AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2011-12-23, 13:32   Link #101
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished episode 8 of C3, and i didn't understand a fuck out of it. I actually think i haven't understood a shit of this anime at all. It's all so weird and random. This anime somehow reminds me of an old horror movie, called Hellraiser, with a sort of Pinhead that tortured people with mad torture tools and chambers. If this anime always played around those lines, with mad characters doing even madder things to each other, amen, but what screws me is that the anime alternates scenes of pure violence and mad torture with random funny moments. It's not that i do not accept one or the other, but i just find out of place to put in such funny scenes that only belong to comedy/romance animes, together with gruesome arms ripping and blades popping out of bodies. Plus, the story somehow reminds me of Bakemonogatari. There are many things that just recall bakemo, such as those "different-coloured" scenes, different shots, coupled with psycological stuff and some sexy girl with mad brain, all this in a bloody and weird background. I'm not getting the message of this mad author, so i'm gonna stop.

Tonight i'll start Maken-ki

EDIT
Started Maken-ki, and it really reminds me of Sekirei. Many broad breasts, cute girls but, what up with those horrible censores? I mean, it's not like i die if i don't see them, but i don't get the meaning of censores on swimming swits and neither on pants shots. Perhaps, is out there any uncensored version of this anime, or is it just like this? If so, it's a waste. Anyways, i'm enjoying it, thank you for suggesting this title.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-23 at 16:37.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 18:19   Link #102
Undertaker

The Japanese TV, like U.S., prohibits showing of nipples or explicit sexual shot (ie panties, and crouches). So while they are on TV there are usually heavy censors and it's up to the anime staff to make it look natural or not. You have to wait until DVD/BD releases (or rips) to see the whole thing. You can find it on net once everything is released or purchase them if they comes to stateside.

As for El-Hazard, I'm assuming the synopsis you read was for The Alternative World, if that's the case don't worry about it, the marriage was between 2 supporting characters not the main characters.

Just keep in mind that there are 2 continuities in that series. One for OVAs (2 series + a 1-cour TV series).

This one starts with 7 episode OVA subtitled, The Magnificent World, followed by 4-episode in The Magnificent World 2 and finally the 1-cour (12 episode) TV series subtitled The Alternative World.

The other Continuity is the 26 episode TV series dubbed The Wanderers. Overall, the OVA story is better, but Wanderers is more lighthearted and not as rushed story-wise. Each have it's own strength and weaknesses that you should enjoy and both should have Zeor no Tsukaima feel to it, heck this and Magic Knight Rayearth are the first 2 real classic of alternate reality-traveler genre.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-12-23 at 18:36.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 18:29   Link #103
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Oh, than that's fine. I shall pick it up after i finish Maken-ki. Would you mind telling me the correct order of the series? I mean, i usually prefer kinda medium/long series rather than 5-6 episodes, so i would be pleased if you named the first and second season of this anime, which is made of 20+ episodes and such. Also, i'd like a clarification: what's the difference between the OVA and the TV series? Are they not linked? Are they parallel stories with different time continumm? Which do you suggest to watch first, without getting spoiled much of the other one? Sorry for being silly, but since i'm going to embrace a kinda long series i would want to know exactly what when why how i got to watch it. Thank you again.
Old 2011-12-23, 18:47   Link #104
Undertaker

No problem, you replied while I was editing so just check the previous post for series order.

Personally I find The Alternative World to be a bit pointless and was created to cash in on the fact the TMW and Wanderers where both extremely popular at time, but since it's a direct sequel to TMW, it is still worth a look.

BTW, while looking through other suggestion thread, have you checked out Air Gear, Tenjou Tenge, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi? All three should appeal to you despite the focus on action. They are basically Ben-to with more relationship description.
Old 2011-12-23, 19:27   Link #105
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Tenjou Tenge inspires me for other reasons; it somehow reminds me of Yu Yu Hakusho, from the screenshots, plus it got tits, so it should be totally fine. I'll definitely give it a go.

HSDK seems to be more fighting/combat oriented; i had already looked up it, but it didn't convince me much

I had skipped Air gear because i totally didn't like the skating thingie (or those futuristic rollerblades whatever they are). I actually never tried it because of prejudice, so i might still try it out, since i remember i had skipped good titles by prejudice already.

Taking into account the lenght of El Hazard, i might watch the short titles before it.

