AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 21:42   Link #7701
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Fixing/editing file names and folders, etc. etc. for my mods, so I prolly won't log in today.
Old 2013-06-26, 22:33   Link #7702
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Anyway, still on the East Coast server? Because at the West Coast it's really been crappy overall. The low population count has REALLY caused problems with regards to team quality (see my 10-game slump this morning).
For me it provides more opportunities to let loose. I've been able to get more kills.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 22:36   Link #7703
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Getting kills is one thing, but support is almost nonexistent at times, and a lot of my tanks simply can't carry a team consistently. And I want to hit 54.5 sooner, not later. ^^;
Old 2013-06-26, 22:39   Link #7704
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Getting kills is one thing, but support is almost nonexistent at times, and a lot of my tanks simply can't carry a team consistently. And I want to hit 54.5 sooner, not later. ^^;
I'm slowly moving towards 51% and also raising my efficiency. I'm basically climbing to the top on the wrecks of my team mates.
Old 2013-06-26, 23:29   Link #7705
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm slowly moving towards 51% and also raising my efficiency. I'm basically climbing to the top on the wrecks of my team mates.
The best way to raise winrate is platooning. The best I could do solopubbing is hovering around 50% because sometimes it's just way too hard to carry if you're alone. I went from 48% to 53% fairly quickly after I started platooning a lot.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 23:31   Link #7706
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

looks like i'll be getting rid of my VC tankmen or renaming them to something else to put in GUP tankmen... i'll prolly won't be on till tomorrow night or Friday. Trying to fix some GUP mods, for some reason the load screen before login doesn't show the logo anymore.
Old 2013-06-26, 23:49   Link #7707
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Trying to fix some GUP mods, for some reason the load screen before login doesn't show the logo anymore.
Known issue. Evidently the .swf was altered slightly and thus... we wait for people to look into it.

The T29 has been sorted out though.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 23:59   Link #7708
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
The best way to raise winrate is platooning. The best I could do solopubbing is hovering around 50% because sometimes it's just way too hard to carry if you're alone. I went from 48% to 53% fairly quickly after I started platooning a lot.
For average players, this is indeed the best way to increase your total or vehicle winrate. Frankly, there's very little you can do on your own, particularly if your team was hit by the stupid bat. With two other good players though, there WILL be a better chance to finish a match with a win.
Old 2013-06-27, 00:08   Link #7709
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I find that platooning almost always caused my win rate to crash. Only exception is Tiger II platoons with Wil.
Old 2013-06-27, 00:09   Link #7710
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
For average players, this is indeed the best way to increase your total or vehicle winrate. Frankly, there's very little you can do on your own, particularly if your team was hit by the stupid bat. With two other good players though, there WILL be a better chance to finish a match with a win.
I don't necessarily need two two other good players. Anyone I know will do.

This may sound a bit unlikely, but a lot of the players don't read English at all and they have no idea what's going on. So if someone looks like he's really refusing to do what you ask of him, chances are he could not read what you said. Most of the "baddies" that the entire team rages at when they lose close games are those who are completely silent.

Therefore, even if my platoonmate is someone the elitists would consider a "baddie", I'd rather have her than solo because we can still communicate and she'll try her best to help me out, albeit only to the extent of her actual skill level.

Quote:
I find that platooning almost always caused my win rate to crash. Only exception is Tiger II platoons with Wil.
Didn't we have a tier 5 win streak last time we played?
Old 2013-06-27, 00:15   Link #7711
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Are you sure it's not a problem you instead? Because I've found that everytime I platooned with players of equal or better skill, my win rate actually jumps several decimal places, and I always end the day on a positive note with regards to matches. It takes a specific mindset to platoon, and there's very little margin for stupidity, ESPECIALLY if you're only one of the few bouying the team up.

This is what I've found when playing with Kimi and Sahin. And before you say that I'm being bouyed up by my teammates, there are times where either I save the game, or Kimi does, or Sahin does. If all three of us are alive, the chances to win still remain significant. Likewise if ANY of us dies early, the burden to win skyrockets dramatically.
Old 2013-06-27, 00:19   Link #7712
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
It takes a specific mindset to platoon
Very true. I would not behave the same way in a platoon as I do in solopub. I can get away with doing things that require support from my teammates when I platoon. In pubs, I kinda have to be conservative and save my HP for later without taking any risks at all, which would be a detrimental thing to do if you're platooning.
Old 2013-06-27, 00:28   Link #7713
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Well that, and if I don't play conservatively (because of the aforementioned fact that USUALLY we're the only team members with positive scores) Kimi usually gives me an earful. Every gun still in the game counts, yes, but every GOOD gun holds far more weight than a gun that can't even figure out where to aim at...
Old 2013-06-27, 00:31   Link #7714
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I decided to stick with the M4 Sherman alone for tier 5 HE derping. I bought a Panzer III/IV and retrained my Panzer IV's crew for it. The same crew will be used for the second German medium line all the way up to the Leopard 1 some time in the distant(?) future.

Quote:
Well that, and if I don't play conservatively (because of the aforementioned fact that USUALLY we're the only team members with positive scores) Kimi usually gives me an earful.
Maybe Kimidori should take a field commander role in MUP.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 00:36   Link #7715
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Didn't we have a tier 5 win streak last time we played?
Oh yes, that was a fun session. If you play on West, we might have even more fun ones, since I'm now truly murderous with StuG III mit L/70.
Old 2013-06-27, 01:14   Link #7716
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Oh yes, that was a fun session. If you play on West, we might have even more fun ones, since I'm now truly murderous with StuG III mit L/70.
I play on servers where the platoonmates ask me to
And West would be preferred because I'm on west coast and the ping is much less.
Sold my derping M4 though, but I have T-25 that I can use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I decided to stick with the M4 Sherman alone for tier 5 HE derping. I bought a Panzer III/IV and retrained my Panzer IV's crew for it. The same crew will be used for the second German medium line all the way up to the Leopard 1 some time in the distant(?) future.
I always wonder if I'm missing out a lot by not playing Panzer III/IV. I just unlocked the Indien Panzer, but I got to the DB when it was a bridge tank between Tiger and Panther lines so I never got to play the III/IV. I could get it just for the sake of getting it, but there's really no incentive because I already have the tanks it leads to

Last edited by Achiuakuna; 2013-06-27 at 01:25.
Old 2013-06-27, 01:39   Link #7717
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Said aftermath of the B1 session in question. 7 kills, Steel Wall, Ace Tanker. However low spotting damage ensures that despite the fact that I had THE most damage done in the match, my exp would remain low.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-27, 05:09   Link #7718
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

For me platooning or not doesn't matter I can player like I usually do and still end up with a few good games. I would charge and take some dmg only if we will win in the end. I think I might end up selling my artys cuz of the new patch.
Old 2013-06-27, 07:27   Link #7719
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

The 3/4 is a good tier 5, mine is a perma adition to my garage: ungodly speed for a medium, fast reload, angled troll armor (can bounce some frontal shots) and it can be a good counter scout (specially is an ELC killer). The downside is the relative thin armor at the sides/back since a well placed derp can easily oneshot you.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 07:56   Link #7720
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Well its a good thing derp flingers at tier 5 have suddenly gotten uncommon! In our time this afternoon, I think we only ran into M4 derpers one out of 25 games.

And yes, now that we're back to using the 76mms again, we're actually gaining cash rather than hemmoraging it. ^^

Oh, and for every bad night, you then have games like THESE:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And this is on the 76mm, by the way. ^^;

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-06-27 at 09:10.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks