Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-06, 13:04   Link #1
moozxy

Send a message via MSN to moozxy
Action

Recently I've been watching alot of sad/romantic anime.. and I feel I need some action anime to get my testosterone pumping lol.

TBH the only 'action' anime I've really watched is Naruto. I'm currently reading the Bleach manga and I'm happy with that and don't wish to switch to the anime. I also watched half of the FMA series but I didn't really get into it and gave up.

One criteria I think I'll put forward is, it should be well drawn.. Call me shallow but attractive characters help me get more drawn into the series. Also not too many episodes, I say this everytime and if I really like it I always wish there were more but, I don't know, there's something daunting about starting a 52episode series IMO around 13eps is great, short and sweet, I like it. 24 is also great and I'd say around that is the maximum. TBH though, these criteria aren't strict, if what you really wish to recommend is over 24eps but you really think it's worth watching please don't let this stop you from posting, same with the visuals, i'll read other reviews and see it's ratings and judge it from that

Looking forward to your recommendations ^_^
Old 2007-11-06, 13:24   Link #2
jedinat

Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing Ultimate
Old 2007-11-06, 13:35   Link #3
moozxy

I've heard Hellsing was good before but when I looked for it there were many different versions/series. Are they just like series, then sequels etc. or different versions? Could you discern the differences and tell me why the Ultimate one is better?
Old 2007-11-06, 13:40   Link #4
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by moozxy View Post
I've heard Hellsing was good before but when I looked for it there were many different versions/series. Are they just like series, then sequels etc. or different versions? Could you discern the differences and tell me why the Ultimate one is better?
The original Hellsing anime didn't follow the manga so much. Hellsing Ultimate is a remake that sticks to the manga's storyline. I actually rather liked the original, but the remake probably is/will be a much better anime. (the animation is also quite a bit better, it being more recent)
Old 2007-11-06, 13:49   Link #5
moozxy

Ah thanks . I think I will give this a go since it is only short :P
Old 2007-11-06, 17:01   Link #6
NightSamurai

Kiba is a great action anime involving swordfights and the summoning of powerful creatures. It is 52 episodes (I think), but it is definitely worth a watch. Also, it has a cool male lead who isn't afraid to kick some butt.
Old 2007-11-07, 03:05   Link #7
tbl
Affably Evil

Hellsing Ultimate is better, more entertaining, but it isn't finished. It's worth watching the TV series.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-11-07, 03:38   Link #8
zephyrus

if you dont mind romance mixed with action

-fate/stay night - 20 sumtin episodes
-shakugan no shana - i think its 20 sumtin, and now secodn season has begun airing
-code geass - OMG must watch 25 episodes i think it was (kinda mecha though)
-mai-hime - xD fighting girls are great
-mai otome - what i said above :P
-full metal panic (if you dont mind mecha, but even if you dont like this you must atl east watch or try code geass, cuz its that good)

and to get you back into sad romance animes xD my all time favourites

-voices of a distant star (my no.1 anime =O)
-places promised in our early days (z0mg beautiful)
Old 2007-11-07, 12:11   Link #9
moozxy

I'll check out voices of a distant star, it looks good! Is there only one episode?
shakugan no shana I started, and I'm enjoying it thanks.
I think i'll try mai hime aswell.
Kiba looks to be perfect in what I want to watch but since its a bit long I'll watch the other shorter ones first!
And I guess Ill wait for Hellsing Ultimate to finish before starting.

Thanks ^_^
Old 2007-11-07, 12:43   Link #10
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
If you feel that you need to switch over to the girl's side of Bleach, see Shakugan no Shana.
Old 2007-11-07, 13:17   Link #11
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Try Fate/Stay night as well.
Old 2007-11-10, 02:24   Link #12
zephyrus

yes voices of a distant star is a 30 minute ova, but that helps it i think xD short and powerful
Old 2007-11-10, 10:59   Link #13
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You should put Black Lagoon on your list. Two 12-episode seasons with three or four 3-5 episode story arcs. Lots of action but strong on characterization as well.
Old 2007-11-10, 15:22   Link #14
dutchdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
You should put Black Lagoon on your list. Two 12-episode seasons with three or four 3-5 episode story arcs. Lots of action but strong on characterization as well.
I second this one!!
And could also recommend you to watch Blood+ and Claymore!

EDIT: one to watch, is Rurouni Kenshin i still haven't finished it myself... have 4 more episodes to go but i already know the ending and dont want to see the ending actually but its a great series!
Old 2007-11-10, 17:05   Link #15
matto16

I got the perfect anime for u

Erementar Gerad 26 episodes
Hunter x Hunter about 50
Buso Renkin 25 or 26 episodes
Old 2007-11-10, 18:39   Link #16
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Not to mention existentialist philosophy.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-11-10, 18:50   Link #17
xplicitz

Kaze no Stigma 24 eps
Sola 12 eps (more or less action in this one but a bit of some ''sad/romance'' in it..kinda)
Closed Thread