AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-23, 01:11   Link #7421
Gore17

Godou usurps a Authority from Hebe or Išunn?

Alternatively, something similar to Cage of Dead Servants, but with those who have sworn eternal loyalty to Godou, so that no matter what happens to them, they will serve him until his last breath.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 01:25   Link #7422
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Yeah, although the remaining problem is Godou's attitude toward the idea of being married to 4 girls ( 5 if we include Hikari, as well).

Of course, Godou's "defense mechanism" is already showing some cracks, but it's still going to take some time, before it's fully broken.

Another potential issue that might arise in the main girls relationship with Godou, is the disproportion between the girls lifespan and Godou's.

I mean, since Godou is a Campione, he can easily reach the age of then 200 years, while the girls, due to their magic origins can probably live for a longer period then a normal human, their lifespan to be as high as a Campione's.

So, unless this matter is resolved, in some way (maybe a side effect of the youth form), sine otherwise the culmination of Erica's, Liliana's, Yut's and Ena's relationship with Godou, would have a little bit of a bittersweet felling.
Every time the fool worries over them you can see his defense mechanism fall apart completely. The issue with the lifespan can be ressovel with a evolved form of the Youth incarnation or even mix it Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi. As Gore-san said, maybe the Authority of a God related to youth, fertility or like might do the trick.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 02:18   Link #7423
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
Godou usurps a Authority from Hebe or Išunn?

Alternatively, something similar to Cage of Dead Servants, but with those who have sworn eternal loyalty to Godou, so that no matter what happens to them, they will serve him until his last breath.
can you elaborate,please,i don't understand?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 02:27   Link #7424
J4n1

Youth form did ask for an oath of servitude/loyalty that surpasses death (or something like that), so maybe the girls may die, but hang around as spirits that can take corporeal form.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 02:28   Link #7425
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
can you elaborate,please,i don't understand?
I think he means an authority that will tie the life of the person that the spell was cast on, to the life of the caster.

In other words, as long as the caster lives, people that have been put under the control of this authority will live as well, basically making them immortal.

@J4n1

I doubt that something like that is going to happen, since you can't enjoy life and all the funny things that come from being in a romantic relationship, if you are just a spirit, even if you have a corporeal form.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 04:58   Link #7426
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
@J4n1

I doubt that something like that is going to happen, since you can't enjoy life and all the funny things that come from being in a romantic relationship, if you are just a spirit, even if you have a corporeal form.
Says who?
Why would a pure spirit be unable to enjoy from romantic relationship?

Basically, we don't know enough of how spirits work to just say something would not work.
Not saying this is likely to happen, but it is one possible way to solve this issue (if the author even touches it) with already existing powers, and does not require any new authorities, spells or magic items.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 05:07   Link #7427
Kadi
知識の探求者

The main problem I see with "preserving spirits" is... it doesn't feel Youth-ish at all. It's more like necromancy. Why not use the Youth incarnation to be bestow youth on them and be done with it? Yuri's weakening body would be a good reason for Youth to develop in such a direction, buffing with a lasting effect, too...
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 05:40   Link #7428
Chris38

First part of chapter 6 is out.

Looks like things didn't go as Godou planed ... in fact he fell into a trap.

Well, it would be interesting to see, how he gets out of this situation.
Old 2013-06-23, 05:48   Link #7429
alviam099

Interesting, I was expecting about days from now since zzhk is alternating between series when he's translating.

Thank you by the way.

12 Women? That's some deep shit, Do god-slayers womanizers have some kind of long staying power? Damn.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 05:52   Link #7430
bludvein

Uldin had some lines that were pretty damn funny, but that was cheap there at the end. So much for hospitality. Even Voban had more class.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 06:15   Link #7431
Gore17

I believe that in most culture's, proper hospitality was divinely mandated. So it makes sense that a devil-king would break it.

But yeah, poor taste man. Poor taste.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 06:16   Link #7432
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Uldin had some lines that were pretty damn funny, but that was cheap there at the end. So much for hospitality. Even Voban had more class.
Well, Uldin is a Campione from the past era, and ... as this chapter has proven, he is not as civil as the modern era godslayers.

Anyway, judging from the remaining pictures of volume 14, I think that Aisha is going to be the one, who will rescue Godou, Ena and Erica ... and that we will either have a sword forging or youth moment (considering Godou's expression, I'm more leaning toward the later option), before the concluding fight between Godou and Uldin is going to take place.
Old 2013-06-23, 06:32   Link #7433
alviam099

There's probably a Youth moment going on here, if you look closely, Ena and Erica are holding Godou's hand if you look carefully, it was quite amazing, you don't see Godou's arm at all, which means that it's currently being sandwiched by the girl's navels or hips.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 07:21   Link #7434
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Oh, my goodness.

Godou is in the mercy of Clotilde...... um, with her razor! (infused with divine power)

Uldin is pretty cautious man, indeed. To be able to come up with a plan in case their conversation went into a wrong direction.

I'm surprised that Erica and Ena were caught by his wives, 2 of the 12 wives of Uldin. His taste is not limited to beauty but with talent and skills.

That was a good move, Uldin.

But don't worry, Madame Aisha is on her way. And she's ready to bare her fangs out.

Spoiler for Madam Aisha's battle stance:
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 07:36   Link #7435
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Oh, my goodness.

Godou is in the mercy of Clotilde...... um, with her razor! (infused with divine power)

Uldin is pretty cautious man, indeed. To be able to come up with a plan in case their conversation went into a wrong direction.

I'm surprised that Erica and Ena were caught by his wives, 2 of the 12 wives of Uldin. His taste is not limited to beauty but with talent and skills.

But don't worry, Madame Aisha is on her way. And she's ready to bare her fangs out.

that was quite a sight of Aisha
Old 2013-06-23, 08:21   Link #7436
OverNOut
The Obsever

Didn't expect that kind of offer from Uldin. I thought he was gonna request for a duel with Godou to see who has the right to conquer the area.

I wonder what would happen if Doni meet Uldin first instead of Godou. Would they hit it off, start a duel immediately, or Uldin will also consider Doni an idiot and just try to ignore him.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 08:38   Link #7437
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Oh, my goodness.

It is not a surprise to see both Erica and Ena lose. Because most elite from the past trumps elite from the modern era because of experience. Do you really think having a knife of divine power be enough to silence Godou.
Old 2013-06-23, 08:42   Link #7438
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
It is not a surprise to see both Erica and Ena lose. Because most elite from the past trumps elite from the modern era because of experience. Do you really think having a knife of divine power be enough to silence Godou.
I think it is because the Divine Beasts they got caught so quickly. Considering that Godou did not feel the presence of Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi, it seems like both Ena and Erica did not go full out. Divine Possession is something he would definitely feel.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 08:44   Link #7439
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I think it is because the Divine Beast they got caught so quickly. Considering that Godou did not feel the presence of Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi, it seems like both Ena and Erica did not go full out. Divine Possession is something he would definitely feel.
I think they did go all out without revealing their trump cards and lost. That is why they have that kind of expression.
Old 2013-06-23, 08:50   Link #7440
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I think they did go all out without revealing their trump cards and lost. That is why they have that kind of expression.
Well I consider full out as in full out, everything is laid on the table. We learn from experience that Divine Beasts can overwhelmed Erica and Ena even at full power so even if they did go full out, they are at the disadvantage of the wives since they can surprise both Ena and Erica while they deal with the Divine Beasts. Though these Dragons seems very weak compared to the Circe's Divine Beasts and Sun Wukong's Giant Apes.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem