Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-11, 02:33   Link #1
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

starting manga

Im planning on learning how to draw mangas. Wats a good manga book to start out with??? Is "How to Draw Manga: Getting started" as useless as i heard it is?? Some suggestions please, dont wanna waste money.
Old 2003-12-11, 02:47   Link #2
aznkoodies
[asian - coo - deez]

Send a message via AIM to aznkoodies
Anything learned is not wasted and do a little search on amazon.com or known service for How-to books, customers should suggest other books. Also, there's a top list that you may find useful.
Old 2003-12-11, 10:48   Link #3
XI's Genesis
the new guy

The how to draw manga books aren't that bad.. my freind stated using with one of those and he's the best manga artest i know!
plus he practiced...
Old 2003-12-11, 13:04   Link #4
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

im kinda hoping for specific titles to the books. How to Draw Mangas are ovbiously the ones im getting.... but wats a good title to start out with?
Old 2003-12-11, 18:44   Link #5
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
the first of the books is all the basics to drawing a person, how to do the face, body, etc.

each book focuses on something different, so if you're looking for a specific area, go w/ the corresponding book....... of course that's all redundant.
Old 2003-12-12, 08:19   Link #6
XI's Genesis
the new guy

quite a few of the books are specific to drawing the charactors...
mostly girls, start with them because it's get you started.
Old 2003-12-16, 13:12   Link #7
LuciaMelody

Send a message via AIM to LuciaMelody
Do u really want to buy a book? there are tons of on-line tutorials that I think are much better. I have the how to draw females book - but it didn't help me. >_< So dont start with that one.

If u want the online tutorials go to MangaSchool (its an online community of Manga Drawers) - they will help u. (plus im sure some of them have those books - so they will recommend smth)
Old 2007-01-16, 22:05   Link #8
shadow dragon spawn

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
Im planning on learning how to draw mangas. Wats a good manga book to start out with??? Is "How to Draw Manga: Getting started" as useless as i heard it is?? Some suggestions please, dont wanna waste money.
if you dont want to waste money i sugest ou try looking for how to draw manga sites on the net. Most of those are free
Old 2007-01-16, 22:08   Link #9
shadow dragon spawn

I may be new here, but I am close to mastering manga. I just copied some famous artist carecters until I got the hang of it then started creating my own.
Old 2007-01-27, 00:52   Link #10
MugenIchiban

I say study the anatomy and look at online tutorials or just look at some manga.
Old 2007-01-27, 11:32   Link #11
Lavabyle
A Ninny Moose

How to draw books are good for starting, then just reada lot of manga and take in the art. Everyone's style is different, so once you get the feel of things (anatomy, proportions, poses, backgrounds, inking techniques) you'll be good to go. For male anatomy i suggest getting a book on it. For female anatomy and poses any harem/ecchi manga should help you out.
Closed Thread