Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-08-02, 10:57   Link #12221
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I wonder if the voice actors will be the same (and if they will sound the same/similar).
I'll be interested to see how the Japanese cast sounds after all this time too. For the English dub, the SEED and Destiny HD Remaster collections were released in 2021, both featuring new dubs by NYAV Post. So it will almost certainly be that cast in the movie and not the Ocean dub from 20 years ago. I've watched both SEED and Destiny with the new dub and I actually think it's way better than the Ocean dub in my opinion. There are a lot of comments various places online from people ripping the new dub, but I think most of these commenters didn't watch more than few episodes of SEED and quit after being upset that it wasn't the Ocean dub cast returning.

They do change how Lacus's name is pronounced, from "Lack-iss" in the Ocean dub to "Luh-coose" in the new dub. Some people find that jarring. I've gotten used to it after doing a rewatch of the SEED dub recently. I do think "Luh-coose" is closer to how you would say the romanized Japanese "Rakusu" in English and I certainly don't fault Ocean for going another way with the pronunciation since a lot of the SEED names are very weird.

It's available on Crunchyroll if you want to check it out.
Old 2023-08-07, 06:38   Link #12222
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The only weird thing I noticed from the teaser is that the website Siliconera translated the line "the themes of freedom versus destiny will be explored"

The whole freedom vs destiny themes were already discussed in the previous show during the whole Kira vs Durandal climax. Durandal wanted to create a utopia where everybody will be controlled by the system to have a healthy life. Kira was against this since he said everybody was already special and should keep their normal lives. Kinda like the Psycho-Pass series.
Old 2023-08-07, 08:31   Link #12223
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Durandal wanted to create a utopia where everybody will be controlled by the system to have a healthy life. Kira was against this since he said everybody was already special and should keep their normal lives. Kinda like the Psycho-Pass series.
Durandal wanted to create a dystopia, not utopia. He wanted people to obey their "innate roles in life" (aka. Destiny) that will be decided via his system. That role also include occupations. So...what if the system decides that your only aptitude is to become a janitor and you will forever be a janitor without being allowed to expand or improve yourself to take other/better roles? F*** that shit. Kira was right by me in opposing Durandal's Destiny Plan. I don't wanna live in such society.
Old 2023-08-07, 15:11   Link #12224
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Hmm...what will Kira do I wonder? 🤔
Old 2023-08-07, 15:24   Link #12225
eilegz

oh lord, You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain.
eilegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-07, 15:54   Link #12226
n0m@n
C-Z

Now Kira's nickname will be "Lucifer" from now on if he turns out to be the villain lol.

Also the official site is updated too.
You can check out the character design.
https://www.gundam-seed.net/freedom/character/

Last edited by n0m@n; 2023-08-07 at 16:10.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-07, 16:26   Link #12227
Frontier

I love how they brought back Houko Kuwashima as yet another character .

What is with the lips on some of the female characters ?
Old 2023-08-07, 16:32   Link #12228
kuroyanagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Now Kira's nickname will be "Lucifer" from now on if he turns out to be the villain lol.

Also the official site is updated too.
You can check out the character design.
https://www.gundam-seed.net/freedom/character/
Wait, Cagalli's VA was changed to Mori Nanako? Why? When did this happen?

EDIT: okay, there was an official statement... That says nothing much really. Shindo stepped down as a result of "extended discussion between stakeholders".
Sad to hear that, I was used to her as Cagalli. Mori will no doubt do a great job as well, she's well suited to play roles like these.

Last edited by kuroyanagi; 2023-08-07 at 18:11. Reason: Additional info
kuroyanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-07, 18:40   Link #12229
justavisitor

nah Kira is probably on a suicidal mission so everyone tries to stop him XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-07, 18:53   Link #12230
Random14

Its nice to see more of the old cast back, but now that we can see more characters, the art style is looking worse. Its not like the old TV designs were perfect but this feels like a downgrade.

At least Cagalli wasn't written out of the movie. So sounds like Destiny's plot will still be part of the movie, wasn't sure if they would keep it after how badly that series ended.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-07, 21:52   Link #12231
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ugh... I cannot say I'm a fan of Hisashi Hirai's char design. It has sucked ever since the first SEED. I've only liked it in Infinite Ryvius, that being his most balanced design style. It has not aged well since then at all.

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-07, 22:18   Link #12232
Key Board
Carbon

Naomi Shindo being replaced proves a decade long theory that yes, there was a lot of production drama between her and Fukuda

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-07, 23:15   Link #12233
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
nah Kira is probably on a suicidal mission so everyone tries to stop him XD
I think it's either this or Kira gets brainwashed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Its nice to see more of the old cast back, but now that we can see more characters, the art style is looking worse. Its not like the old TV designs were perfect but this feels like a downgrade.

At least Cagalli wasn't written out of the movie. So sounds like Destiny's plot will still be part of the movie, wasn't sure if they would keep it after how badly that series ended.
The female cast is getting hit hard.
Old 2023-08-08, 02:46   Link #12234
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Let me preface things by saying. Welcome back, guys.

Fukuda doesn't have the balls to completely make Kira the antagonist. The red eyes are pointing towards some kind of brainwashing, as to how, That I think is the bigger question.
Old 2023-08-08, 04:26   Link #12235
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Let me preface things by saying. Welcome back, guys.

Fukuda doesn't have the balls to completely make Kira the antagonist. The red eyes are pointing towards some kind of brainwashing, as to how, That I think is the bigger question.
Welcome back to you too.

Still, Kira suddenly being a villain would be very OOC anyway. So if that doesn't happen then good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I haven't watched any anime in at least six years, but I hope I can watch this if it ever gets an English release.

I wonder if the voice actors will be the same (and if they will sound the same/similar). I can't believe it's been almost 20 years. Seeing this forum still up brings back some memories and also a pleasant surprise at where I find myself at this present stage of my life.
Oh shit, monster! You're back too?
Old 2023-08-08, 06:41   Link #12236
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The new teaser sure feels forced to portray Kira like that after so many episodes of Destiny where Kira made alliances with so many characters. Almost like the Char Aznable from Counterattack but without a motive or Kira going full Durandal despite him being the opposite of the guy. Maybe those old interviews about the movie's planning are staying true and we might be actually seeing the idea of the others clones the director wanted to put. Still Hirai's designs feel weirder than usual. The ones from the final movie updated the Zaft uniform already but without making them look weird. It's giving me some Gun x Sword memories
Old 2023-08-08, 09:11   Link #12237
larethian

Tanaka Rie playing a lot of slutty roles in recent years, in both gacha games and anime. So nice to hear her Lacus again. I think I'm going to set my expectations real low. I wonder why they bother making a continuation in the first place.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-08, 09:37   Link #12238
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I wonder why they bother making a continuation in the first place.
Fukuda trying to realize his late wife (Morosawa's) wish of continuing SEED/Destiny with a movie.
Also, Bandai want that sweet money from new SEED kits
Old 2023-08-08, 14:30   Link #12239
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Alright, we all ready for the return of the infamous Kira scream?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-08, 19:08   Link #12240
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Ugh... I cannot say I'm a fan of Hisashi Hirai's char design. It has sucked ever since the first SEED. I've only liked it in Infinite Ryvius, that being his most balanced design style. It has not aged well since then at all.
Watching that teaser, my first reaction is, "Wait... did they always look like that?"

The lips are maybe the most randomly-WTF-inducing feature.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep