AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-27, 15:24   Link #241
sezen_atacan

Another question, can someone tell me what the Onisarashi-hen is about? I am interested in this Natsumi Kimiyoshi character. In Daybreak her special moves seems very interesting. I am wondering whats she was yelling about??

What made Natsumi snap in her story? Since we have no Takano or the contaminated marsh anymore. What does she do and what happens afterwards?
Old 2007-08-27, 19:53   Link #242
MrZombie

The marsh has nothing to do with people being "contaminated". It's in everyone who once live in Hinamizawa. She "snaps" just like everyone else after the gas disaster, as it mentions in the manga there was a series of bizarre murders and suicides involving former residents of Hinamizawa,
Old 2007-08-27, 21:23   Link #243
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
The marsh has nothing to do with people being "contaminated". ,
I wouldn't go that far. The marsh does seem to be the most likely source of the parasite. But she was born and infected in the village before the marsh was destroyed, right?
Old 2007-08-28, 00:44   Link #244
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
I wouldn't go that far. The marsh does seem to be the most likely source of the parasite. But she was born and infected in the village before the marsh was destroyed, right?
The "parasite" is a virus that's past on from generation to generation. The marsh has almost nothing to do with the parasite, except that it may be the origin of the orignal disease, and that it's part of the legend.
Old 2007-08-28, 10:38   Link #245
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
The "parasite" is a virus that's past on from generation to generation.
Then how did Keichi catch it? And by the way, I've reached the conclusion that it really is a parasite like malaria, and not a virus.
Old 2007-08-28, 19:38   Link #246
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-28, 22:15   Link #247
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Spoiler for for Guido:
Old 2007-08-29, 00:35   Link #248
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Hanyuu's stance:
Old 2007-08-29, 02:27   Link #249
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Spoiler for Hanyuu's stance:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-29, 06:26   Link #250
Vornesoul

What if both the 'Queen Parasite' and 'to become a god' theories are right?

Picture for a moment that Takano and/or her superiours wish for private and exclusive use of the parasite? What if she managed to extract a good sample for cultivation (get the parasite to infect in others) from Satoko but needed the Queen parasite to control it?

What if the queen parasite was something that begins out small at birth but grows fairly large? To a point where she could not simply extract it with a needle. Not only would it be hard to convince Rika to concent to such surgery, it would be hard to remove the thing and keep it for her own without people knowing.

At that point, it would be easier to fake her own death and remove the parasite from Rika the old fasioned way. With that done, she could use it to force the village to go insane for she wouldn't need it. None of them really had the power to change anything in the 'real world'. An army of crazed peasents would not get her a nice cozy mansion! It would just be baggage and extra risk her secret was found out. She doesn't need to mind or fenzy a bunch of peasents, she needs to infect hire ups to get what she wants.

She then uses her 'god-like' pheramone to drive the place mad and have it whiped out. Hell, if she had a grudge against the village, that is yet another bird she could kill with one stone. All her loose ends tied up nicely... In body bags...

I know it is Resident Evil-sih but it's just my thoughts on the matter. :P
Old 2007-08-29, 08:44   Link #251
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I would suggest you to read the pieces, as they explain almost everything. if you don't want to, that means this thread isn't really for you, as the primary objective is to discuss about the facts provided by any material possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornesoul View Post
What if both the 'Queen Parasite' and 'to become a god' theories are right?
  • Queen parasite is null and void because of Watanagashi-hen/Meakashi-hen
  • Becoming God is just the wish of Hifumi Takano adressed to Miyo.
Quote:
Picture for a moment that Takano and/or her superiours wish for private and exclusive use of the parasite? What if she managed to extract a good sample for cultivation (get the parasite to infect in others) from Satoko but needed the Queen parasite to control it?
The queen parasite theory was just an excuse to obliterate Hinamizawa. in another extent, it was also an attempt to glorify her grandfather.
Quote:
What if the queen parasite was something that begins out small at birth but grows fairly large? To a point where she could not simply extract it with a needle. Not only would it be hard to convince Rika to concent to such surgery, it would be hard to remove the thing and keep it for her own without people knowing.
It is extremely doubtful it is a parasite (or at least growing), because many people could live without getting affected at all. i would hardly see a growing parasite dealing 0 damage, especially if it affects the brain.
Quote:
At that point, it would be easier to fake her own death and remove the parasite from Rika the old fasioned way. With that done, she could use it to force the village to go insane for she wouldn't need it. None of them really had the power to change anything in the 'real world'. An army of crazed peasents would not get her a nice cozy mansion! It would just be baggage and extra risk her secret was found out. She doesn't need to mind or fenzy a bunch of peasents, she needs to infect hire ups to get what she wants.
Rika was simply killed like the watanagashi ritual: disemboweled, and her inners were spread. nothing related to her brain or anything.
As far as we can see with Yakusamashi-hen and the rest, people weren't exactly crazy, considering the look of their death.

Miyo just want to be a God, nothing else.

Quote:
She then uses her 'god-like' pheramone to drive the place mad and have it whiped out. Hell, if she had a grudge against the village, that is yet another bird she could kill with one stone. All her loose ends tied up nicely... In body bags...
The madness is from the syndrom. Miyo has a specific drug which can accelerate the process of madness, but nothing special.
Old 2007-08-29, 10:15   Link #252
MrZombie

There was no "to become a god" theory. That existed in a letter from Miyo's grandfather to her. It wasn't a theory, but him saying that if you do some great deed , your name will live on after you die. Almost like a god. He wanted her to do something great so she'd be remembered. I highly doubt he would have wanted her to slaughter a village though.
Old 2007-08-29, 10:17   Link #253
MrZombie

Spoiler for Also for Hanyuu's stance:
Old 2007-08-29, 10:56   Link #254
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

exactly.

The problem is Miyo is so crazed and obsessed about her grandfather that she just pay attention to the "god" part, with "no matter which field".
By extension, the great deed must deal something big in history.

and what are the biggest things humanity can "remember" ? massacre, wars etc. I don't think Miyo really thought like this from the start (as implied in the pieces, she tried to prove her grandfather work), but surely grow in the spiral of megalomania, and various crazy stuff.

When you have the power, you can go really high...
Old 2007-08-29, 11:20   Link #255
MrZombie

That's true, but doesn't she enact her "final plan" once the government cuts funding just for the weapon aspects of her research?

Also megalomania isn't quite the word I'd use. I'd use sociopathy since she lacks any real morality.
Old 2007-08-29, 12:18   Link #256
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ it is hard to tell. as far as i could read the piece, it appears the gas equipment to kill the villagers in case the syndrom is out of control was already available, on [déjà vu] piece
Quote:
"This is not a laughing matter, everyone. After all, a huge amount of funds have been lost to this absurd research over the past few years.... The worst of it all is the fact that equipments for gassing the villagers in the case of a hazard has been prepared. This is something that our citizens must not know about."
But i guess it is that mysterious woman, in the "Invitation to the end" piece who completely trigger Miyo's revenge.

another good point is this piece, [Result of dice: One]
Basically, Miyo doesn't want the syndrom to disappear in the dark, but since the military option isn't possible, she will need to create a major "earthquake" in Tokyo. and thus, instead of letting the disease being cured, pushing it to the limit, so a disaster happens would be more efficient, as it will be a trauma in the comitee, but also an undeniable proof for her grandfather's theories.

looks like there are many points... hope they will portray well in the anime ^^"
Old 2007-08-29, 18:51   Link #257
MarthX

Is there any particular reason why the eighth Furude female descendant is Oyashiro-sama's reincarnation?
Old 2007-08-29, 20:19   Link #258
sezen_atacan

For daybreak expansion. When you are playing Takano and choosing the radio transponder as her weapon. Is it true that those artillery shells came from those janitor guys supporting Takano from concealed spots?? Just want to confirm this as I get the itchy feeling that not all of those dudes are under Takano's command....
Old 2007-08-29, 20:46   Link #259
MrZombie

I wouldn't put anything it to what shows up in Daybreak. It is after all, nothing more than a fan made game.
Old 2007-08-30, 01:15   Link #260
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
I wouldn't put anything it to what shows up in Daybreak. It is after all, nothing more than a fan made game.

"Fan-made?" I'm not sure if we should consider Twilight Frontier as a fan.....
Closed Thread