AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-24, 17:45   Link #581
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
What is her original form according to Lovecraft anyway? Just fire?
Cthugha looks like a miniature (and very angry) sun. This is kind of reflected in the LN art too, as we see a smiling fireball with twintails often on the covers.
Old 2012-04-24, 18:03   Link #582
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Straight line not a triangle

Kuuko ----> Nyarko ---> Mahiro ----> Sanity
I wish it ends up in a pentagram...

Kuuko ----> Nyaruko ----> Mahiro -----> Hasutaa -----> Takehiko ----> Kuuko (again)

... that would be fabulous MAX
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 18:16   Link #583
Lukeman1884

What bugs me about this anime, and others like it, is the fact that we aren't ever really given a clear reason why the protagonist DOESN'T want to get with the girl. And we aren't really told why Nyaruko wants him either, all she said was that he was "her type".
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 18:23   Link #584
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
What bugs me about this anime, and others like it, is the fact that we aren't ever really given a clear reason why the protagonist DOESN'T want to get with the girl.
there was ep1 when Nyrako admitted she has a form that would drive him insane and the kid is quite familiar with lovecraft lore.
Old 2012-04-24, 18:35   Link #585
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
... is the fact that we aren't ever really given a clear reason why the protagonist DOESN'T want to get with the girl. And we aren't really told why Nyaruko wants him either, all she said was that he was "her type".
I think there is a very simple and realistical reason why an average human would be wary of Nyaruko, she can (and has on several ocasions) tear a giant monster with her own hands (alien martial arts my *ss) in a display of raw power and cruelty (I am sorta still waiting for her to remove a nighthaunt intestines and hang it with them). The only reason Mahiro hasn't fleed somewhere is because there is a chance a nighthaunt might do mince meat of him.

As for Nyaruko, she is in a far away land with a different culture, so it makes sense she is at her wildest (kinda reminds me of spring breakers coming here to Mexico).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 18:36   Link #586
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
What bugs me about this anime, and others like it, is the fact that we aren't ever really given a clear reason why the protagonist DOESN'T want to get with the girl. And we aren't really told why Nyaruko wants him either, all she said was that he was "her type".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
there was ep1 when Nyrako admitted she has a form that would drive him insane and the kid is quite familiar with lovecraft lore.
In addition in episode 3 Mahiro saw Nyaruko's older brother monstrous form.

As for why Nyaruko likes Mahiro, she explained it in the first episode, and given the improbability of her feelings finding a response, she fools around more than what one would expect, even by late-night-anime standards.
Old 2012-04-24, 18:36   Link #587
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Maybe it's because he's being pursued by am unspeakable entity of synapse-rending madness. A being so grotesque and inconceivable that the nightmares of madmen could only hope to graze the surface of its unspeakable horror. An abomination that runs counter to all human conceptions of reality itself, whose true form mocks the very idea of a universe in which a just and loving god could possibly exist, or even ever hope to. An insatiable evil that craves to extract his very essence and use it to fleshcraft a legion of doomspawn that will be the end of all that ever was.

That or he's gay.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 18:38   Link #588
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Or maybe he's gay.
LMAO, then my pentagram becomes more likely
Old 2012-04-24, 18:47   Link #589
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

if there was a ever Male Lead that deserve a pass for not jumping in head first, it is Mahiro.
Old 2012-04-24, 18:50   Link #590
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
He's just "tsun tsun" as she would call it.
Old 2012-04-24, 18:52   Link #591
ChronoReverse

Yeah, if Nyaruko was just another genki girl, I'd dive right in but an unspeakable horror creature like Nyalathotep requires a lot more than just a pretty face.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 20:19   Link #592
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

After seeing another great whacky episode, had to go make something from this episode.
Spoiler for episode 3 avatars:

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 20:38   Link #593
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Or maybe he just doesn't want to get in bed with a girl he hardly knows. I understand most guys are absolutely comfortable with the idea of bedding any random, willing girl who is a complete stranger at the drop of a hat, but I'm sure it's different in Japan.
Old 2012-04-24, 20:56   Link #594
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
In addition to all of the above, recall also that Mahiro is actually a Lovecraft fan, right down to the pictures on his wall and his frickin' pajamas. Which means that Nyarlathotep is a heck of a lot more than just a random concept to him. I'd find it kind of distracting making love with my wife if I was wondering whether she was about to sprout mouths or eyeballs or something in weird places, let alone turn into a mind-shattering amorphous blasphemy when she loses control of her shapeshifting at an...ahem...emotional moment.

