AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-06, 01:08   Link #101
Pyongyang
Learn To Read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81 View Post
*throws all other animes behind*

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!DAMMIT!!!YES!!!!!!WWOOOOOOOOTT!!!

She's comin back!!!!!YAY!!!

Haruhi-sama is comin back!!!!!

Okay, we need to prepare guys!We need a welcome banner for our Haruhi-sama!!SOMEBODY MAKE IT!!

^^ to excited...lol
Yeah, she would like to see that kind of hype from her loyal followers!
Can't wait!

Old 2007-07-06, 01:19   Link #102
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Whoa it's amazing this thread has already gotten six pages since yesterday...

But I didn't really think that haruhi would get a second season because I thought the novelty would have died off already... Looking at the novels I could not really think of how a second season could continue, that is, if they wanted to introduce something groundbreaking. So I guess it's up to kyoani to work around moe.
But apparently the hype's still on so oh well... Do not get me wrong: Snhy is one of my favourite series- I merely thought it ended pretty nicely, already.
Old 2007-07-06, 01:42   Link #103
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

What's wrong with continuing the story? I thought the novels made it pretty clear that there was still plenty of story to be told...and since it was first in novel form, you can't really jump to "moe" as the cause.

The first season left lots of loose threads open that pointed to the plot of the second season. I thought they did an admirable job of sowing lots of seeds, particularly regarding the Tanabata festival and Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. The second season would merely reap what has sprouted.
Old 2007-07-06, 02:26   Link #104
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

there should be a separate poll which asks
"which do you want to air first?
A) Clannad
or
B) Suzumiya".

But nonetheless, was Clannad the Spring anime/game which ties into Key's theme with Kanon being winter and Air being Summer? If so, then maybe Haruhi will fill in the time gap needed to launch Clannad in the spring. But imo, I think Haruhi for this fall is a bit too sudden. As for me I am wishing for a Clannad then Haruhi. Still great news either ways.
Old 2007-07-06, 03:05   Link #105
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Personally, neither is my most-anticipated series from KyoAni. Regulars will know which series' announcement will make me scream like a 15yr-old fangirl and run around yelling and whooping incoherently.

Also, there is still the possibility of Planetarian, which might just make people like Skyfall rip off his clothes and streak on the streets.

In short, I am fine with either CLANNAD(TV) or SHnY 2 airing first.

Cheers.
Old 2007-07-06, 03:12   Link #106
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
What's wrong with continuing the story? I thought the novels made it pretty clear that there was still plenty of story to be told...and since it was first in novel form, you can't really jump to "moe" as the cause.

The first season left lots of loose threads open that pointed to the plot of the second season. I thought they did an admirable job of sowing lots of seeds, particularly regarding the Tanabata festival and Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. The second season would merely reap what has sprouted.
My main gripe with the novels following the first one is that character development for everyone other than Nagato Yuki seems to have grinded to a halt. I'm 5 in and she's really the only character that has had any in depth focus on her post Volume 1 (I think she must be the authors favourite character). Sometimes I actually wonder if the Novel Series has an aversion to progressive character development as if it were episodical instead of serial because it seems to take 2 steps forward and 1.5 steps back with each novel after the first one and its not just because of the random order, I've actually gone out of my way to read them chronologically (unless that itself messes things up, which would be kind of strange).

If they want to make this second season good, I think they should pull in some other short stories that lend themselves to the other characters as well from beyond where I've read, if they are feasible. So there, I finally screwed up the courage to give my thoughts on what my ideal second season would be and how I would hope to see it structured.

@Skane: NO FULL METAL PANIC FOR YOU! Sorry, I would like to see more of that too. Maybe after the Haruhi hype and Key adaptations run their course, or maybe the Kadokawa/Bandai partnership will blossom further and Sunrise will take it for a fourth run.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-07-06 at 04:15.
Old 2007-07-06, 04:19   Link #107
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
My main gripe with the novels following the first one is that character development for everyone other than Nagato Yuki seems to have grinded to a halt. I'm 5 in and she's really the only character that has had any in depth focus on her post Volume 1 (I think she must be the authors favourite character). Sometimes I actually wonder if the Novel Series has an aversion to progressive character development as if it were episodical instead of serial because it seems to take 2 steps forward and 1.5 steps back with each novel after the first one and its not just because of the random order, I've actually gone out of my way to read them chronologically (unless that itself messes things up, which would be kind of strange).

If they want to make this second season good, I think they should pull in some other short stories that lend themselves to the other characters as well from beyond where I've read, if they are feasible. So there, I finally swallowed the courage to give my thoughts on what my ideal second season would be and how I would hope to see it structured.

@Skane: NO FULL METAL PANIC FOR YOU! Sorry, I would like to see more of that too. Maybe after the Haruhi hype and Key adaptations run their course, or maybe the Kadokawa/Bandai partnership will blossom further and Sunrise will take it for a fourth run.
Technically, the 2nd season SHOULD be Nagato Yuki's time to shine. Haruhi took the limelight last time after all, while Mikuru gets her turn later on. This is just author's method of focusing on individual characters, because everything had to be from Kyon's point of view. You can't tell a Haruhi-story the same way the "24" TV show does, with multiple plotpoints, because Kyon can only be at one place at a time. Unless certain characters get involved extensively with Kyon, they wouldn't even get lines.

