AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 12 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 28.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-26, 04:43   Link #81
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Yeah, there is a level of skill when just training by yourself is meaningless. Both Margery and Shana are famous for their abilities. There's plenty of evidence in eps 7+8 to support that, like Shana's 999999 score lol
Shana did grow in Season 1, but that was only by fighting strong Tomogara, not with training or "tanren" as Shana loves to say. Margery is almost certainly still stronger than Shana at the moment.
Same thing in martial arts, when you reach a sufficiently high level. Basics aren't going to help much, at that point you can only improve with sparring with peers.
I'd give anything to see her speed. Get a AAA on Fascination MaXX and I'll be set for life.

Although, I really haven't seen "incredible" speed as far as I'm concerned, though. Good for what it's worth, but Shana's not Flash Gordon (or Nayuki Minase lol).
Old 2007-11-26, 09:34   Link #82
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Eto... nani? I didn't exactly hear what you said... or did I?
I like lolis, too but more for the design and the personality. But, to see a flat-chested, short body with no curve is not really a service. More like pointless exposure.
Old 2007-11-26, 12:05   Link #83
Paul
Bakka Baka!!!

Is it just me or was the scene at the beginning with "Silver" the first "Gory" scene in Sns?

Even though the transition was rough, i mean from riding kiddy rides at an amusement park to seeing some dudes head explode by pressure is somewhat of a change.

It was also a shock to hear Carmel-san say "Well done" to Yuji after he beat the tomogara form.

I liked the flashback in general, the action could have been better, but overall it was nice to see new "Flame Haze" and understand their world just a tiny bit more.

Hopefully the flashback will end half-way in the next episode and some interesting things happen in the PRESENT.
Old 2007-11-26, 12:54   Link #84
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Hopefully the flashback will end half-way in the next episode and some interesting things happen in the PRESENT.
you mean like Wilhelmina seeing someone's name, getting worried, and then leaving?
Old 2007-11-26, 13:18   Link #85
Paul
Bakka Baka!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
you mean like Wilhelmina seeing someone's name, getting worried, and then leaving?
Well, yea! LoL

Im also sure that Yujis unrestricted spell training will be pretty comical, so i really wanna see that too!
Old 2007-11-26, 15:10   Link #86
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
It was also a shock to hear Carmel-san say "Well done" to Yuji after he beat the tomogara form.
Actually, that was a Rinne she recreated. It's hard to see but it looked as if she was smiling or smirking a bit. Either she's started to respect Yuji a bit or she's thinking, 'He's getting better. This should be amusing when it's time to kill him.'

The writers could do a scenario of a character named Faustus who loses his existence to Pheles, a homage/reference to the German legend "Faust."
Old 2007-11-26, 15:40   Link #87
Paul
Bakka Baka!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
Actually, that was a Rinne she recreated. It's hard to see but it looked as if she was smiling or smirking a bit. Either she's started to respect Yuji a bit or she's thinking, 'He's getting better. This should be amusing when it's time to kill him.'

The writers could do a scenario of a character named Faustus who loses his existence to Pheles, a homage/reference to the German legend "Faust."
Oh oops, i wanted to say Rinne but the word slipped my mind, that however is a very good observation, although i believe that she (Carmel-san) is beginning to respect Yuji (even if just a bit), becasue knowing her personality (As much as we do), she is not one to enjoy fighting. That would be Margery-san
Old 2007-11-26, 15:56   Link #88
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
It's not like she has anything personal against him. Even if she's still not completely convinced he's good for Shana.
Old 2007-11-26, 17:13   Link #89
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's not like she has anything personal against him. Even if she's still not completely convinced he's good for Shana.
well, except for the over protective mother thing....that aspect of it was pretty damn personal.

but yeah, that doesn't seem to be a problem right now, since Shana is happy.
Old 2007-11-26, 17:36   Link #90
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
In terms of why Margery wasn't killed...well they needed an excuse since it was a flashback . Do think it was kind of weak to just let her go because they didn't want to waste time considering the danger she presents. But guess they will learn what being stupid can do to you in the next episode.
Well, look at what Anna Berg has for a head.

Sydonay just follows orders, because he's so strong he won't get killed even if Anna Berg does.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-26, 18:35   Link #91
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Speaking of which, I'm not entirely sure why Sydonay needs to rent himself out so much, anyway, if he's so l33t. Treasure? Boredom?
Old 2007-11-26, 19:23   Link #92
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Speaking of which, I'm not entirely sure why Sydonay needs to rent himself out so much, anyway, if he's so l33t. Treasure? Boredom?
boredom.

though actually I'm kinda confused as to what Sydonay gets payed in... 0_o
Old 2007-11-26, 19:25   Link #93
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
though actually I'm kinda confused as to what Sydonay gets payed in... 0_o
Either money or power of existence.
Old 2007-11-26, 19:32   Link #94
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
what is he going to do with money? I mean the guy's been wearing the same clothes since the 1930s! >_<
Old 2007-11-26, 19:34   Link #95
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
what is he going to do with money? I mean the guy's been wearing the same clothes since the 1930s! >_<
Baseball collection?
Old 2007-11-26, 20:04   Link #96
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Baseball collection?
I'd think it's more like his yaoi/BL doujin collection.
Old 2007-11-26, 20:09   Link #97
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
I'd think it's more like his yaoi/BL doujin collection.
Or a Yuji shrine...
Old 2007-11-26, 21:29   Link #98
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Hougu or PoE? Hougu is the most rare and potentially valuable, but (again) rare and not divisible. PoE is the easiest to treat like currency, but readily available, aside from the dangers of Flame Hazes coming after you. Especially considering the power divide between him and his employers, he could easily harvest PoE on his own, but I can see him being too lazy to do even that much (though it isn't like he has anything better to do). Anything other than that is meaningless to these guys.

Quote:
Hey, man, don't diss Meta's threads. He's got style.
Old 2007-11-26, 21:57   Link #99
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Especially considering the power divide between him and his employers, he could easily harvest PoE on his own, but I can see him being too lazy to do even that much (though it isn't like he has anything better to do). Anything other than that is meaningless to these guys.
like I said, Sydonay did the bodyguard thing out of boredom. Like all Tomogara, he's highly eccentric and thought it was fun to be a self styled bodyguard for various crazies who'd 'hire' him. of course that was until he found the Reiji Maigo (as he pointed out in episode 2. just wish we could see what exactly he's up to now >_<)

but still, even if its really just for the fun of it, a bodyguard does have to get payed. well, maybe it is money...I dunno.
Old 2007-11-26, 21:59   Link #100
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Hey, man, don't diss Meta's threads. He's got style.
Dude, I wear a same shirt every single freakin' day. That's not style at all. I get comments that I look like a darn cartoon character.

Quote:
like I said, Sydonay did the bodyguard thing out of boredom. Like all Tomogara, he's highly eccentric and thought it was fun to be a self styled bodyguard for various crazies who'd 'hire' him. of course that was until he found the Reiji Maigo (as he pointed out in episode 2. just wish we could see what exactly he's up to now >_<)

but still, even if its really just for the fun of it, a bodyguard does have to get payed. well, maybe it is money...I dunno.
So, pretty much Sydonay has no idea where he's going to go in life... he's just surviving for the sake of surviving.
Closed Thread