(And injecting a bit of realism...something that really has no place in this series...girls who appear out of the blue and declare that they love you, want to marry you, and have your kids are not attractive. They may be hot, but that kind of behavior is crazy, and the initial response is not to want to hop in bed with them, it's to look around for their keepers and prepare to run like hell. But that's in reality.)
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 21:14   Link #595
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
....absolutely comfortable with the idea of bedding any random, willing girl who is a complete stranger at the drop of a hat.
You'd be surprised. According to some articles, Japanese kiddies are actually far more open about this type of things (the concept of sex friends or casual recurring sex partners comes to mind), and there are stories of sexual activity as early as 12 years (I remember that one post from Gaijin Smash!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin
In addition to all of the above, recall also that Mahiro is actually a Lovecraft fan, right down to the pictures on his wall and his frickin' pajamas.
This sums it up. Mahiro is well aware that, while he's attracted to Nyaruko, it's probably NOT a good idea to procreate with a Great Old One.
Old 2012-04-24, 21:18   Link #596
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
In addition to all of the above, recall also that Mahiro is actually a Lovecraft fan, right down to the pictures on his wall and his frickin' pajamas. Which means that Nyarlathotep is a heck of a lot more than just a random concept to him. I'd find it kind of distracting making love with my wife if I was wondering whether she was about to sprout mouths or eyeballs or something in weird places, let alone turn into a mind-shattering amorphous blasphemy when she loses control of her shapeshifting at an...ahem...emotional moment.

(And injecting a bit of realism...something that really has no place in this series...girls who appear out of the blue and declare that they love you, want to marry you, and have your kids are not attractive. They may be hot, but that kind of behavior is crazy, and the initial response is not to want to hop in bed with them, it's to look around for their keepers and prepare to run like hell. But that's in reality.)
I'd still hit it with a hammer.

Joking aside, It's a backward way for me. I know about this anime, then decide to read the original Lovecraft novel about Nya-whatever. I still find the idea of having intimating action with her is hot in itself.

Given I'm one of those who played Monster Girls Quest, so yeah .
Old 2012-04-24, 21:39   Link #597
Random Wanderer

Quote:
^ Yeah, what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Given I'm one of those who played Monster Girls Quest, so yeah .
Whether that has an influence depends on whether you played it for the characters and story (which were surprisingly good considering how very very very h the game is) or for the scenes of inhuman monster girls (some of which are attractive, but most of which nightmare fuel, if you ask me) raping and often killing or eating the main character?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 21:51   Link #598
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Spoiler for Goemon Week:
Hmm ... glad I wasn't the only one who was wondering about that. :\

It must be a plot....

Anyway ... ep 3 is more continued random idiotic nonsense that is quite honestly refreshing to watch ... um ... if that makes sense?
Old 2012-04-24, 21:52   Link #599
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Whether that has an influence depends on whether you played it for the characters and story (which were surprisingly good considering how very very very h the game is) or for the scenes of inhuman monster girls (some of which are attractive, but most of which nightmare fuel, if you ask me) raping and often killing or eating the main character?
For Alice.

I just have an urge to collect every H Scene that I could in every eroge I played. Not really a fan of those, aside from the Harpy one, and anything Alice related .

It's just that I kinda got used to tentacle rape, lolz, but honestly I find it's hard to resist Nyaruko.
Old 2012-04-24, 22:04   Link #600
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Cthuko she just so awesome wanting to rape Nyarlko I like to see that and wow Nyarlko hiding a chainsaw underneath her skirt

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, loli, parody, romance, seinen, shounen, trap