AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-08, 13:26   Link #1361
attobyte

The final episode seems predictable.

Speculation about the end:

Togame uses the swords to put an end to the shogunate (makes the revolution succeed) and avenge her family.
It's possible that she'll try to kill Shichika (his father killed her family in front of her) but I don't think it'll really happen.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 14:12   Link #1362
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Well, I guess it is not as predictable as it seems then!
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 14:19   Link #1363
Clarste
Human

Just for reference, that speculation seemed completely out of the blue to me. If I were to assume that this series was predictable, that is not what I would predict. The general theme seems to be: "we're getting these swords, but at what cost?" In a personal tragedy sense. If it's a sad end they'll get the final sword but so many people will have died for it that it'll be meaningless, and if it's a good end they'll just decide they don't care anymore and live happily ever after.

That's assuming it's predictable.

Edit: Oh yeah, there's also the implication that Kyotouryuu is the final sword in some sense.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 15:04   Link #1364
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Great episode, i love shichika...but they seem to forget about the broken arm in the end of the episode.... if they are trying to show his humanity, i think it would be a nice touch to show him recovering from an injury....
Old 2010-06-08, 15:07   Link #1365
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I just want to say, that I absolutely adore the music that plays up when there's a scene with that scheming princess.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 15:56   Link #1366
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
The final episode seems predictable.

Speculation about the end:

Togame uses the swords to put an end to the shogunate (makes the revolution succeed) and avenge her family.
It's possible that she'll try to kill Shichika (his father killed her family in front of her) but I don't think it'll really happen.
Personally, if I didn't know about the ending BUT knew that this was a tragedy I would have speculated that the shogunate tries to use that swords to take over Japan and then in an ironic move Togame and Shichika tries to stop him but gets killed instead.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 16:04   Link #1367
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanehei View Post
Great episode, i love shichika...but they seem to forget about the broken arm in the end of the episode.... if they are trying to show his humanity, i think it would be a nice touch to show him recovering from an injury....
I thought it was implied that some time had passed. Togame had estimated only half a month for his recovery, and I can imagine it taking a week or two to get from the mountain to a port, on foot.
Old 2010-06-08, 17:07   Link #1368
attobyte

Wait a minute this is... Indeed there is a "tragedy" tag in it.
Well, fortunately I've watched only up to ep. 4.
One "Iria no Sora UFO no Natsu" is more than enough for me. Giving up on this series.
See you next season. Goodbye.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 17:12   Link #1369
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
One "Iria no Sora UFO no Natsu" is more than enough for me. Giving up on this series.
The best part of a journey is not reaching your destination, but what it takes to get there.

Big shit there's a tragedy tag, keep watching because this is easily the best series out there (next to FMA) right now.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 17:53   Link #1370
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Personally, if I didn't know about the ending BUT knew that this was a tragedy I would have speculated that the shogunate tries to use that swords to take over Japan and then in an ironic move Togame and Shichika tries to stop him but gets killed instead.
I'd actually like an ending like that... so far the series has failed to really surprise me or keep 100% of my interest (The parts with Meisai, Nanami, and Konayuki kept my interests... as well as that one group member from the most recent episode who seems to be scared all the time... I find that adorable. ^^; ). So an ending where the main heroes are killed would both surprise and interest me. ^^;

Not saying that I hate Togame and Shichika and want them dead... though, I'm not saying that I love them and care about what happens to them either. .__.;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 17:59   Link #1371
shichi-chan
Mippa~

I wonder how Shichika will change after killing Nanami anyways, maybe he will feel regret or perhaps in some twisted way feel proud of the fact that he was able to defeat her!! I wonder on Togame's part anyways, seeing her sword kill his own sister. I cant wait for this episode!!

Question: this supposedly comes out on July 9 right?
Old 2010-06-08, 18:32   Link #1372
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
The best part of a journey is not reaching your destination, but what it takes to get there.

Big shit there's a tragedy tag, keep watching because this is easily the best series out there (next to FMA) right now.
And House of Five Leaves.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 20:11   Link #1373
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
YES NANAMI! Finally, an appearance of my snow loli. I am feeling great after watching this episode. So moe!!!!!

Quite amused about the ending as well

Last edited by Izayoi; 2010-06-08 at 20:32.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 20:15   Link #1374
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
For a series with so much of just talking you need a bit of tragedy to stir things up a bit.
Old 2010-06-08, 23:00   Link #1375
stassy

If it's really a tragedy then one need to survive in order to show the pain of losing his "lover".
Anyway the mountain climbing scene isn't already a death flag? it's too long to be just comedy.
stassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 00:25   Link #1376
JiffyGB
*snicker*

We're already in the middle of the tragedy train wreck if we're looking through the eyes of those poor maniwani....
It's just flat out sad how fast they're dropping. Then again some of them apparently have no value for their own lives.

I was also pretty surprised to see that nanami's coming up next week. Even if the conclusion is spoiled, I'm still reeeaallly curious about how the hell shichika pulls this one off. I mean, the whole village in half an hour? If she CAN copy their strength, I just don't see shichika having any chance.
JiffyGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 01:27   Link #1377
Clarste
Human

The 2nd and 3rd episodes are also pretty tragic in that they kill someone for the sword who clearly didn't deserve to die. Especially the 3rd one.
Old 2010-06-09, 03:18   Link #1378
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
And House of Five Leaves.
And Tatami Galaxy ... and all these speculation about the tragedy is kinda hilarious, wonder how surprised people will be at the end.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 04:05   Link #1379
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiffyGB View Post
I was also pretty surprised to see that nanami's coming up next week. Even if the conclusion is spoiled, I'm still reeeaallly curious about how the hell shichika pulls this one off. I mean, the whole village in half an hour? If she CAN copy their strength, I just don't see shichika having any chance.
That would really be cheating
However I don't think she can copy it since it isn't a skill. Otherwise she would have been able to lift the sword.

To my mind the Nanami thing in this 6th episode is surprising but spoils a little the episode since people tend to focus too much on it.
By the way Maniwa skills are quite interesting...
- Maniwa "Phoenix God" Houou, I wonder if he has some resurrection skills.
- Kawauso the otter has sure one of the most useful skill and it's really weird he lets him be killed so easily.
- Oshidori "Mandarin duck the rewind" so kind of time manipulation skill ?
- and Kyouken...
Spoiler for pixiv pictures:
Old 2010-06-09, 04:24   Link #1380
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
That would really be cheating
However I don't think she can copy it since it isn't a skill. Otherwise she would have been able to lift the sword.

To my mind the Nanami thing in this 6th episode is surprising but spoils a little the episode since people tend to focus too much on it.
By the way Maniwa skills are quite interesting...
- Maniwa "Phoenix God" Houou, I wonder if he has some resurrection skills.
- Kawauso the otter has sure one of the most useful skill and it's really weird he lets him be killed so easily.
- Oshidori "Mandarin duck the rewind" so kind of time manipulation skill ?
- and Kyouken...
Spoiler for pixiv pictures:
Snow lolis are awesome.

BTW super strength is a skill just like walking on water......and turning water into wine.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy