Ravens. Upshaw and Osemele are beasts. Gradkowski can learn from Birk for a year. Jackson is a great punt returner and could develop into a quality nickel. Streeter has the tools to be a vertical threat. And Tyson looks like a good rotational run-stuffer.

The Bernard Pierce pick puzzled me initially, but after watching some video on him, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the starting RB in a season or two. I like Rice but if he's adamant about wanting Adrian Peterson money, he can look for it elsewhere after this season.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 07:45   Link #4940
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It's getting weird that both Rice and Flacco want that much. Considering Foster anf Forte aren't getting paid that much. Thing with Rice is thus far he has somewhat justified it. But some of this wage squabbluing is getting silly. Most people in the world probably don't get a fraction of what these guys earn.

Tampa Bay, Cincinatti and Minnesota did well in the draft. Intrigued to see how they do this season.

Tags
american football, sports