Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-15, 16:26   Link #261
Aiagas
"Excellent cornering!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Activision is actually only the publisher, game is made by eurocom. Before someone crying that Rare should have done the remake for 360, i don't think anyone who was responsible for the n64 games is still with rare. Most are either with Zoonami, Crytek UK or Eurocom.
Eurocom? Isn't that the developers of Cruis'n World on Nintendo 64, and Hydro Thunder on the Sega Dreamcast? Is it the same people?
Aiagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 16:27   Link #262
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Steam and Portal 2 coming to the friggin' PS3. Those two tidbits alone made Sony's conference worthwhile. Also, didn't Gabe Newell and Valve used to hate on Sony's machine?
You're correct. I honestly couldn't stop laughing when he appeared on stage.

"I'd like to thank everyone at Sony for not repeatedly punching me in the face". Best line of the whole conference.

Last edited by Kanon; 2010-06-15 at 16:38.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 16:31   Link #263
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiagas View Post
Eurocom? Isn't that the developers of Cruis'n World on Nintendo 64, and Hydro Thunder on the Sega Dreamcast? Is it the same people?
yeah, particially. They got some extra devs when free radical design got hit by the moneygeddon few years back.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 16:37   Link #264
Renya

Nintendo won this years E3 with ease.
3DS was no match i reckon.
Was happy that golden sun was announced with a trailer as well as the list of companies willing to work on the 3DS.

Heartbroken when Konami released details about the remake of snake eater on the 3DS. Thought it would be something new at least a remake of the original metal gear.

The ps3 event was quite boring to me apart from Gran Turismo and Final Fantasy 14 however the trailer for ff14 was released ages ago with old stuff put with new which was quite disappointing to me. At least they put a real date for Gran Turismo and they will stick to their date this time >.<
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 16:49   Link #265
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despk View Post
Heartbroken when Konami released details about the remake of snake eater on the 3DS. Thought it would be something new at least a remake of the original metal gear.
Hey, most people think Snake Eater is still the best game of the series (not me, I'm quite partial to MGS IV).

Also, call me old, but I just can't feel enthusiastic about the 3DS. It seems so... not exciting at all, I guess. And I still love my ol' and battered DS.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 16:53   Link #266
Renya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Hey, most people think Snake Eater is still the best game of the series (not me, I'm quite partial to MGS IV).

Also, call me old, but I just can't feel enthusiastic about the 3DS. It seems so... not exciting at all, I guess. And I still love my ol' and battered DS.
Hehe i still have my battered giant brick DS, was gonna get the new super large DS but the day after they announced the N3DS lol. Kinda glad i think.

To me snake eater has the best storyline to me but gameplay MGS4 wins it. Note its my opinon lol i don't wanna get flamed by people >.<
Old 2010-06-15, 16:58   Link #267
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

No problem. We can be flamed together, as I quite agree with your opinion. Nevertheless, I still prefer MGS IV for... I dunno... the closure thing.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 17:06   Link #268
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , "Remake" game is pretty common for Nintendo so i'm not surprised .

3DS charac :

"NINTENDO 3DS FEATURES:

Size (when closed):
Approximately 5.3 inches wide, 2.9 inches long, 0.8 inches tall.
Weight:
Approximately 8 ounces.
Look:
Final design is TBA.
Top Screen:
3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses; with 800x240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing).
Touch Screen:
3.02-inch LCD with 320x240 pixel resolution with a touch screen.
Cameras:
One inner camera and two outer cameras with 640x480 (0.3 Mega) pixel resolution.
Pre-Installed Software:
TBA
Nintendo 3DS Game Card:
2 GB Max. at launch.
Wireless Communication:
Can communicate in the 2.4 GHz band. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems can connect via a local wireless connection to let users communicate or enjoy competitive game play. Systems also can connect to LAN access points to access the Internet and allow people to enjoy games with others. Will support IEEE 802.11 with enhanced security (WPA/WPA2). Nintendo 3DS hardware is designed so that even when not in use, it can automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS systems or receive data via the Internet while in sleep mode.

Game Controls:
Touch screen, embedded microphone, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R buttons, Start and Select buttons, "Slide Pad" that allows 360-degree analog input, one inner camera, two outer cameras, motion sensor and a gyro sensor.

Other Input Controls:
3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off completely depending on the preference of the user), Home button to call system function, Wireless switch to turn off wireless communications (even during game play), Power button. The telescoping stylus is approximately 4 inches when fully extended.

Input/Output:
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.

Sound:
Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen.

Battery:
Lithium ion battery details TBA.

Languages:
TBA

Parental Controls:
Parental controls similar to the Nintendo DSi system will be included
."

So Graphic is like Nintendo 64 - Gamecube - even PS2 ?

Now show us the price , DS and DSI = 129,99 - 169,99$ .
3DS = 199,99$ ? I'll say more ...

So , Donkey Kong is back and the game looks interesting , i didn't play Donkey Kong series since the Game Boy lol

I agree for Kirby, it looks like Paper Mario , cool stuff .

Finally , the long await , GOLDEN SUN As usual , i love the summons .

Kid Icarus , why not .

I'm very surprised that they add "Saint Row" lol after GTA ChinaTown , Nintendo is going for 18+
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 17:07   Link #269
Renya

found this on one of kotaku's N3DS topics in comments.
A list of games that might/will be featured on the 3ds when it comes out.

Edit: can't seem to get a bigger clear img so i'll link to the topic, just scroll down and you will see it. Theres 2 parts i've only tried to post the 1st part but failed lol >.<

http://kotaku.com/5563466/the-ninten...finitive-guide
Old 2010-06-15, 17:27   Link #270
Sides

I was distracted by nintendo's announcements, that i only just noticed now that Xenoblade, Last Story and other titles were missing. I hope they do still get announced later on, aka make it overseas.
Old 2010-06-15, 17:35   Link #271
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

NDS - Golden Sun : Dark Dawn Trailer

PSP - GoW : Ghost of Sparta

PS3/360 - Rayman is back :

PC/PS3/360 - I'm Alive

Damn about time this game show us something (2 years)

PC/360 - XCOM (2K games)

Alien Oil disaster

PC/PS3/360 - Portal 2

Old 2010-06-15, 19:40   Link #272
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'm alive looks like its gonna be about the struggle of humans after a huge disaster.

what channel is E3 gonna be on?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! *fans face* TWISTED METAL RETURNS!
Old 2010-06-15, 19:50   Link #273
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiagas View Post
well I know all of you are younger than me, this is coming out from an 18 year old.
Actually, just looking at the ages of people who posted on this page, its seems that you are one of the youngest people here. I know you are younger than me, but this is coming from a 20 year old, 3DS is awesome, now I don't have to carry around my laptop if I want to play OoT at school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post

what channel is E3 gonna be on?
Its on G4, I'm not sure if any other channel is broadcasting it.
Old 2010-06-15, 20:40   Link #274
Sciel
Etoilé

Meh, the Sony conference wasn't that great this year. WAY too much talking about "content" , "value", "best experience" etc and in general praising their products at every opportunity. Nintendo easily had the best E3 presser by far, straight up games and not bullshit at every oppurtunity (and i don't even like most of nintendo's franchises!) .

+3rd birthday trailer/gameplay (YES!)
+GT5 release date
+Kevin Butler
-Move's price. Certainly isn't the cheapest for someone who wants the Sub-controller,the camera and the main controller itself (ie one complete set). Should have had another bundle with a sub-controller included instead of whatever game the 99.99 bundle had.
-The pacing of the conference was TERRIBLE.

As for the 3DS, i think most people are jumping the gun a little too soon. I like (persona ;o it so far but am not yet convinced about its supposed graphical prowess. The images on their site look good but i would reserve judgement until the games are actually running on the system . Secondly, i am concerned and hopeful that the battery life won't be shitty (see PSP == as a compromise . Would be awesome if they could keep it at the levels of the DS/and its variants.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 20:52   Link #275
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

You forgot...

+ EFFIN' TWISTED METAL! The way they presented it was kickass to boot.

That and Portal 2 really made the Sony presser worthwhile. Still doesn't hold a candle to Nintendo's day, but not nearly as dull as Microsoft's.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 23:04   Link #276
james0246

So, anything new from Insomniac Games after their late May report? I expected they would take a year off (in order to start up their new franchise), but is there any word on anything from them in this years E3?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 23:26   Link #277
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Finally Twisted Metal returns. It's about time; it has long been one of my favorite game series.

They had the best presentation, what with that kick ass sweet tooth truck rolling out onto the stage and the music playing gave me nostalgic chills.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 02:58   Link #278
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well im not convinced either , wait more info and specialy the 3d effect , the price too. There is
2days left so for the others games like last guardian etc... You can hope for more info .
Old 2010-06-16, 03:02   Link #279
Gordy Lechance

Since duplicate threads tend to get you strikes with the moderators, and yet this machine:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...p-is-finished/ (Link NOT SAFE FOR WORK)

is just too darned awesome to not deserve its own thread.

So:

Requesting permission for the creation of a thread for the further discussion of the upcoming Nintendo 3DS machine, just announced at E3 yesterday.
Old 2010-06-16, 03:06   Link #280
Sides

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Ocarina of Time 3D, nice one.
Not sure what to think about Goldeneye remake, since it has regenerative health, makes it kind of wimpy, takes off the edge.