AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-26, 22:12   Link #21
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Yea i haven't played GW since summer
Waiting for GW2 or this game
Ya, GW2 and Aion are the games I'm looking forward to as well. I really hope Aion isn't as grind intensive as Lineage 2 though, playing 8 accounts at the same time to hit level cap twice really sucked.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 22:16   Link #22
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I know how you feel

I just really wished they didn't push the GW open beta to 2009 >_>
And I hope the Aion Open beta goes world wide soon so i could deiced weather to buy it or not
Old 2008-10-27, 08:23   Link #23
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

There is no official launch date, but most people guess a NA/EU version of the game will come out around summer 2009.
Old 2009-04-08, 12:38   Link #24
RyviusRan

Aion Online

Anyone try Aion Online yet?

fun game with great graphics.

Maxed settings with Nvidia forced settings.

RyviusRan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 06:23   Link #25
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Though my anticipation downed a bit on this game. Still w8ing for the US/EU open beta. Can't say I'm interested in trying out a MMO where I don't understand other people. :x
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 11:42   Link #26
RyviusRan

Well the game is translated into full english.

There are around 40+ english players on the server I play on.

RyviusRan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 13:53   Link #27
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Lord TomoeGozen looks like a lady to me ^^;

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 15:07   Link #28
Komori
D:

I'm eagerly waiting for my download to finish. I wasn't really expecting a 6gb client, but I suppose it can't be helped. Your screenshots look pretty nice which makes me even more anxious. I'm want to try out the casters, hopefully they're not that bad. Already have the English patch ready so I won't be clueless. 21% left until I can play!

The only thing I'm worried about is the specs required. My computer seems like it would be okay to play it judging by what I can find around the net, but I've yet to see an official system requirements page.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 15:09   Link #29
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

So which server you playing on? Care to provide some info on to how/where to register. :O
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 15:11   Link #30
Komori
D:

I don't know if the mods would appreciate me posting a link to the guide since it does contain some kinda illegal parts to it, but google for "guide for aion china obt", you should see a Windows Live post.
Old 2009-04-09, 18:12   Link #31
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post
I don't know if the mods would appreciate me posting a link to the guide since it does contain some kinda illegal parts to it, but google for "guide for aion china obt", you should see a Windows Live post.
Hehe, speaking of bots for Aion..... Did you know that L2Walker works for Aion with very little modifications? So expect bots and lots of 'em when the game goes live.
Old 2009-04-09, 21:57   Link #32
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

as if such a thing as a mmorpg completely free of bots and goldfarmers actually existed.

Old 2009-04-09, 23:03   Link #33
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
as if such a thing as a mmorpg completely free of bots and goldfarmers actually existed.
True, but when a game first releases, it generally takes a year or so for bot programmers to implement functions to make botting easy. But here we have a program that's been perfected for four years ready to be used on release.
Old 2009-04-10, 07:40   Link #34
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Eh i see ^^; however when someone decides to play a MMORPG should be prepared to face such problems and many others.

As long as someone doesn't have the guts to revolutionize the whole system, you'll find the same old problems in any kind of mmorpg.

Another good example is job imbalance and partying problems. I've read reports of players on the opening beta, they were saying that the healers ended up refusing to party because cures get an incredible amount of hate, so they just keep dying. Then i read of people bitching because the item distribution was unfair. Hopefully this problems were addressed. But seriously forgive my expression but to me it's the same old shit...
Beautiful graphics and wonderful gameplay is not gonna change all that.

Old 2009-04-11, 05:41   Link #35
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Depends on how complex the game mechanics are. Runescape pretty much had bots earlier on, which is all palette based.

This looks fun. But from what I know is that the game will come out for NA/EU in around Fall 2009.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 08:40   Link #36
EoT
~~

Been looking forward to this game since 06. I hope it doesn't let me down because it's probably going to be one of the last online mmorpgs I'll play.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 14:39   Link #37
Xion Valkyrie

For the peeps that are playing it: How is it so far?

Is the combat system pretty much your standard MMORPG click fest or is there anything new implemented?

What about the quest system? Is it just collecting monster drops or did they do something interesting with it?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 21:23   Link #38
Komori
D:

I'm not sure what it's like later in the game (I assume it's similar) but to me it feels a lot like WoW. Not to say that is a bad thing or anything. I haven't had a chance to experience the PvP (level 25 requirement I think it was?) or the flight system (level 10+?). Controls can be done using WASDQE like in WoW or by using the mouse. Hot keys are 1-0 + extra bars available.

The quests from what I've played have been the standard MMO things. "Go speak with this person", "collect x items", "locate x".

Overall it seems pretty solid. I'm looking forward to the NA release which is supposed to be this fall I think.
Old 2009-04-11, 22:07   Link #39
AceD
See You En' Tee

been waiting ALONG time for this game, just made an account and dlin, cant wait to check it out
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 23:05   Link #40
Xion Valkyrie

I have the game up and running.

The only thing I can say about it right now is that it has a nice login screen.

EVERY SINGLE SERVER in every region is "busy". Wait time is about 1.5 hours >.>
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows