AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 12 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 28.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-25, 19:45   Link #61
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Trust me, if there were five episodes of Shana swinging and missing, I'd be complaining too. It's not the content, it's the pace.
Old 2007-11-25, 20:50   Link #62
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I guess we get to see some action, which is better than no action
Hurry and get back on track on all the good stuff
Old 2007-11-25, 21:54   Link #63
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@ProtoMan - Were you being sarcastic about SnS being slice of life? I can't see how anyone can label this show as slice of life even if they took just the love rectangle arc.
Old 2007-11-25, 22:05   Link #64
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Interesting.

It could be that WW2 has connections with the other world....
Old 2007-11-25, 23:00   Link #65
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Interesting.

It could be that WW2 has connections with the other world....
It is an interesting idea, as lots of people dying would be a good cover for a tomogara eating a load of people in one go.
Old 2007-11-25, 23:02   Link #66
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
It is an interesting idea, as lots of people dying would be a good cover for a tomogara eating a load of people in one go.
Whoa, now that you mention it, that makes a lot of sense.
Old 2007-11-25, 23:09   Link #67
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

The whole talk about acceleration of civilisation is a good indication. Considering most economies gain a great boost from wars, as seen by economic booms following WW1 and WW2. Starting a war means production of weapons, medicine ect, which also means employment, which results in more workers, higher standards of living ect. That would certainly advance a civilisation, so perhaps that Tomogura's goal is to start a war.
Old 2007-11-25, 23:52   Link #68
grey_moon

On the subject of tomogara using large scale events to cover their actions, I wonder if any of them has tried to use religion? They are seemingly immortal beings to normal humans, with their spells and magic items I could imagine they could get a large following of fanatical followers. Not only would that give them a disposable army, but they could have their own reserve supply of food as well.

Would a flame haze be able to sense a normal human with a gun? Would a gun affect a flame haze?
Old 2007-11-26, 00:38   Link #69
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Ah, finally glad to see the show back in a good direction. I can't wait to find out the whole story with Pheles and the Reige Maigo. I think the point of what these past episodes were is summed up in the couch conversation in the study group they had when they talked about how long all of them will be able to hang out like that. This is the beginning of the end for that as I believe there is a lot of turmoil on its way that will disrupt this balance.

This episode gets props for 0% of the time devoted to Konoe, character development, and impaling heads So overall this earns a solid 8/10 for me.

I too want to get to the actual story though, so we'll get to see how Margery's past unfolds and get to some juicy plot hopefully!
Old 2007-11-26, 00:40   Link #70
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Using religion would of been effective in an era where people are more open to the paranormal. The era of the Great Depression largely consists of a society governed by consumerism (hence the great downfall when the Wal Street sharemarket crashed).

As for previous eras, it's plausible, but hey it's really just all speculation we are giving.
Old 2007-11-26, 01:05   Link #71
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Not to nitpick, but the Empire State Building was completed in 410 days, NOT 405 (as stated by Annaberg).
Old 2007-11-26, 01:14   Link #72
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Not to nitpick, but the Empire State Building was completed in 410 days, NOT 405 (as stated by Annaberg).
Erm, this would be your source? Not to nitpick or anything, but you and the Wikipedia nation have considered the opening day of May 1, 1931 to be the official date for the end of construction. That's not necessarily true, since construction ends usually a week before the grand opening for inspection. So the building was constructed in a range between 402-409 days. 405 is a good feasible range.
Old 2007-11-26, 01:31   Link #73
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Better watch out, Yuri, meterman gonna getcha.

Metamorphosis sure seems a heck of a lot stronger back in the day, with all that crazy hydra action slamming Margery right out of the sky. Whatever happened to the purple teddy bear on chimera action from the first season?
Old 2007-11-26, 01:47   Link #74
meh

On metamorphosis: It's been a while since I read that part, so I may be wrong. But I believe having his entire arm cut off by Rege Maigo really hindered that fight against Margery.

Anyway, I'm so glad we're finally near the end of the "high school dating sim" arc. Pheles mention, Yuuji learning unrestricted spell, and Margery's flashback all points to a very good direction.
Old 2007-11-26, 02:31   Link #75
grey_moon

Even though I like Margery's werewolf form, her in a white dress is much nicer eye candy
Old 2007-11-26, 03:14   Link #76
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Looking at how Yuuji gets stronger and stronger through training, shouldn't a flame haze train, too? But i guess if the flame hazes start training and get stronger this will turn into shonen series.

Nice battle scene at the Manhattan bridge. It's kinda funny looking at it just crumble like that. I don't understand why Metamorphosis and Annaberg just let Margery go like that. One of them even clearly said that she had killed hundreds of their kind, yet they just let her go cause they didn't wanna waste time? Well, it'll be funny if Margery just slaughter them in the future without mercy.

Yuri came at the right moment. Margery got a nice mature un-loli body, the true definition of fanservice. Hopefully, she will stop slacking around and back to her old self.
Old 2007-11-26, 03:29   Link #77
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
Looking at how Yuuji gets stronger and stronger through training, shouldn't a flame haze train, too? But i guess if the flame hazes start training and get stronger this will turn into shonen series.
We have seen plenty of training, well in the kitchen that is....
Old 2007-11-26, 03:35   Link #78
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Yuri came at the right moment. Margery got a nice mature un-loli body, the true definition of fanservice. Hopefully, she will stop slacking around and back to her old self.
Eto... nani? I didn't exactly hear what you said... or did I?

Well, I'm going to go ahead and say that even though it was a different episode than the last handful, I'd say the transition from amusement park to Margery flashback was really a rough one. If they had omitted 7, like make it an OVA or something, then maybe it could work.
Old 2007-11-26, 03:49   Link #79
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Maybe they do train but it hasn't been a big part of the series. After all Flame Hazes can be pretty old so maybe they have already reached their peak in what training can get for them? Haven't really seen a brand new Flame Haze as they develop. Closest was Shana's past and her growth in power during the first season.

In terms of why Margery wasn't killed...well they needed an excuse since it was a flashback . Do think it was kind of weak to just let her go because they didn't want to waste time considering the danger she presents. But guess they will learn what being stupid can do to you in the next episode.
Old 2007-11-26, 04:38   Link #80
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Maybe they do train but it hasn't been a big part of the series. After all Flame Hazes can be pretty old so maybe they have already reached their peak in what training can get for them? Haven't really seen a brand new Flame Haze as they develop. Closest was Shana's past and her growth in power during the first season.
Yeah, there is a level of skill when just training by yourself is meaningless. Both Margery and Shana are famous for their abilities. There's plenty of evidence in eps 7+8 to support that, like Shana's 999999 score lol
Shana did grow in Season 1, but that was only by fighting strong Tomogara, not with training or "tanren" as Shana loves to say. Margery is almost certainly still stronger than Shana at the moment.
Same thing in martial arts, when you reach a sufficiently high level. Basics aren't going to help much, at that point you can only improve with sparring with peers.
Closed Thread