Bokura Ga Ita (Last season)
Nana (Spring)
Welcome to the NHK (Last season)
Red Garden
Harataki Man
Kanon
Negima!?
Tokimeki Memorial Only Love

I need an action series to add to the pile. A good one.

*It has to have a decent cast which are as equally as important as each other, or at least semi equally as important. No "rely on Ichigo or Goku to save the day". This mainly applies to the typical shounen stuff, I know.

*Decently animated fighting scenes

*Doesn't follow "too scared to kill anyone off" philosophy

*It can be mecha

I have a feeling the choices will narrow down to Code Geass and Soukou no Strain, but I'd like an idea as to how well those series have developed.

Last edited by Scribble; 2006-12-07 at 15:48.
Old 2006-12-07, 15:41   Link #2
Mandrake

Pumpkin scissors might be a good watch for you
Old 2006-12-07, 15:50   Link #3
jedinat

Soukou no Strain is my favorite.

But Code Geass and Kekkaishi look good so far also.
Old 2006-12-07, 15:57   Link #4
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
Pumpkin scissors might be a good watch for you

Hmm, I couldn't even make it through episode 1, but that may have been because I was tired. Does it have an arc now or is it "conflict of the week"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
Soukou no Strain is my favorite.

But Code Geass and Kekkaishi look good so far also.
I also heard Kekkaishi is good....what's so good about it, though.

It's so difficult finding reviews on newer shows without jumping to page 421434 of the anime's thread in the fansub forum just to see if there are any "WOW, this episode was pretty exciting" and "This series is getting better and better" and getting spoiled in the process. I've seen some good comments on Kekkaishi, Code Geass, Soukou no Strain and D.Grayman, but I'm confused as to which elements of those series make them good. Hmm....
Old 2006-12-07, 16:09   Link #5
jedinat

Well, it's really doesn't take much effort just to watch them for yourself and see whether you like them

Anyways...
Kekkaishi looks like a pretty unique show and well polished. From the beginning I was intrigued by the characters, especially the relationship between the two main characters. It's not that often you see an anime where the girl is in high school and the boy in junior high. The fight scenes were pretty well done also, and after only a couple episodes you're already given a lot of background on the characters.

Strain looks like it will be full of twists. The first episode started out kind of boring but I was hooked by the end. The story seems interesting and I like how she has a secret to keep from everyone on the ship; it adds an extra layer of juiciness.

Code Geass is very fast pace, the main character is something like Light from Death Note, but at his base not evil like I believe Light is. Looks like there will be a lot of twists and turns in the story... for some reason it kind of reminds me of Gundam Seed, even though the main char is completely different... maybe its the story telling, or just the animation ^^
Old 2006-12-07, 16:12   Link #6
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I definitely second Soukou no Strain and Code Geass - they are both very good and definitely worth a watch. Strain is more character driven, and does a good job at it, not much plot progression up to this point. Characters die in this one

Code Geass has a protagonist that somewhat reminds me of Shinn from GSD for some reason Believe me, he has no seconds thoughts about killing. Sort of a dark hero. In fact there are few people he is qite eager to get his hands on. It has a pretty nice plot and some mysteries to be answered. Also, he uses his brain and strategy instead of brute force to achieve his goals, which is very nice.

Both shows are good and i watch them for different reasons... Code Geass definitely has more action if that is what you are looking for. I suggest watching them both >.<
Old 2006-12-07, 17:34   Link #7
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
...Hmm, I couldn't even make it through episode 1, but that may have been because I was tired. Does it have an arc now or is it "conflict of the week"?...
The first four eps of Pumpkin Scissors are mostly decent action with 'tank of the week' type stories, then it settles into slower paced character driven episodes with a mix of humour and circumstance. Most eps still have plenty of conflict though; character or otherwise.
Closed Thread