Anyways, just so you know: i came to prefer romances where there actually is an end, or where the two lovers actually kiss each other or do other stuff (See ZnT). I came to get disappointed by animes that looked good, but where the lovers ended up being some middle-school-minded cretins who couldn't go even near a stupid kiss. This is also the reason why i loved Kissxsis: there was much "love" exchanging haha.
Old 2011-12-23, 19:59   Link #106
Elegance

Actually people say that there needs to be more action then ecchi. People even say the too much ecchi ruins it.
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 20:07   Link #107
shadow_user1

full metal panic- very funny with action ecchi and a good plot with the first and third season but the second season is randomly funny and can be watched without watching the first season kinda

to love ru- a harem with a lot of comedy and romance and is one of those harem anime that you cant figure out who he will choose in the end

kiss x sis- no other harem anime gets ecchier than this and i mean its so ecchi if it went one more step up it would be hentai but is pretty good despite the ecchiness

b gata h kei- the second ecchiest anime behind kiss x sis because the whole story is pretty much about sex but i have to take points of for it because it starts to get on your nerves if you hope for the best or a good ending
shadow_user1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 20:29   Link #108
Elegance

Well Kiss X Sis is his favorite.
Full Metal Panic- he skipped it
To Love Ru- he gave 9.5
B Gata h Kei he checked it b4 and discarded it.
Old 2011-12-23, 20:56   Link #109
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

If you bothered reading the very first post, you'd have noticed that i had already checked those titles. Btw, i watched FMP: fumoffu.

Anyways, finished Maken-ki and i was rather disappointed; it had like no plot, loaded with censored ecchiness, and many blank spots left on air. Many characters not developed, romance under the wheel, story seriously rushed during the last episode. I'd put it on par with R+V. No, actually i'll rate it a 0.1 more because it had better graphic.

Btw, fuck with the order, i'll give priority to El Hazard; i just would like to know if i have to start with Wanderers or The magnificient world. What do you suggest?
Old 2011-12-23, 21:36   Link #110
Undertaker

Go with The Magnificient World first, it offers something a bit different from what you've watched concept wise and it is heavier on the romance plot. The Wonderers also have romance polt but it was more of harem type like To Love and ZnT where there is a main girl but other girl might have a faint, slight shot type of deal.

HSDK does have a lot of fighting but it's no more than what Ben-to or Tenjou Tenge has, besides the central plot was romance based in that the main character is trying to impress the main girl and what to grow stronger so he can be worthy. Give it a shot and you might like.

I remember what you said about Air Gear, but seeing that you enjoyed Ben-to, I thought it worth another mention. Besides the roller state part is really more about roller state fights and not really about the race so it's actually a bit more exciting than it sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
Actually people say that there needs to be more action then ecchi. People even say the too much ecchi ruins it.
Which series were you talking about? KissxSis? That series is build around ecchi-ness to begin with in manga, take away the ecchi and there is nothing left for the plot to really hook the reader with.

If you are talking about Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear, well, the mangaka Oh Great debuted as a hentai mangaka and was well known for his hard-core hentai style which specialized in bondage and mind-breaking hentai and was loved for it.
Old 2011-12-23, 21:37   Link #111
Elegance

ahh no im talking about Highshool of the dead.
Old 2011-12-23, 21:59   Link #112
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
ahh no im talking about Highshool of the dead.
where did this series comes from? Classified Info wasn't talking about that series. ( he established no-zombie before).

If you mean HSDK, he was refer to History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.

As for Highshool of the Dead. That's a tough debate, it was one of those writer v.s. mangaka where mangaka want to focus on ecchi where the writer want to focus on survival which was the rumored cause of the series during an extended break before. But series is back the ecchi is still there if not more so and the sales is increasing so it's hard to say that ecchi is ruining the series not when the series features a full-on orgy in the volume 3 and was doing better than "supposed" increase focus on ecchi.

The series was more controversial (beleive it or not) with it real live reference to events, people, and movies. Case in point, the Bae Yong-jun zombie in volume (episode 8) caused a huge lash back from Koreans and his fans in East Asia that fortunately end up as nothing.
Old 2011-12-23, 22:47   Link #113
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Anyways, finished Maken-ki and i was rather disappointed; it had like no plot, loaded with censored ecchiness, and many blank spots left on air. Many characters not developed, romance under the wheel, story seriously rushed during the last episode. I'd put it on par with R+V. No, actually i'll rate it a 0.1 more because it had better graphic.
Oh, is that so. I guess it’s another R+V case which the manga is good but the anime is an abomination. I guess I’ll never watch Maken-Ki! Anime. I’ll just stick with the manga. Thanx for the info, Classified Info.
Old 2011-12-23, 22:56   Link #114
Elegance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
where did this series comes from? Classified Info wasn't talking about that series. ( he established no-zombie before).

If you mean HSDK, he was refer to History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.

As for Highshool of the Dead. That's a tough debate, it was one of those writer v.s. mangaka where mangaka want to focus on ecchi where the writer want to focus on survival which was the rumored cause of the series during an extended break before. But series is back the ecchi is still there if not more so and the sales is increasing so it's hard to say that ecchi is ruining the series not when the series features a full-on orgy in the volume 3 and was doing better than "supposed" increase focus on ecchi.

The series was more controversial (beleive it or not) with it real live reference to events, people, and movies. Case in point, the Bae Yong-jun zombie in volume (episode 8) caused a huge lash back from Koreans and his fans in East Asia that fortunately end up as nothing.
ooooo I had a brain fart. Thanks for clearing that up for me >.<
Old 2011-12-23, 23:39   Link #115
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

HOLY SHIT, WHAT HUGE MISTAKE I DID.

I'm now wondering how the fuck i didn't notice it... Rofl seriously, the reason i always skipped FMP was... no reason. The anime i didn't like was Full metal Alchemist, not fucking panic. FMP:fumoffu provided me good laughs, beside i liked it, and even tho the main series might be more oriented towards action whatsoever, i'll watch it nonetheless. Lol i'm fucking blind.

I'll also make sure to watch Steins:Gate.

I shall reconsider many titles i left behind. It's not like i got much to watch anyways, so i would have had to do so the same. Tomorrow i'll start El Hazard, and give you my opinion, then switch to Tenjou and Air gear.

Thank you again for suggestions.
Old 2011-12-23, 23:53   Link #116
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
HOLY SHIT, WHAT HUGE MISTAKE I DID.

I'm now wondering how the fuck i didn't notice it... Rofl seriously, the reason i always skipped FMP was... no reason. The anime i didn't like was Full metal Alchemist, not fucking panic. FMP:fumoffu provided me good laughs, beside i liked it, and even tho the main series might be more oriented towards action whatsoever, i'll watch it nonetheless. Lol i'm fucking blind.
Yeah, I get that a lot. Many newcomers are also confused with the similarity of the titles. Although both of them are great series for their own genre.

If you can tolerate the mecha/robots in FMP, I think you'll gonna enjoy Full Metal Panic the first season, while you need to be prepared for blood and dark moments in Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid.
Old 2011-12-24, 02:44   Link #117
Undertaker

If you are fine with the main FMP series, that'll open up a couple more series of mecha variants.
Old 2011-12-24, 09:23   Link #118
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok, i give up on El Hazard: too old for me, beside i didn't like the guy faking to be a princess. Yes, he got some hot night with that Ariel, but i don't think i'm going further with this. At the beginning i was happy, because this anime got translated and dubbed on my language, but after the first hour i started getting bad sound/video syncs, that made me totally leave it. Still, the graphic just didn't suit my tastes. Thanks anyway for the try.

Now i'll go with Tenjou Tenge.

EDIT
Started Tenjou Tenge and i'm really enjoying it. As i thought, it's giving me a Yu Yu's like feeling, plus it got some tits and some romance. Nice catch.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-24 at 11:51.
Old 2011-12-24, 13:47   Link #119
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ye, it's definitely a win. The story just gets more interesting the more i watch it. The romance has to develop, but i still don't feel the need to hurry up. The girls in it are big titted, there is some fanservice here and there, the story is interesting and the male protagonist is just kickass like Yusuke. I'm liking it. Finished episode 10, and it didn't bore me even one minute.

Perhaps, you found something that wasn't focused on romance but that still appealed me. Actually, i'm wrong; the story just carries on a love relation, but the fighting is just as cool as yu yu (I found the latter more satisfying, but this being more real is just as fine) and i don't hate it. Nice catch on this one. I'll continue later.
Old 2011-12-24, 15:31   Link #120
Elegance

So does that mean that you are starting to like action/romance animes? If so i might be able to give more recommendations.