AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-17, 19:51   Link #3821
Windknight111
Guardian Of The Wind

Well, either a kiss or just another one of Tatsuya's embraces. Vol 9 by the way.
Old 2013-03-17, 20:02   Link #3822
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknight111 View Post
Well, either a kiss or just another one of Tatsuya's embraces. Vol 9 by the way.
Oh that is awesome, but what is with this sense of disappointment is it because it's not on the lips or is it because is not loli Miyuki umm.
Old 2013-03-17, 20:29   Link #3823
Seitsuki
Onee!

I think he's talking about v7.

Never mind, that's what I get for not realising there's a new page.
Old 2013-03-17, 21:05   Link #3824
babbo3d

Tears running down my face after reading the rest of volume 14. I have never wanted to punch someone more.
Old 2013-03-17, 22:50   Link #3825
waffler

can someone tell me what flash cast actually does? i know that it skips magic processes but since it was a failure why does the military fear tatsuya using it so much because he cant even use magic that well
Old 2013-03-17, 22:59   Link #3826
Windknight111
Guardian Of The Wind

The military feels that it is unsophisticated(?), and it is actually the Yotsuba that wants it kept hidden. From what Ive understood so far, Flash Cast allows instantaneous activation of magic that has less than 5(?) processes. Having a person that is nigh invincible also able to use Flash Cast is, as someone in-universe stated, frightening. Also, it is not that it is a failure, seems like Tatsuya is the only success.

Half drunk from sake, I even double posted, bah! Anyway, I might be speaking incoherently so do excuse me.
Old 2013-03-17, 23:03   Link #3827
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
can someone tell me what flash cast actually does? i know that it skips magic processes but since it was a failure why does the military fear tatsuya using it so much because he cant even use magic that well
it would be best to read the part Where Tatsuya fought the Crimson Prince and heard it from the docto himself.

But it's technique that brain washes the brain into memorizing magic and activation sequence. So he simply skips activating it and sends the magic sequence into his artificial Magic calculation area to use the magic. But because his artificial processor is inferior (to a natural one) he can only handle magics at a limited number of processes (steps in the change of edidos), is dangerous because it means he can use half of the know combat magics instantaneously without a cad. With that speed in close quarters it's almost impossible to win against him.

P.S: it goes without saying no one could win against Tat in a long range magic sniping battle.
Old 2013-03-17, 23:04   Link #3828
Chimurry

Quote:
Long story, short and avoiding complicated terms:

Its like when you learn maths operations formulas, so, maybe the problem comes in the way you need 5 or more steps to solve the problem, flash cast give you the answer formula in one go, but the answer app have to be in record directly in your mind in way to can be use, there's why Military discard the use of flash cast.
BTW: Cardinal codes and loop cast follow the principle but need more steps to get the solution.
Tats birth magic is so powerfull not mention elites high tier, His technical ability to cast others magics are low, Hes a very specialized BS Outer systematic Magician, ironically hes like Kakashi Sensei (Naruto) in the way one Tats natural ability can copy any magic he can see, btw, dont need sharingan to do.
Old 2013-03-17, 23:19   Link #3829
waffler

i read that honoka thought that 10 steps was basic for her and tatsuya only skips 5. does that mean decomposition has less than 5 steps?
Old 2013-03-17, 23:27   Link #3830
babbo3d

Quote:
i read that honoka thought that 10 steps was basic for her and tatsuya only skips 5. does that mean decomposition has less than 5 steps?
Who knows how many it has, but is magic of the highest quality and is one his two magics that dominated his natural magi calculation area. So it has nothing to do with flash cast.
Old 2013-03-17, 23:33   Link #3831
Rava

Quote:
Decomposition is his birth magic. It doesn't matter how many steps it has because he can use it naturally.
Old 2013-03-17, 23:35   Link #3832
Chimurry

Quote:
Uhhmm, What do you mean??, every Magic have their own process, even activation sequences could change with same magic depending the programmer and CADs personal adjust, is usual ancient magic take more steps than modern magic, still Tats real value as engineer is his proficiency as software programmer, so even top tier CADs from others elites engineers don't get the same result as him, take Vol 3 explanations with Shizuku and Mayumi CADs, same Vol you get about ancient and modern cuz Tats and Mikihiko talk.

So in the way you wrote implies Honoka use decomposition, but that non systematic magic its very specialized, so far only Tatsuya could use.
In MKnR, magic its not often to anyone can use any others magics or spells, there's generics like flight magic, but mostly are reduced according your ability group, even if you try copy will be a poor copy or even impossible to copy.

EDIT: strictly speaking or definition, Tatsuya birth Magic is one non systematic magic, the point is He can use both ways: decompose or regrownt (more like rewind eidos to previous point in 24 hrs time frame).
Old 2013-03-18, 00:51   Link #3833
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Hello.

Is this Mr.Satou Tsutomu?

I want to order a loli version of Miyuki.

Yes, for hugging and teasing. Yes, i don't have a little sister.
Old 2013-03-18, 01:12   Link #3834
Seitsuki
Onee!

Careful, she'll freeze you. How do I know you ask? Wellll. Heh.
Old 2013-03-18, 01:53   Link #3835
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Careful, she'll freeze you. How do I know you ask? Wellll. Heh.
Personal experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Hello.

Is this Mr.Satou Tsutomu?

I want to order a loli version of Miyuki.

Yes, for hugging and teasing. Yes, i don't have a little sister.
All loli Miyukis come with a complementary rank SSS siscon Demon God. And no, the extra item cannot be refused.

Last edited by Occulus; 2013-03-18 at 02:07.
Old 2013-03-18, 09:29   Link #3836
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Uhhmm, What do you mean??, every Magic have their own process, even activation sequences could change with same magic depending the programmer and CADs personal adjust, is usual ancient magic take more steps than modern magic, still Tats real value as engineer is his proficiency as software programmer, so even top tier CADs from others elites engineers don't get the same result as him, take Vol 3 explanations with Shizuku and Mayumi CADs, same Vol you get about ancient and modern cuz Tats and Mikihiko talk.

So in the way you wrote implies Honoka use decomposition, but that non systematic magic its very specialized, so far only Tatsuya could use.
In MKnR, magic its not often to anyone can use any others magics or spells, there's generics like flight magic, but mostly are reduced according your ability group, even if you try copy will be a poor copy or even impossible to copy.

EDIT: strictly speaking or definition, Tatsuya birth Magic is one non systematic magic, the point is He can use both ways: decompose or regrownt (more like rewind eidos to previous point in 24 hrs time frame).
Decomposition is not Non-Systematic. The Gram spells are Non-Systematic, but Decomposition uses Systematic components like Dissolution.
Old 2013-03-18, 12:44   Link #3837
Tru3Ph03niX

If you try to explain flash cast in Math terms then
-Magician trying to cast magic without CAD is like solving a problem in your head.
-Magician trying to cast magic with CAD is solving it with a calculator.
-Flash Cast is like a computer Auto solving simple problems for him

I think that works
Old 2013-03-18, 13:43   Link #3838
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru3Ph03niX View Post
If you try to explain flash cast in Math terms then
-Magician trying to cast magic without CAD is like solving a problem in your head.
-Magician trying to cast magic with CAD is solving it with a calculator.
-Flash Cast is like a computer Auto solving simple problems for him

I think that works
Almost.

Normal spellcasting is taking a math problem, writing it down, showing all the steps you took, and then writing the answer. Doing problems in your head is not slow unless it is complicated.

CAD is as you say.

Tatsuya's Flash Cast is memorizing the equivalent of a five-digit multiplication table and doing the problem in your head.
Old 2013-03-18, 15:28   Link #3839
babbo3d

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Almost.

Normal spellcasting is taking a math problem, writing it down, showing all the steps you took, and then writing the answer. Doing problems in your head is not slow unless it is complicated.

CAD is as you say.

Tatsuya's Flash Cast is memorizing the equivalent of a five-digit multiplication table and doing the problem in your head.
Almost isn't it having the answer the moment the problem is presented (sorry i wanted to do that to).
Old 2013-03-18, 15:42   Link #3840
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
Almost isn't it having the answer the moment the problem is presented (sorry i wanted to do that to).
That's why I mentioned the multiplication table. You don't have to think on the answer -- it just comes out.

Like asking 10 x 10 = as a question. You should immediately know the answer without even thinking about it.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings