AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-22, 09:15   Link #1481
xizro345
King's Justice

Unfortunately, I cannot actually screengrab anything with my PS3...
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 10:43   Link #1482
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanish View Post
Yes! Taliesin is back and the white phantom was a total wuss. Interestingly, Arawn had to give up his life to defeat Merkadis the last time. I wonder what'll happen this time around.
That worries me espc with the prev to 26 but I dont think Arawn will let himself "die" again.

NEED 26 NAO!!!

Tal arriving on the dragons was epic!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 21:58   Link #1483
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well normally I might be disapointed by a guy returning from the dead, but after his death was feeling support for Taelsin x Epona so I'm fine with it. At least he came back with some help. If he just showed up without the dragons it might be another story .

But what a lame boss. Gets a scratch and starts freaking out. Guys are swinging swords at you man be happy that's the worst thing you have. Wonder if the suicide technically means Arthur doesn't get to avenge his father.

Bring on 26!
Old 2009-09-22, 22:09   Link #1484
LKK

I can understand why Lector freaked over getting scratched by Arthur. Lector's entire belief system, his entire world viewpoint, has been that he is one of the only 12 perfect creatures in the entire universe. Nothing and no one comes close to the perfection that he and his fellow spirits represent. The idea that a sub creature, an imperfect flawed being, was capable of marring the perfection is an idea that Lector finds inconceivable. Add to that, the fact that Lector has been wrong all this time (another inconceivable concept) about the lesser beings, the reality of what this means for his belief system completely destroys his mind.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 22:40   Link #1485
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I can understand why Lector freaked over getting scratched by Arthur. Lector's entire belief system, his entire world viewpoint, has been that he is one of the only 12 perfect creatures in the entire universe. Nothing and no one comes close to the perfection that he and his fellow spirits represent. The idea that a sub creature, an imperfect flawed being, was capable of marring the perfection is an idea that Lector finds inconceivable. Add to that, the fact that Lector has been wrong all this time (another inconceivable concept) about the lesser beings, the reality of what this means for his belief system completely destroys his mind.
Yeah I could completely understand the reasoning behind his breakdown. Just thought it was a sad finish with him flipping out like that. True enough that the shock to his belief system would be a massive shot to his mental stability. Anyways I suppose after what he put people through that kind of death is fitting.
Old 2009-09-22, 22:48   Link #1486
vincen99

It was an cool espisode, however, I kind of disapointed in the fight with Lector.
I meants they support to be almighty and powerful right, and yet all he does is doging and cast some barrier magic. He must be as strong as Myrdyyn right?
Then why didn't he show us something more like when he burn the senates. I know that he just take it easy and underestimated the them, but still they could at least make him use some fireball or something ( but then they would all died if he did ) . I bet Arthurn couldn't even touch him if he just use his spell instead of doging around.

Well another week for episode 26. I got nothing to do still then so i just going to post something. The power ranking of the characters ( good side only). I not means to offend anyone, this is just to kill some time.
My opinion on who the strongest and weakest on the good side before I watch all of the episodes.

Araw ( main character)
Arthur ( secondary main character)
Ogam
Octavia
Taliesin
Rathty
Mogan
Llyr
Riannon.

As I mention before this is just my baseless opinion.

This is the power ranking on the characters after I watch all of the episodes stil the recent one 1-25. And understand more about the characters.

Spoiler Alert.

Araw ( with his original power)
Ogam ( he is a freaking super dragon)
Araw ( without his spirit power)
Rathty ( episode 24 she/he is a beast)
Llyr ( same reason as Rathty episode 24)
Taliesin ( well he can sing the Song of Origin)
Riannon ( episode 25, awsome spells)
Arthur ( Dyrnwyn)
Octavia ( favorite female character)
Morgan ( the most revealing character, she barely has any clothes)

This is no longer my baseless opinion, this is how I rank them base on the anime.
This is not to insult any characters it's just to see who the most powerful and who the least powerful in the group.

The reasons why arthur and others characters are rank lower are because they are humans. If you remember Human are the weakest race of them all. And for Arthur, his skill is only a little better than Octavia without Dyrnwyn. It's obvious if you compare a super dagon to a human, it like compare between a lion and a rabit.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-09-23 at 05:19.
vincen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 23:28   Link #1487
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
The idea that a sub creature, an imperfect flawed being, was capable of marring the perfection is an idea that Lector finds inconceivable. Add to that, the fact that Lector has been wrong all this time (another inconceivable concept) about the lesser beings, the reality of what this means for his belief system completely destroys his mind.
It holds as an explanation but I still prefer the way it was treated in the game.
Anyway, as you surely noticed he's a rather weak villain, and that's a point shared with the game.
Old 2009-09-23, 10:29   Link #1488
klare

just as i thought:
- the white spirit is a loser and lunatic
- Talisin is alive

prediction for eps 26:
- everyone in Arawn's party survive
- Arawn choosed to leave with Riannon and make Arthur king and Ogam as his magician
- Octavia and Morgan live together happily
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 11:20   Link #1489
KeroFaria

Send a message via MSN to KeroFaria Send a message via Yahoo to KeroFaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
That worries me espc with the prev to 26 but I dont think Arawn will let himself "die" again.

Yeah, I have this disturbing feeling too ..... I mean the preview shows a scene where Arthur's image from someone's view slowly blurs and changes into Pwyll's. It's as if someone is recalling his old friend before his last breath.... or may be regaining consciousness after being unconscious.

I guess we'll find that out on Sunday
KeroFaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 11:59   Link #1490
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
prediction for eps 26:
- everyone in Arawn's party survive
- Arawn choosed to leave with Riannon and make Arthur king and Ogam as his magician
- Octavia and Arthur live together happily
Fixed! Now that's more better.
Old 2009-09-23, 13:09   Link #1491
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Fixed! Now that's more better.
Even though the two have barely had any development? No thanks, i prefer what Klare said.
Old 2009-09-23, 13:43   Link #1492
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Even though the two have barely had any development? No thanks, i prefer what Klare said.
Let's face reality.

I don't think what me & Klare said & want is gonna happen.

But we can all dream about it, can't we?
Old 2009-09-23, 13:44   Link #1493
xizro345
King's Justice

In other news my TTT gaiden copy arrived today! Here's the pics of the limited edition:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...e/IMG_3559.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...e/IMG_3560.jpg
Old 2009-09-23, 14:10   Link #1494
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeroFaria View Post
Yeah, I have this disturbing feeling too ..... I mean the preview shows a scene where Arthur's image from someone's view slowly blurs and changes into Pwyll's. It's as if someone is recalling his old friend before his last breath.... or may be regaining consciousness after being unconscious.

I guess we'll find that out on Sunday
Manju and I have been discussing elsewhere that very scene. She interpreted it like you do. I offer a different interpretation.

I think that's Riannon seeing Arthur through the prism of her inner Primula. I think it's the moment when Riannon realizes the full implications of her and Arthur's heritage. After that moment, I expect Riannon to be able to sing the Power of Words because once she accesses the Latin Primula learned, there will finally be someone who meets the requirements of someone who can sing the spell. (Power of Words spell requirements: knows Latin, possesses magical powers like Ogam or Pwyll, never been under the influence of the white spirits, and possess a pure heart.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-09-23, 14:24   Link #1495
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeroFaria View Post

I still dont see Arawn dying, I think something happens to make him view Arthur like that. I do see the possibility of Arawn being hurt again and maybe having to sleep but the more I thought about it why would they leave it like that. Im hoping Im wrong but I still stick to my theory that its Arawn seeing Arthur like that but as Ive found out in most of the times I bet...never bet against LKK-Sensei
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 14:33   Link #1496
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
the Power of Words
Actually that should be the Words of Power, like is written in the ep.26 title.
Old 2009-09-23, 14:52   Link #1497
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Actually that should be the Words of Power, like is written in the ep.26 title.
I was quoting the sub I have of ep 24 when I was listing the singer requirements. The sub says Power of Words. (I just checked again to be sure.) But you're right; the song title makes more sense as Words of Power to match the episode 26 title. So I was wrong. But ... but ... it wasn't my fault. Honest!

Old 2009-09-23, 15:35   Link #1498
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
I was quoting the sub I have of ep 24 when I was listing the singer requirements. The sub says Power of Words. (I just checked again to be sure.) But you're right; the song title makes more sense as Words of Power to match the episode 26 title. So I was wrong. But ... but ... it wasn't my fault. Honest!
Yes, but I have a serious advantage in having seen this already, so to speak 8P So no worries 8P
Old 2009-09-24, 05:30   Link #1499
Kanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK
I can understand why Lector freaked over getting scratched by Arthur.
But I think we were all expecting him to go ballistic on everyone after that, not to go and off himself which was kinda lame.
Kanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 09:09   Link #1500
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanish View Post
But I think we were all expecting him to go ballistic on everyone after that, not to go and off himself which was kinda lame.
I get you. I didn't have any expectations as to what he would do next, so maybe that's why the scene didn't disappoint me the way it disappointed others.

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox