AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 17:35   Link #241
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 2: great show. Great work by all the major seiyuus. Rivalling Suzumiya Haruhi for me so far.
Spoiler for ep2:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 17:52   Link #242
7Th
Mixtape

Episode 2's animation was a lot more Seiya Numata-ish than I expected. In a good way, though.

Also, the song from the trailer was used!
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 19:27   Link #243
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Kaoru Chujo, made a good notice - I also saw that the way those legs were drawn was bit off. And the supreball part... Well yeah...
Spoiler for stuff:
as if you can see them coming from two different chapters but it is nothing serious, besides it would be hard to do it in any other way.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 20:37   Link #244
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well they were from 2 different chapters ^^ The wand/kittens is chapter 2 and the super ball one is chapter 3. With the chapters being only around 20 pages long they are going to be covering 2-3 chapters per episode if they don't include any filler.

Was a very nice adaption of those two chapters btw, additions make sense and whats left out is really minor. I also really loved the animation in this episode, so much character movement, I'm going to get spoiled!

Looking forward to the next episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Also, the song from the trailer was used!
Yeah I was pretty happy to hear that trailer song used.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 21:53   Link #245
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Episode 2: great show. Great work by all the major seiyuus. Rivalling Suzumiya Haruhi for me so far.
uh...really?
Tomatsu Haruka's voice timbre is all over the place...I know she's new, and she had a similar problem at the beginning of To LoveRu, but gradually improved...it sounds like she's taken a few steps back...

And Haruhi? Really? If you're referring to the Haruhi cast, then I don't think this is really up to that quality. Though, if you're referring to Hirano, I think it's pretty insulting to the current cast that you're comparing them to Hirano.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 14:39   Link #246
kyouray
2D > 3D

Nagi pics go !

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-10-12, 14:42   Link #247
JediNight
キズランダム

What's up with Jin's house in Ep2? Corrugated metal siding? Looks like a POS -- didn't seem like that from other pics we've seen -- but I guess we saw only the back side of the house up until now?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 15:09   Link #248
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Thanks for all of the pictures! I love the character design in this show. (At least for the girls.)
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 16:26   Link #249
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Ugh, the Kannagi topics in the Chans are not very amusing due to certain trolls ruining it with specific types of shock images
Old 2008-10-12, 16:43   Link #250
Molenir

Pretty good so far, just wish this wasn't a Aniplex show.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 16:50   Link #251
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
uh...really?
Tomatsu Haruka's voice timbre is all over the place...I know she's new, and she had a similar problem at the beginning of To LoveRu, but gradually improved...it sounds like she's taken a few steps back...

And Haruhi? Really? If you're referring to the Haruhi cast, then I don't think this is really up to that quality. Though, if you're referring to Hirano, I think it's pretty insulting to the current cast that you're comparing them to Hirano.
I'm referring to the overall enjoyment and quality in all aspects, especially animation and humor.

But we have very different attitudes toward voices, clearly. Tomatsu's timbre was "all over the place" because she was doing different bits of comedy schtick. In any case, I think many people take too limited and technical a view of voice acting, and judge seiyuu as if they were announcers rather than comic or dramatic actors.

Hirano is nowhere near as "professional" as many seiyuu, but she is far more interesting in her varied approaches, and more effective at communicating real emotion in the roles where that is called for. The way I think of it is that many seiyuu can simulate emotion, but Hirano can make me think she feels it.

I hasten to add that I loved her in Twenty-faces and NANA and Lucky Star, but I'm not overwhelmed by her so far in her shows this season.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-10-12, 18:42   Link #252
loltan

^
Strangely enough, I like Hirano better this season than I liked her in Haruhi or Lucky Star.

Anyways... I can't wait for 10/29... Tomatsu's singing voice is simply wonderful.
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 20:08   Link #253
NakedAngelX

A fun show of this fall release. More comedy more comedy!
Old 2008-10-12, 20:26   Link #254
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
Are they cosplaying as more anime characters or just a TTGL one?
The bonus illustration for the first DVD from the Animate store is this one.

Nagi as Hatsune Miku.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 21:12   Link #255
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I also really loved the animation in this episode, so much character movement, I'm going to get spoiled!
I'm almost positive this episode was animated in 2's, which is quite an accomplishment for the usually animated in 1's TV animation.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 21:23   Link #256
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Honestly, I do wonder how much money they spent per episode. The animation can't be cheap, judging from amount of stuff they animated.

Something of interest.
Old 2008-10-12, 21:30   Link #257
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
What's up with Jin's house in Ep2? Corrugated metal siding? Looks like a POS -- didn't seem like that from other pics we've seen -- but I guess we saw only the back side of the house up until now?
Old traditional Japanese homes sometimes get pretty creative in the materials used. And older materials have that 'wabisabi' nature.... (old and quirky is cool).
Old 2008-10-12, 21:51   Link #258
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
I'm almost positive this episode was animated in 2's, which is quite an accomplishment for the usually animated in 1's TV animation.
I'm revealing my ignorance here, but what do "animated in 1's" and "animated in 2's" mean?
Old 2008-10-13, 00:07   Link #259
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4913003

30-sec Preview for episode 3
Kannagi, an example of having a lovable side cast, without having to make them all idiots with low IQ. *cough*Tora*cough*Dora*cough*

Daitetsuuuuuuuuuuu!
Zange... /( -_-)\

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 00:16   Link #260
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

I loved the second episode, the part Nagi plays split personality is hilarious.
I am not sure if the OP has any relation with the entire plot, it seems really funny thou hehe
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen