AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

Old 2009-01-17, 19:09   Link #281
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
d'aww...

EDIT: Imageshack version.

Also yes, Ul is awesome.

Last edited by Cat Megex; 2009-01-17 at 21:07.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 19:10   Link #282
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
You can't link from danbooru like that. You'll need to upload the image onto imageshack first.
Old 2009-01-17, 20:15   Link #283
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Wow. I didn't know the Ali people are doing the OP song. I usually don't like their songs but this OP sound kind of nice.

I'm not sure what to think of this anime yet. The main heroine doesn't seem too interesting, however I just love Leopardo's antics. He's so funny and always exaggerates everything.
Old 2009-01-17, 20:19   Link #284
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Truthfully....I saw the first episode. It's filled with girls. I was going to stop watching midway but then I heard Fukuyama use his Lelouch voice and next thing I knew I'm watching the ED theme already. XD I had no idea I dig his voice this much. I've never been a big fan of an AI metal scrap before...now I am. It's friggin funny. I'm going to watch more. Hope the cuteness overload doesn't kill my interest later.

@wandering youth
I share your sentiments hahah
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 20:57   Link #285
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You can't link from danbooru like that. You'll need to upload the image onto imageshack first.
<_<;

Done.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 21:13   Link #286
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Poor Leopard! Reduced to an 'AI metal scrap', imagine the blow on his noble ego. XD

Somehow it didn't trip my lotsa girls radar though...maybe because I've seen lots worse. ._. ._.
jennkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 21:54   Link #287
Necroseer

Well - there are quite a few of them already (though it's surely not as large as the cast in Mai-Otome so far :P). I just keep having this nagging feeling that the green-haired girl (Honoka i believe) looks familiar. She's so much like that other green-haired girl from the Nitro+ game Chaos Gate (Kaze no Ushiro wo Ayumumono?).

I guess we can start yelling out 'All Hail Leopard' :P It's strangely suiting XD
Necroseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 23:06   Link #288
Avisch
Reality Blender

Opening is nice. It's actually abit less dark than Ali Project's other songs.
Second episode was ok. Not much happened. I'll need to the translation to find out whats going on.
Though Honoka is pretty cute. Needs more Takane (voiced by Yukana).

In comparison to Mai-Otome. I find the characters to be many many times better than Mai-Otome's (I couldn't get to episode 4 of Otome)...So yeah.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 23:26   Link #289
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
In comparison to Mai-Otome. I find the characters to be many many times better than Mai-Otome's (I couldn't get to episode 4 of Otome)...So yeah.
Well, at least the main character is not as annoying as the abortion of a character that was Arika.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 04:38   Link #290
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I think this anime is okei so far I just love it also the robot who speaks like Lelouch.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 05:46   Link #291
Necroseer

Leopard is definitely a memorable character - loud, obnoxious and emotionally a bit unhinged. And he blushes! How many robots can do that? :P

Just finished reviewing the second episode on my blog. It's a fun episode especially with Honoka and the mechas making their entrance.

I just question the way they put their suits on....that Iron Maiden image sure looks ominous doesn't it? :P
Necroseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 11:51   Link #292
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Well, at least the main character is not as annoying as the abortion of a character that was Arika.
Well, it's not easy to create such abominations on a regualr basis, you know. But Arika's seiyuu is apparently taking part in this series, so you never know, maybe one of the secondayry characters will be the epitome of annoyingness instead.

I like how they are not going overboard with infodumping so far, in another series there would probably have been long lectures about Akiha's school, the importance of her family with profiles of all the sisters, why the Earth is deserted and so on. Here they have mentioned and explained quite a few things but I feel they could have gone much further into infodumping territory. Quite a few mysterious facts remain - why can't Itsuki's inbred bosses (hilarious faces, all of them, btw) actually blow up LEOPARD? Maybe they want him equipped with that anti-matter gun and under their control for some unknown evil purpose and simply can't capture him.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 12:00   Link #293
Midonin
Last Engage

I liked Arika. Partly because I had a predisposition to her seiyuu from her days as DekaPink, but that's neither here nor there.

The show is off to a good start, and there is quite the universe set up. I'm looking forward to seeing if Akiha visits any of the other L-Points besides Kirkwood. Mostly the one where America is located, but any of them would do.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 12:12   Link #294
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I like how they are not going overboard with infodumping so far, in another series there would probably have been long lectures about Akiha's school, the importance of her family with profiles of all the sisters, why the Earth is deserted and so on. Here they have mentioned and explained quite a few things but I feel they could have gone much further into infodumping territory. Quite a few mysterious facts remain - why can't Itsuki's inbred bosses (hilarious faces, all of them, btw) actually blow up LEOPARD? .
1. The official website is FILLED with information on why Earth was deserted, and some info of the colony society. So go there if you want more info.

2. The bosses DID try to blow up Leopard. Those missiles weren't blanks, you know. The main argument was that they failed to destroy it, so they covered up the failure by claiming it was completely vaporised.
Old 2009-01-18, 12:31   Link #295
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
1. The official website is FILLED with information on why Earth was deserted, and some info of the colony society. So go there if you want more info.
I don't want info, I am simply happy they don't spoonfeed the viewers too much.

Quote:
2. The bosses DID try to blow up Leopard. Those missiles weren't blanks, you know. The main argument was that they failed to destroy it, so they covered up the failure by claiming it was completely vaporised.
I was not sure if those missiles were ordered by that particular bunch of shady characters. If the Earth is abandoned, why were the missiles shot from there? Anyway, assuming they ordered the strike, I wonder how come they can't find LEOPARD after that, it's not as if it's a small object.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 12:49   Link #296
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I was not sure if those missiles were ordered by that particular bunch of shady characters. If the Earth is abandoned, why were the missiles shot from there? Anyway, assuming they ordered the strike, I wonder how come they can't find LEOPARD after that, it's not as if it's a small object.
The Earth doesn't appear to be entirely abandoned, but whoever live there probably need to live to be VERY environmentally conscious, or they risk delaying Earth's recovery.

As for finding Leopard, he warped out at the end of ep 1. They never found him until episode 1, when he warped right next to a colony. If they couldn't find him until now, they probably can't find him after he leaves.
Old 2009-01-18, 17:57   Link #297
dream-seeker
soar high

Send a message via Yahoo to dream-seeker
Can anyone tell me what song is the OP? And by who? I like it very much.
dream-seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 18:02   Link #298
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream-seeker View Post
Can anyone tell me what song is the OP? And by who? I like it very much.
Rara Eve Shinseiki, by Ali Project.
Old 2009-01-18, 18:14   Link #299
dream-seeker
soar high

Send a message via Yahoo to dream-seeker
Are they the same group as the Kaibutsu Oujo ED? Sounds the same. Thanks Shiroth-san.
dream-seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 20:21   Link #300
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
But Arika's seiyuu is apparently taking part in this series, so you never know, maybe one of the secondayry characters will be the epitome of annoyingness instead.
Argh, I didn't know that. Seriously, if I was her manager I'd suggest her another line of work. Her performance in Mai Otome was many times more bothersome due to the contrast between her maddeningly annoying voice and the brilliance of Yukana, with whom she shared the lead roles.

I just hope she doesn't play any key roles here.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoujo, shoujou, shounen, sunrise