Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2009-12-19, 12:19   Link #1
Anju-chan
Fly!!!
*Author

Can't Upload photos to albums

There's no way for me to upload photos to any of my albums. Like, there's no "upload photo" button anywhere. I haven't had it since a little bit before August. Anyone have a clue as to why and how I can possibly fix it?

Courtesy of ayu-smepai
Anju-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 14:49   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I don't know for sure, but it looks like the album system might have some sort of limit to the amount of photos you can upload. Could you try deleting one of your photos and seeing if it'll let you upload a new one in its place?

One of the admins might be able to figure out what the limit is and whether you've exceeded it, but that's just a guess for now.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 16:17   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I've never used Albums so wouldn't know what to expect when trying to upload an image.

As far as I can see each Album is limited to 60 images but the largest Album of Anju-chan's contains only 34 images.

It seems other users are currently able to upload images, I can't suggest anything myself to help resolve this problem.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 17:39   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Is there a total storage limit in bytes, or a limit on the total number of pictures that may be stored across all albums? When I go to my "Upload Pictures" page I see the number of pictures left in each album, and a maximum file size for the picture. I don't see any global limits, but I'd be surprised if they didn't exist at all. Without such quotas, how would you manage demands for storage space?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 17:47   Link #5
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I haven't uploaded anything in a while, but I too can see the upload pictures links.

Clicking on them takes me to the browse section where you select your images as always.

Are these two buttons the ones you can no longer see Anju-chan?
Old 2009-12-19, 18:12   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Is there a total storage limit in bytes, or a limit on the total number of pictures that may be stored across all albums? When I go to my "Upload Pictures" page I see the number of pictures left in each album, and a maximum file size for the picture. I don't see any global limits, but I'd be surprised if they didn't exist at all. Without such quotas, how would you manage demands for storage space?
I've yet to find any overall storage limits, not that means anything since vB seems to hid most of their settings in the most odd places. All I have found is the "User Profile: Album Options" and the only limit there is the "Maximum Pictures per Album" which is set to 60.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I haven't uploaded anything in a while, but I too can see the upload pictures links.

Clicking on them takes me to the browse section where you select your images as always.

Are these two buttons the ones you can no longer see Anju-chan?
Ah, thank you for providing that.

Edit: Found a setting that may be relevant. "Maximum Total File Size of Album Pictures" is set to 10,000,000 bytes. Maybe that limit has been reached.
Old 2009-12-20, 04:41   Link #7
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Current limits are:

Resolution (per picture): 800x600
File size (per picture): 100,000 bytes
Max. pictures per album per user: 100
Max. total file size: 10,000,000 bytes (roughly 10MB)

Looking at the albums of the OP, I don't think he/she has reached those limits yet though.

Last edited by GHDpro; 2009-12-21 at 05:29.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 04:48   Link #8
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Current limits are:

Resolution (per picture): 800x600
File size (per picture): 100,000 bytes
Max. pictures per album per user: 100
Max. total file size: 10,000,000 bytes (roughly 10MB)

Looking at the albums of the OP, I don't think he/she has reached those limits yet though.
Which is odd since one of the images is 101,114 bytes.

These are from the Usergroup settings, does the "User Profile: Album Options" setting have preference over the "User Album Permissions"?

The "User Profile: Album Options" has "Maximum Pictures per Album" set to 60

Last edited by GHDpro; 2009-12-21 at 05:30.
Old 2009-12-20, 23:38   Link #9
Anju-chan
Fly!!!
*Author

When I go to any album, this is what I see.http://www.magicscreenshot.com/jpg/qz5eS7hKoEA.html
I went to another album that had only 1 pic, and I deleted that picture. Once the pic was deleted, I could see the "upload picture" buttons again. I then went to upload some completely random picture, and this is what I saw:
http://www.magicscreenshot.com/jpg/R2Ddqjza4Es.html
It says that I can only upload 1 picture to that album (and after uploading previously mentioned random pic, the upload buttons disappeared). After that, I deleted all 4 pics that another album had, and the upload button became visible. On the upload page, it was the same as the last time, except it said I could only upload 4 pics- the same as was there before.
Argh- all these numbers and different limits are killing my brain.

Courtesy of ayu-smepai
Old 2009-12-21, 03:00   Link #10
xris
Just call me Ojisan

It appears that you can only have a total of 100 images across all your albums.

Currently you are at 96 images (which is why can can still upload 4 more images). Once you reach 100 images, it appears the Upload Pictures button is no longer available.

The "Max. pictures per album:" setting under "User Profile: Album Options" appears to be a per user limit, not a per album setting as it suggests.

So, the bottom line is that you are limited to 100 images across all your Albums.
Old 2009-12-21, 05:32   Link #11
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Sorry, I should have checked the discription. I've now updated my "limits" list.

For those who wonder: I personally am not keen on increasing the limits as they are now. AnimeSuki isn't an image host.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 19:31   Link #12
Anju-chan
Fly!!!
*Author

Hehe, sorry. Thank you for clearing this up for me!

Courtesy of ayu-smepai