AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-16, 14:23   Link #41
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I think the highest level we saw is 17, the Fei Long guy (doppelgenger) that got pawned has that.

@Jin-Mori My sig is from eroge VenusBlood Desire.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 22:46   Link #42
Jin-MoRi

Yeah, Fei Long was the highest!
Jin-MoRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 13:08   Link #43
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

This fucker annoys me...instead of being a man and fighting Jin-Mori 1 on 1 he uses his teammates to weaken him so he can get an easier win.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 15:23   Link #44
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This is more interesting than I thought it would. General shounen storytelling usually has their strongest man go last. With Jin Mo-ri going first, and beating up the first two fighters(and in return, taking considerable damage to both his acupuncture and ReTae attack balance), he's definitely going to lose against Park. It'll be refreshing and interesting to see how Yu Mi-ra is going to beat him(and without any particular knowledge of ReTae). Maybe we'll get to see her final attack this time =03.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
This fucker annoys me...instead of being a man and fighting Jin-Mori 1 on 1 he uses his teammates to weaken him so he can get an easier win.
Not to mention he used Jin Mo-ri's unwillingness to fight women against him. Park expected for Jin to let his guard down because he knows Jin wouldn't want to hurt her. "To be logical is to be inhuman", I guess =02.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 15:27   Link #45
blackwhite67
Banned

The author will make Jin-mori lose so he'll have to fight that shark guy.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 17:07   Link #46
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for 85:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 01:23   Link #47
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Spoiler for 91:
Old 2013-02-02, 20:57   Link #48
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Spoiler for 93:
Old 2013-03-07, 21:05   Link #49
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Raw just came out.

I don't know what is happening but it looks awesome!
Old 2013-05-16, 12:19   Link #50
bludvein

108 just came out.

I knew something was up with Mori, but I totally didn't expect that he was an amnesiac Sun Wukong. Or even any god to be honest.

Though looking back there were clues. Like the title. It refers to more than just the tournament.

As an aside, the eye thing is cool, but shouldn't they be gold?
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 14:19   Link #51
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
108 just came out.

I knew something was up with Mori, but I totally didn't expect that he was an amnesiac Sun Wukong. Or even any god to be honest.

Though looking back there were clues. Like the title. It refers to more than just the tournament.

As an aside, the eye thing is cool, but shouldn't they be gold?
I think his new eyes are way cooler.

Was I seeing things? Or did Jae-Kal look like he was going to pull off a water style rasenshuriken there?

Jin-Mori (to Jae-Kal): Mine are bigger than yours.

Does anyone see the justice here? The whiz kid's lightning strike had no effect on him the first time he fought. Yet right after he swallowed god, he ended up being killed by a lightning strike.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-05-23 at 15:03.
Old 2013-05-23, 14:37   Link #52
bludvein

I was referring to this though.

Quote:
Sun Wukong later single-handedly defeated the Army of Heaven's 100,000 celestial warriors - each fight an equivalent of a cosmic embodiment, including all 28 constellations, four heavenly kings, and Nezha, the son of Li Jiang Jun who proved himself worthy - and proved himself equal to the best of Heaven's generals, Erlang Shen. Eventually, through the teamwork of Taoist and Buddhist forces, including the efforts from some of the greatest deities, Sun Wukong was captured. After several failed attempts at execution, Sun Wukong was locked into Lao Tzu's eight-way trigram Crucible to be distilled into an elixir, (so that Lao Tzu could regain his "pills of longevity"), by the most sacred and the most severe samadhi fires. After 49 days, however, when the cauldron was opened, Sun Wukong jumped out, stronger than ever before. He now had the ability to recognize evil in any form through his huǒyǎn-jīnjīng (火眼金睛) (lit. "fiery-eyes golden-gaze"), an eye condition that also gave him a weakness to smoke, and proceeded to destroy Heaven's remaining forces.
The flashback was probably from his rebellion, when he didn't have the eye condition yet. He seems to have lost it in addition to his amnesia. Though maybe they just aren't using that part of the myth?
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 18:36   Link #53
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I was referring to this though.

The flashback was probably from his rebellion, when he didn't have the eye condition yet. He seems to have lost it in addition to his amnesia. Though maybe they just aren't using that part of the myth?
Yeah, but they are certainly using this part.

Quote:
Five centuries later, the Bodhisattva Guanyin went out in search for disciples that could protect a pilgrim from the East to journey to India to retrieve the Buddhist sutras. In hearing this, Sun Wukong offered to serve this pilgrim, Xuanzang, a monk of the Tang Dynasty, in exchange for his freedom after the pilgrimage was complete. Guanyin understood that the monkey would be hard to control, and therefore gave Xuanzang a gift from the Buddha: a magical headband which, once Sun Wukong was tricked into putting it on himself, could never be removed. With a special chant, the band would tighten and cause unbearable pain to the monkey's head.
The halo around Jin Mo-Ri's head seems to be the one from the myth. I'm guessing the author is using this so he won't finish his opponents too quickly. No one chanted a sutra to activate the band though so I'm guessing it's set to restrain Jin Mo-Ri whenever he causes mass havoc. For instance, the circlet tightened after he caused that massive tsunami by dropping Yeo Ui.

egscans just had a mass release!
Old 2013-06-13, 13:27   Link #54
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Finally this arc came to an end... now we will get a few chapters of flashbacks. Could be interesting.
Old 2013-06-13, 15:45   Link #55
blackwhite67
Banned

I'm glad to see the gramps is still alive. I was rereading the chapters and I just realized that the Key that Sang Man-Duk has is that guy with the eye-patch who taught North Korean Tae Kwon Do.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-06-20 at 22:18.
Old 2013-09-20, 00:44   Link #56
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Caught up with current chapters, The author isn't hiding his love for Dragon ball, Is he?
Old 2013-09-20, 17:59   Link #57
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Caught up with current chapters, The author isn't hiding his love for Dragon ball, Is he?
That he isn't. I hope Jin Mori mops the floor with this imposter.
Old 2013-09-22, 13:01   Link #58
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Or he really like "Journey to the West" the Chinese classic novel where Sun Wukong (Son Goku in Japanese) is one of the main character.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 21:14   Link #59
LKK

Opened and moved from Archive by request.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 21:59   Link #60
bakato

Oh, so this isn't dead after all. You know I'm really gonna miss Mori Hui.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote