AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 5 9.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 18.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 14.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 7.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-24, 14:20   Link #61
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So long story short, Espers can "reject your reality, and subsitute their own" I'm not sure why people didn't like the beginning with Komoe sensei's crash course lesson, but I thought it was interesting.
Hell yeah Adam.

It was a weird way to explain Schrödinger's cat though. Toaru is a cat friendly show.

Never forget
OverFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 15:44   Link #62
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I'm not sure why people didn't like the beginning with Komoe sensei's crash course lesson, but I thought it was interesting.
1. Apparently it isn't correct (I'm don't really know much about it myself, but according to other posters...). Regardless, it was confusing.
2. It has nothing to do with the plot, using up time that could have been used for the story which barely moved in 20+ minutes.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 15:53   Link #63
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
I'm intrigued by Accelarator's power; this is the first time I'm heard of anything like it... The Power of to control Vectors, the potential is almost limitless!
Medusa from Soul Eater has a vector-themed fighting style. But despite her being a close-combat genius in her own universe, Accelerator's powers would crush her within seconds.

But he has to eat and drink sooner or later... your snake infested tea awaits you~.

Other than poisoning him, it doesn't seem like there are many ways to get rid of him should he go berserk after achieving level 6... or are there?

In a Certain Scientific Railgun, Misaka's stalker friend claims teleportation allows her to move nails to within someone's body. If that's not lethal enough, she could probably do the same with a bomb. Teleportation is different from "movement" in terms of physics. For example, it does not occur over time but is instantaneous (technically impossible for movement in our world). Another things is, its description requires only the start and end point. As in, it doesn't have a vector.

Espers are damn scary, all of them.

But I expect to see Imagine Breaker saving the day anyway, so no worries.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 17:16   Link #64
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
But he has to eat and drink sooner or later... your snake infested tea awaits you~.
Who needs gamebreaking powers, if you have a gamebreaking mind, right?

Quote:
Espers are damn scary, all of them.

But I expect to see Imagine Breaker saving the day anyway, so no worries.
Now guess, WHY Crowley created this power!
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 17:34   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Are there any other kind in this show?
Stiyl and Kanzaki are mid-bosses

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Hell yeah Adam.

It was a weird way to explain Schrödinger's cat though. Toaru is a cat friendly show.
But of course, there's a kid in the room! You have to 'sugar' it up abit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
Medusa from Soul Eater has a vector-themed fighting style. But despite her being a close-combat genius in her own universe, Accelerator's powers would crush her within seconds.
Medusa's vector only consist of movement force, while Accelerator's can control anything that has a direction.

The scary thing about Accelerator is that just by touching him, you can be killed almost instantly. If you try to hit him from an incredible range, he'll just have more time to reaction; I mean, his brain process faster than a bullet.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 20:48   Link #66
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I understood the explanation. I'm also one of the few that liked the episode.

Since Touma is Index's property, he can't wake up in Mikoto's lap.
Old 2008-12-25, 04:53   Link #67
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

HP updated with next episode ("Accelerator") preview+pics, but no spoilers as usual... But just because....

Spoiler for thanks to the anime, I'm really starting to think Madman>>>Annoying hero of justice-wannabe who said the laughable sentence that he is stopping Mikoto from killing herself and wants to save Imouto but doesn't even know how, that idealist:

Spoiler for shut up, shut up, shut up:

Spoiler for 間抜け面, for some reason, laughable:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-25, 05:07   Link #68
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

he controls vectors like math vectors right? thats like having gods hand and moving anything you like =/. lets say you poison a cup, he can control the poison just by touching it? and redirecting it so that he can drink the water without drinking the poison.
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 07:01   Link #69
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for thanks to the anime, I'm really starting to think Madman>>>Annoying hero of justice-wannabe who said the laughable sentence that he is stopping Mikoto from killing herself and wants to save Imouto but doesn't even know how, that idealist:
I find it a little strange, that you can watch a serie, whose protagonist you can´t stand.
I would simply stop watching it after a while...

What is so interesting for you, that you can´t stop?
Old 2008-12-25, 07:31   Link #70
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Mh, for me, not realy laughable. On this expression i feel like huging her and wisper in her ear, that all will be fine.
Old 2008-12-25, 09:49   Link #71
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
I find it a little strange, that you can watch a serie, whose protagonist you can´t stand.

Because the rest of the characters make up for him? That's one possible reason, and it wouldn't be the first time, certainly.

Also, even if it's bad or uninteresting, once you've invested a certain amount of time in it, some people just want to see how the story ends. Even if you have to skim through it really fast. That's what I did with School Days and Moonphase. Is it so hard a mentality to understand?

Not that that's necessarily serenade_beta's position. Take note, Doc, that beta did not say they couldn't stand Touma, only that Touma's rather lacking.

Quote:
For some reason, cute. :3
Old 2008-12-25, 10:27   Link #72
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

You would stop, but I wouldn't. And yes, it's pretty much all like KaneDragon said.
1. There are other characters than just Touma, and they are on the likable side (mostly). Watching for them is a good reason.
2. Even with a pathetic protagonist, the story can still be interesting. And, well, I've invested time and money on this series, so regardless of what happens, I intend to see it to the end. Plus, this series doesn't like to keep a certain character in the protagonist/heroine role...
A negative example is Toradora. Characters=Bad, story=...*snore*.............
Zzzzzzzzzzz... *wakes up* uninteresting, so I decided to give up on watching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
On this expression i feel like huging her and wisper in her ear, that all will be fine.
Though if you ran up to her, you'd only get killed by Accelerator and nothing would be fine.

Quote:
Indeed that too. ( ^ω^)

Old 2008-12-25, 13:04   Link #73
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
That's what I did with School Days and Moonphase. Is it so hard a mentality to understand?

Not that that's necessarily serenade_beta's position. Take note, Doc, that beta did not say they couldn't stand Touma, only that Touma's rather lacking.
No, it´s understandable.
I was just curious. ^_^

Quote:
I go along with this!

Quote:
A negative example is Toradora. Characters=Bad, story=...*snore*.............
Zzzzzzzzzzz... *wakes up* uninteresting, so I decided to give up on watching it.
Oh, I like Toradora very much and completely disagree with you...

Well, it can´t help, both of us have just different likes and dislikes...

Quote:
Indeed that too. ( ^ω^)
... beside in that case. XD
Old 2008-12-25, 13:10   Link #74
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Though if you ran up to her, you'd only get killed by Accelerator and nothing would be fine.
She wouldnt kill me.

Quote:

Agree!
Old 2008-12-25, 18:51   Link #75
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

ok, what was up with the silly song playing during the flashback or whatever, it was so out of place
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 04:48   Link #76
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
ok, what was up with the silly song playing during the flashback or whatever, it was so out of place
Really I thought it was touching.

@Solafighter: Of course, Misaka won't kill you but Accelerator wouldn't spare a second thought in killing you.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 05:02   Link #77
sb075

Future episode titiles and a few info from Megami Magazine.

Spoiler:

Accelerator arc seems to continue the episode 14 so second OP/ED might start from the episode 15.
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 05:51   Link #78
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

@above
I think this information would go better in the speculations threads...

Old 2008-12-27, 15:53   Link #79
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

a lot of talking....

insert song came with the PSI album too didnt it?
*knew i recognized it somewhere*
SwiftStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 01:18   Link #80
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

Quote:
This explanation didn´t made really any sense! Schroedinger´s Cat is a thought experiment to show, why we can NOT simply use the Laws of the Quantum Mechanic on things like cats or other stuff.

Spoiler for Short description of the experiment:

Really, the explication of Tsukiyomi-sensei remind me more of a description of the "Marble Phantasmen"(Kuusou Gugenka and the "Reality Marble"(koyuu kekkai) from Nasu-verse... Changing the probality of reality according to one´s wishes, pulling always the white marble out of a sack with 99 black marbles...
The experiment is trying to show Copenhagen's theory on quantum superposition as false, not that it can't be applied to cats and things. The theory fits very well in conjunction with the espers as far as I can understand.

According to quantum superposition, a subatomic particle's position can be in any varying amounts of positions and is assumed to be in any of those positions at any time until you observe it. Once observed, the superposition "collapses" and all possibilities are removed. Esper's are humans who have the capability to nullify the effects of observation and maintain a constant state of quantum superposition.

This is not to be confused with altering reality to one's wishes. Esper's merely have the ability to keep all possibilities open. In your marble example, you state that esper's have the ability to always pull the white marble out of a sack of 99 black marbles. Thus, the chance to pull the white marble while inside the sack is 100%. I don't think Esper's have that ability. I think Esper's have a chance to pull a white marble out of a sack of 100 black marbles. While there should be a 0% chance of pulling a white marble, so long as it is an esper attempting, they can always have the possibility of pulling a white marble.

That is my take on it at least. The episode had only 1:30 to try and explain a theory of quantum physics so I can't really say the explanation was poor. But yeah, this episode sucked pretty hard. Also, introducing this whole new "POWER NEVER BEFORE EXPERIENCED" concept in episode 12 kinda scares me a little. Generally that kind of crap is saved for when shows are on the brink of death.
Momosan is offline   Reply With Quote