2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.74%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-12, 14:01   Link #341
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Amazing episode. Not only for Fate/stay night, but for the whole anime library I have in my mind. I judge this as one of the best anime episodes ever. And I spent a "10" on the rating system, which is a genuinely rare happening to me.

But this episode had just all to shine and to deserve the maximum rating. Particularly, the epic battle between Archer and Berserker with the tragic ending. At one point, I was aware that Archer would probably had died, but I thought he could at least took with him that horrible beast.
Instead, with a bit of disappoint, I saw the horrible beast regenerate in five seconds almost as nothing has happened. Evil wins. Ilya wins (temporarily). Impressive. I'm not fond of the "happy ending" everytime, so it's ok when tragedies happen, especially when they're so rich and meaningful. And when the character actually leaves the scenes memorably, as a real hero as he is. I won't join the discussion on the clues left by Archer etc. etc. .. because I already know ^^ .. and that made the episode even more meaningful, by the way.

We've lost one of the best characters of the anime. Rest In Peace, Archer, at least until the next Holy Grail War will eventually occur. You left a great memory, and all the tens for this episode shows how you were meaningful for this story and for people watching it.

So now, I'm curious. The following for the story became very interesting, I'm sad for Rin, who lost her servant while just helping out an alley. It must be tough. I quite sympathized with Heracles on the back episodes, now it's more difficult. I liked Ilya, not that her insanely lucid cruelty has made me change idea completely. But I won't "cry", eventually, if something bad has to happen to her on the next stages.
Old 2006-04-12, 14:03   Link #342
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
Damn him then, than Kevin Sorbo! The real Heracles had a pretty hardass life.
Though is it possible that he could have been summmoned as a different class? I read somewhere that Heracles was pretty good with a bow.
Hercules went berserk once when hera cause him to go mad. Despite his wear the a lion skin (imperious to swords and arrows) and wielding a club. i never saw him as a berserker. Hercules would have made a great Archer with his poison arrows. And he was imo the smartest of all the greek heros. He use his brain more offen then his strength.

PS/. Hercule was also a crossdresser, he was sold as a slave once for one year as a punishment and his owner a old made him dress up in woman's clothing and clean house So Hercules in a Maid Uniform.
Old 2006-04-12, 14:18   Link #343
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Hercules went berserk once when hera cause him to go mad. Despite his wear the a lion skin (imperious to swords and arrows) and wielding a club. i never saw him as a berserker. Hercules would have made a great Archer with his poison arrows. And he was imo the smartest of all the greek heros. He use his brain more offen then his strength.
...Odysseus.

But Hercules doesn't belong as a berserker.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 14:32   Link #344
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
PS/. Hercule was also a crossdresser, he was sold as a slave once for one year as a punishment and his owner a old made him dress up in woman's clothing and clean house So Hercules in a Maid Uniform.
I believe you just killed the meido thing for me *has flashbacks to "unlimited maid works doujin*
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 14:41   Link #345
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
...Odysseus.

But Hercules doesn't belong as a berserker.
Odysseus's idea with the trojan horse came form Posident. He was smart but Hercules was smarter.
Old 2006-04-12, 14:54   Link #346
Amaranthine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
Though is it possible that he could have been summmoned as a different class? I read somewhere that Heracles was pretty good with a bow.
Spoiler for :

I don't know about him being Berserker. I've never got the impression that it matters whether the hero was crazy or berserk in the legends and stories about them, but that it's a sacrifice they make when they're summoned as Berserker class. The way I think of it is that strength, skill and dedication as a warrior are what matter to the class, and that dedication as a warrior is what lets them sacrifice their sanity to further enhance their other attributes.

The Norse berserkers were said to have been members of the cult of Odin, and they went into the berserk state to further uphold the Odinnic ideal and become the ultimate warrior.

I haven't played the game though, so I may have interpreted this whole thing the wrong way. :/
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 17:23   Link #347
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

IIRC, it's the Master who chooses to make his Servant a Berserker (if he qualifies, of course).

Heracles became mad twice in his life, so I think that's the reason he qualifies as a Berserker class Servant.

However, it's extremely difficult to control a Servant that is mad enhanced.

Spoiler:
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 17:29   Link #348
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
I've seen pictures. It's not really his style.

Spoiler for for the mention of an unintroduced character's name:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 17:35   Link #349
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
IIRC, it's the Master who chooses to make his Servant a Berserker (if he qualifies, of course).

Heracles became mad twice in his life, so I think that's the reason he qualifies as a Berserker class Servant.
i only remeber him going mad once. When Hera curse him with maddess and he killed his wife and children. So what was the other one?
Old 2006-04-12, 18:44   Link #350
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Odysseus's idea with the trojan horse came form Posident. He was smart but Hercules was smarter.
Odysseus was polymetis Odysseus. Herclues was some big guy <_<
I guess it's a matter of opinion though...Hercules went mad twice, but I can't remember how he went mad the second time. God, this is getting off-topic o.O
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 20:40   Link #351
kamikazex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
I've seen pictures. It's not really his style.

lol i've seen them too..beserker in a dress = wrong
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 20:47   Link #352
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

post deleted
Old 2006-04-13, 04:07   Link #353
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
i only remeber him going mad once. When Hera curse him with maddess and he killed his wife and children. So what was the other one?
IIRC, the second time was when he got Centaur blood on his skin (the Centaur he just killed told Heracles' wife that his blood was some kind of love potion so she took a tunic and spread some of his blood on it). It was so painful that Heracles became kind of mad (though not as mad as he got because of Hera) and throw himself into a fire to shorten his sufferings.

Then he became a god... and was given the Youthfulness Goddess as a wife.
Old 2006-04-13, 06:23   Link #354
Wrath88
Kissing...

Oh yeah, I remember that. Herc went so insane that he grabbed the guy who brought it and..... I can't really recall, did he throw the guy VERY far, or did he rip the guy into pieces?
Old 2006-04-13, 08:56   Link #355
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

The guy was already dying when that happen... just made it go faster. It was a Centaur.

The one who brought the stained tunic was Heracles wife. She wasn't tossed away I believe.
Old 2006-04-13, 09:15   Link #356
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
All the males have done it.
Old 2006-04-13, 12:29   Link #357
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

yea and if we were talking bout who fits into a maid outfit more then its still gotta be Shirou
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 03:02   Link #358
kamikazex

yes new ep today
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 03:07   Link #359
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
yea and if we were talking bout who fits into a maid outfit more then its still gotta be Shirou
How about Archer wearing an apron every time he cleans Rin's house?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 07:42   Link #360
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
How about Archer wearing an apron every time he cleans Rin's house?
The maid outfits we're talking about are a lil' bit more hardcode to the apron.