AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 10 15.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 14.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 28.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 26.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-23, 00:41   Link #21
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Judging from wat i got from manga readers after this arc is over things will pick up again...man i miss L vs Light(evil, the good one sounds like Ricky Martin speaking Japanese...)
Old 2007-02-23, 05:29   Link #22
Jaden

It would be nice to know who the hell L is. I mean really who is he? I'm sure he wasn't born an ultra detective. This episode gives us a pretty good idea of how L gets his money, though (making Yotsuba pay him millions so easily)
Old 2007-02-23, 11:27   Link #23
Meloria

Up until now, every episode of Death Note has been perfectly fine for me. I don't mind the change of mood, and I'm sure it'll get better. This is possibly a calm build up to something big, and I hope so too. I wouldn't know what happens though since I don't read the manga. Managed to get a friend and younger sister into this series as well, don't blame them either.

Quote:
since the Yotsuda guys had so much to hide they should have at least had some decent security and resolve to kill any intruders on the spot, not listen to his explanation and then go party with Misa and some random chicks.
Well, in my opinion this just goes to show the big difference between them and Light and how far they'll actually get with the Death Note. Quite reckless with the lack of security.

Quote:
I didn't say they were allies-- just that they are no longer displaying their intelligence the way they did when they were once sworn enemies, and that the writers seem to have dropped their intelligence as well in the past few episodes.
They way Yotsuba are going with things, there aren't exactly many gaps to fill and find out about things. Like I mentioned above, this again shows the difference between them and Light and L, just like Aohige said, they're unstoppable as a team. Why must two guys overthink things through when they could track some clues down so easily?

L was trying to prove Light was Kira. Light was trying to find a way to kill L without being suspected as Kira. And since both are very intelligent characters, that explains why their face offs were exciting. The reason they "dropped" is possibly because of the above opinion.
Old 2007-02-23, 22:32   Link #24
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Overal episode was preaty good. It was funny how Matsuda was saved. and man that was some risky actions from him.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-02-25 at 20:38.
Old 2007-02-24, 05:37   Link #25
rem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakis View Post
They way Yotsuba are going with things, there aren't exactly many gaps to fill and find out about things. Like I mentioned above, this again shows the difference between them and Light and L, just like Aohige said, they're unstoppable as a team. Why must two guys overthink things through when they could track some clues down so easily?

L was trying to prove Light was Kira. Light was trying to find a way to kill L without being suspected as Kira. And since both are very intelligent characters, that explains why their face offs were exciting. The reason they "dropped" is possibly because of the above opinion.
True, but, again, this whole story arc seems like a huge cop out by the writers. There's no need for there to be a Yotsuba plotline at all, and the oversimplicity of it drags this part of the series down. L and Light seem to be doing relatively little to solve anything, and it seems like the writers must have chosen to dumb down the storyline to make things easier for themselves. This arc is depressingly simplistic, and I'm hoping it's over soon

I just remember sitting watching the bus scenario with my jaw gaping. I was in awe of the amount of imagination, character development and detail work the authors had gone through to make the scene work so beautifully. I sure couldn't imagine such a scenario myself or put myself inside such a brilliant character's mind to come up with something so intricate. That kind of thought and imagination made the first fifteen episodes enthralling. This arc, from its inception, shows none of that kind of imagination or character development. The writers (or authors of the original manga) could have found a way to make the next Kira a worthy successor to Light, but they chose the easy way out instead. Now Death Note seems really typical now, and that makes me I'm hoping the magic comes back in future episodes... **fingers crossed**
Old 2007-02-24, 07:37   Link #26
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Too out of thin air for me.
Old 2007-02-24, 19:08   Link #27
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

It was a pretty good episode. After all, everybody loves Matsuda ^^
Old 2007-02-27, 09:37   Link #28
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisago View Post
It was a pretty good episode. After all, everybody loves Matsuda ^^
leave no man behind *wave American flag*

the rescue mission was fun and straight forward, and the lady thief is very hot and sophisticated ^^
Old 2007-02-28, 13:20   Link #29
Lambda

Definitely below-par at the moment. One genius against another genius is fascinating. Two geniuses against people so incompetent that they don't notice that the one and only person whom an investigator could surmise definitely would be killed by them, whom they suspect of being an investigator themselves, suddenly killing themselves on the very night on which they acquired that status, is in the least bit suspicious? Not so interesting.

Why couldn't they have given L and Light some real opposition?
Old 2007-02-28, 17:59   Link #30
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
You know i really wish Matsuda would have stuck to fetching coffee and yelling Misa Misa at random times. ITs a little too late for him to start to really want to help someone already said this be everyone needs to know their role
Old 2007-02-28, 18:55   Link #31
Trax
Rock beats scissors

That was painful to watch. Matsuda's an idiot. -_-
Old 2007-03-01, 10:14   Link #32
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I like how they managed to turn this Matsuda-centric episode into an entertainingly funny one. With the montage of scenes of him looking like a buffoon at the beginning, followed by his bumbling luck in obtaining the crucial info and coming out alive by faking his death.

As I've read the manga, I already know who the 3rd Kira is. When watching the meetings again, I noticed a trend.

Without revealing who he is, all I can say is that he's the only one who has been actively suggesting getting the people they want dead killed. The other board members were more passive, and simply went along with his suggestions and even made improvements to Kira 3rd's plan without realizing it.
Old 2007-03-02, 18:12   Link #33
Kisuke06
I see...

L's plan of making a fake death was really good. It was a funny episode, focused on Matsuda, but it serious too. Now they know that one of the 8 guys are kira.

And where is Ryuuk? lol
Old 2007-03-02, 20:43   Link #34
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Matsuda

First impressions can be deceiving, as I quickly realized that this episode became very thrilling and a wacky, rollercoaster ride.

Who would have thought that thanks to Matsuda's bad luck, recklessly untiming, and blatant stupid, the whole Kira investigation team sowed a path access to the inner sanctum of the eight heads of the Yotsuba group?

At first I took for granted that since the episode focused only upon Matsuda, the story would have turned generic and nothing out of the extraordinary. I haven't ever read the manga, but I think that the parts that gave Matsuda much coverage (not being involved inside the Yotsuba building) were original material to explore that he is a bumbling sucker with a heart of gold to contribute on anything positive for his team but has outright tendency to commit bigger mistake that mean very bad news.
Spoiler:

I have realized that Misa's voice sounds as squeakily annoying and pampered when there was no excitement, drama, or suspense unfolding at the start of this episode, and instead we were treated with a short and boring sequence of Matsuda's daily life.

The moment that Matsuda was busted full front upon the eight heads I was cursing him at his blatant stupidity and lack of common sense to remain a sitting duck and felt a knife cursing through my stomach.
Certainly, he would have fallen a dead fly but thanks to his quick reflexes to alert L and his managerial skills he barely escaped that tight spot and have fooled the eight bosses, witnessing and confirming his fake death.

Does it means that from now until Kira is caught, Matsuda would have to live forever at the HQ's building and leech off from L's pension plan? *a nice thought to spend your retirement at an early age*
Old 2007-03-03, 10:52   Link #35
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Loved Matsuda's drunk/dying act, I had forgotten about that. He annoys me alot so it was nice to see that happen I still like that L called him an idiot XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-03-03, 17:41   Link #36
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Matsuda finally outgrew his chracter . He was trying to be useful but created trouble than help . Misa Misa isnt dumb as she appears the host club idea was perfect . Matsuda antics on the window were amusing .

The highlight of this ep was L thinking for a moment about wasting Matsuda just to get evidence against Yotsuba corp was priceless . The cake sharing scene was hilarious