AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-06, 02:46   Link #1
saravis

Searching for College Romance

First off I apologize for bringing up another romance thread, but after trying to do a search for what I was looking for and finding eighteen pages of topics I just decided it would be best to just create a topic.

Anyway to get back on topic I'm looking for College/Adult Romance anime geared towards guys. I've seen Ah My Goddess, Ai Yori Aoshi, and Love Hina. Oh yeah and I also saw REC as well. Are there any others?
Old 2009-02-06, 03:29   Link #2
jedinat

Hachimitsu to Clover - it's josei and not all that similar to those you've listed, but it's a good anime that should appeal to both guys and girls
Maison Ikkoku - older, but fits your request
Old 2009-02-06, 12:51   Link #3
saravis

I've seen Honey Clover, but Maison Ikkoku looks interesting. Are there any others? Also, so it doesn't get mentioned, I've seen Nodame Cantabile as well.
Old 2009-02-06, 14:56   Link #4
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Well, there is the recently started White Album which involves college students and idols. Although, so far in four episodes the characters have spent like five minutes in the university itself.

Old 2009-02-06, 15:10   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Romance is not the central focus of Moyashimon, but it's playing out in the background. The story takes place on the campus of an agricultural university near Tokyo.

I'm glad you included that note about Nodame Cantabile; I was surprised it hadn't been mentioned already.
Old 2009-02-06, 15:22   Link #6
saravis

I downloaded the first episode of White Album, but I completely forgot about watching it. How is the romance in it? They don't have to be in College, just college age, in other words not high school. I've yet to watch Moyashimon, but maybe sometime I will. Any others?
Old 2009-02-06, 16:14   Link #7
Navel

Nana, Paradise Kiss (the latter one a bit during high-school, but characters don't act that age).
Old 2009-02-06, 16:17   Link #8
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
There aren't too many anime based in college that I can think of. Nodame Cantabile wouldn't really fit into the category of romance (or male targetted), and I'm not sure what else to recommend that hasn't already been mentioned. Chobits sorta qualifies, I suppose, and Genshiken might work, but it's tricky territory to be delving into. Tricky because there isn't much there.
Old 2009-02-06, 17:38   Link #9
acr429

I doubt you will like nana or paradise kiss, they are nothing like the ones you have mention
try Kimi ga Nozomu Eien I think the first 3 episodes are in high school and the rest are after high school. also is not college related but the characters seem much older.
Old 2009-02-06, 18:36   Link #10
saravis

I didn't think Nana or Paradise Kiss would be what I was looking for being that the protagonists are female. Kimi ga Nozomu is a possibility, but with a tragedy tag, I'm a little uncertain. I tend to dislike tragedy because it usually feels like nothing was accomplished. What was the point of all that time spent, if in the end you're either back to square one or worse? Basilisk is an example of this. That isn't always the case, though.
Old 2009-02-06, 20:27   Link #11
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
I didn't think Nana or Paradise Kiss would be what I was looking for being that the protagonists are female. Kimi ga Nozomu is a possibility, but with a tragedy tag, I'm a little uncertain. I tend to dislike tragedy because it usually feels like nothing was accomplished. What was the point of all that time spent, if in the end you're either back to square one or worse? Basilisk is an example of this. That isn't always the case, though.
Spoiler for Kind of spoilerish for KimoNozo:

I'll second White Album for a series that takes place during college year.
Old 2009-02-06, 23:23   Link #12
Shadow Kira01

There aren't that many...

Canvas 2
Memories Off 3.5
Memories Off #5
White Album
Old 2009-02-07, 12:41   Link #13
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Anyway to get back on topic I'm looking for College/Adult Romance anime geared towards guys.
It's not college but REC is an adult romantic comedy. The series is about a young advertising executive and an aspiring voice actress. A short but very good anime.
Old 2009-02-07, 14:11   Link #14
acr429

do you not like H.S. romance type anime or are you just trying to get away from the immature type that H.S. romance usually brings.
I found that Suzuka althought set in high school was much more mature than love hina.
and also try watching Itazura na Kiss I know the main character is a girl but to be honest this is the next best romance anime I have seen after Suzuka.
Old 2009-02-07, 14:53   Link #15
saravis

I don't dislike High School romance. It has its own charm. It's just not the kind of romance I'm looking for, especially being that they are dime a dozen. I've been in the mood for College or Adult level romance for quite some time, but I've just been unable to find anything.

I'm currently checking out KimiNozo and I've added some of the others to my future watch list. If anyone can think of anything else, please let me know.
Old 2009-02-08, 15:52   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Toradora! is comedy/romance, the element is definitely there though.
Closed Thread