Anyway, the author is in on the joke; one of the later plotlines has Kyon narrating to the readers along the lines of :
"It seems I have met a dead-end. Guess there is no choice but to go "there" again... What? Stop complaining about how predictable or boring it is! Yes, I know... As much as I hate to bother her, it is time to request aid from the most resourceful of all SOS-dan members."
(note: This is just the rough meaning from my memory, and not word-for word. Especially since it came from my Taiwanese edition novel)

The whole point of the story focused on Yuki is two-fold:
1. Yuki needs character development. When the first novel was written, the author did not even know he would get a chance to write a sequel. So now he had to deepen their characterisations one by one.

Spoiler for Nagato novel spoiler:
Old 2007-07-06, 04:51   Link #108
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Spoiler for Nagato novel spoiler:
Spoiler for Yuki nerf:
Old 2007-07-06, 07:54   Link #109
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Cool, a Season 2 Haruhi announcement...I guess it was inevitable that a season 2 announcement was going to be made...I mean didn't anyone find it kind of weird for an announcement of three Haruhi games?
I mean first it was just the PSP game announcement, and then came the ps2 Haruhi game announcement and then a Wii Haruhi game...I mean, this must have been a sign that a major announcement was going to be made concerning season 2.

Anyways, with season 2 almost about to break out, I'm guessing the one main story that they'll put in there is the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.
I mean that might be the new title for this season.
As for a season 2 with 26 episodes, it might be a possibility.
It seems Kyoto animations are making a habit of making a 14+ episode season of a show, ever since they did Kanon.
But it seems we wont be getting Haruhi season 2 too soon though...Clannad is up next after Lucky Star, so atleast tidbits of new news on what this season will be about, will keep our hopes up and stuff.
Old 2007-07-06, 09:07   Link #110
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Uh, sure... because there's no middle ground, right? If you don't love the series, you must hate it, right? Right!?

Give me a break. It's comments like this those which make me agree with people like Kaioshin_Sama about the over-hypeness of the series' fans.
Pardon me, I was being sarcastic in my post. I apologize for not being clear enough. I purposely added quotation marks over "Haru-tard" as an attempt to have a laugh at myself.

I don't deny being a "passionate" fan, I do admit that there are some within the "hardcore fandom" that I'd rather keep a distance from.

But what irks me is SOME people (not just here) just like to throw us all in one basket. Most of us here just enjoy and admire what is a jolly good show (or studio) with high production standards, and yet they simply brand ALL Haruhi-ists (or "Kyo-Ani-ists") as irrational. Well I can equally say the anti-Haruhi-ists are just as irrational, based on some of their behaviour on last year's 2006 SaiMoe tournament in 2ch, they're just hating Suzumiya Haruhi for the sake of hating it.

Though I concede maybe I'm getting a bit edgy when it comes to criticisms, especially with shows where I have a passion on. Kind of like how I can't stand people wishing ill-will on my favourite sports team. I do realize there's a difference between sports and anime, so I will take this as a lesson to be more tolerant, so bear with me.
Old 2007-07-06, 09:34   Link #111
LumpOfCole
I work with computers.

Send a message via AIM to LumpOfCole
I, too, simply am a passionate follower.

Old 2007-07-06, 09:45   Link #112
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpOfCole View Post
I, too, simply am a passionate follower.

ALL HAIL HARUHI-SAMA!!!
Old 2007-07-06, 10:27   Link #113
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I am of the opinion that nearly all anime is good to one extent or another. Its a great way to pass the time, and lots of them have very engaging back-stories, plots, characters and so on. A lot of the anime I have watched I have been quite dubious about watching in the first place, MoHS was one of those. I just couldn't see how a story about a girl with her own club with an alien, ESPer and Time Traveler could make any sense or go anywhere. But I decided to watch it, and low and behold I loved it. So I try and stick to the belief that all anime is good, and that there is not enough to watch, and they need to make it faster! I don't particularly care about the order that its made in, just as long as it is made.. before I die of old age.

So lets just cheer the studio's on to make more and more to sate our voracious appetites.

For a moment there I thought that DVD-collectors box was a framed picture of Haruhi. One of those ones with the shiny-holographic-moving-background ones.
Old 2007-07-06, 12:37   Link #114
da-xia

best news ive heard in awhile.. this means clannad tv is pushed back to fall 2008 i heard.. but the movie is still coming out this fall.. also rumors on FMP s4 i hear.
Old 2007-07-06, 16:30   Link #115
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

The star of the seventh novel is without a doubt Mikuru and you see a lot of characther development from her and from Tsuruya-san.
And they can make a full season with all the little stories of Editor in Chief Straight Ahead!! even with different animation technics for each.
Old 2007-07-06, 17:36   Link #116
eggplant
Eggplant

Here's a scan from this morning's Asahi Shimbun full page newspaper ad.

The following sites will be updated on 9PM (JST) today (July 7th):
www.haruhi.tv (official Haruhi website)
http://anime.webnt.jp (web Newtype)

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2007-07-06, 18:38   Link #117
LumpOfCole
I work with computers.

Send a message via AIM to LumpOfCole
I reorganized the top of my desk today in preparation for the Season 2 announcement!

http://ctolpin.googlepages.com/ratethetopofmydesk.jpg
Old 2007-07-06, 19:33   Link #118
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

The announcement was going to be today right?
Old 2007-07-06, 20:17   Link #119
Flarey
Fandub Voice Actor Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
The announcement was going to be today right?
No, it's Saturday which is tomorrow.
Old 2007-07-06, 20:50   Link #120
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarey View Post
No, it's Saturday which is tomorrow.
It's already Saturday in Japan.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen