AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-21, 05:07   Link #41
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I find it hilarious that I happened to read this thread while listening to the OP single for the same show.

I've never even seen the show itself (only the opening sequence), so I can't comment. But, the trailer is starting to show up on a few discs, so we know it's not far off. (Trailer's on Mahoromatic Summer Special, if you're wondering.)
Old 2004-05-22, 14:26   Link #42
Innotech

nojevo, they licensed MOUSE. The worst fucking anime ever produced and youre surprised they licensed ikkitousen?
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 23:32   Link #43
Sayianianian
Gunslinger Guy

Send a message via AIM to Sayianianian Send a message via MSN to Sayianianian Send a message via Yahoo to Sayianianian
I saw Ikkitousen on DVD

Anime Keep used to sub it before it got licensed. Ikkitousen had great fighting and awesome ecchiness.

I was wondering if anybody knows if the DVDs by pioneer will be censored or edited from the versions I saw Anime Keep doing. If they are in their orriginal form then I might buy the dvd...

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-20 at 23:43. Reason: Threads merged. I'm wondering if you'll bother to SEARCH for an existing thread the next time you're tempted to make one. Or at least post in the right forum.
Sayianianian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 12:29   Link #44
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayianianian
Anime Keep used to sub it before it got licensed. Ikkitousen had great fighting and awesome ecchiness.

I was wondering if anybody knows if the DVDs by pioneer will be censored or edited from the versions I saw Anime Keep doing. If they are in their orriginal form then I might buy the dvd...
Check Geneon's site, it has a trailer, judging from the fanservice in it you can be pretty sure that it'll be unedited DVD's . Also it has a rating 16+

http://www.ikkitousendvd.com/ikkiMain.html

btw As far as I know Geneon doesn't censor it's series any more, besides if you take out the fanservice of ikkitousen, what's left?
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 18:55   Link #45
Sayianianian
Gunslinger Guy

Send a message via AIM to Sayianianian Send a message via MSN to Sayianianian Send a message via Yahoo to Sayianianian
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Check Geneon's site, it has a trailer, judging from the fanservice in it you can be pretty sure that it'll be unedited DVD's . Also it has a rating 16+

http://www.ikkitousendvd.com/ikkiMain.html

btw As far as I know Geneon doesn't censor it's series any more, besides if you take out the fanservice of ikkitousen, what's left?
Yeah, you're right I guess, its mostly 'fanservice' but some of it is pretty hentai-ish right? I remember thinking so at least. Anyways I think if I bought it my gf would be like ummm not happy... heh...
Sayianianian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 22:13   Link #46
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
god, this is too much. i dont really like this type of fanservice.
imo, this is in my anime list of shame, far as anime goes.
but for manga, not yet.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 12:09   Link #47
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayianianian
Yeah, you're right I guess, its mostly 'fanservice' but some of it is pretty hentai-ish right? I remember thinking so at least. Anyways I think if I bought it my gf would be like ummm not happy... heh...
Hmmm, it doesn't have any hentai scenes, only ALOT of pantyshots and bouncing *you know what* .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjool
imo, this is in my anime list of shame, far as anime goes.
but for manga, not yet.
Oh? The manga and anime are identical, 95% of the displayed scenes have some ecchi element in it, mostly panty shots... and the manga has some actual nudity, while the anime doesn't .
Old 2004-10-22, 13:30   Link #48
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Oh? The manga and anime are identical, 95% of the displayed scenes have some ecchi element in it, mostly panty shots... and the manga has some actual nudity, while the anime doesn't .
Actually they are not identical. They have lots of identical moments but the anime took out several scenes from the manga. Ecchi-ness wise, it is a toss up. While the anime had some scenes more played out, the manga showed more topless/nude moments which cannot be shown on TV. The plot devices are slightly altered as well. Lastly, the manga is still ongoing while the anime has ended.

Even so, none of these can save the fact that either anime or manga is just an ecchi-ploitation series.

Last edited by Yebyosh; 2004-10-22 at 13:44.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 14:16   Link #49
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Actually they are not identical. They have lots of identical moments but the anime took out several scenes from the manga. Ecchi-ness wise, it is a toss up. While the anime had some scenes more played out, the manga showed more topless/nude moments which cannot be shown on TV. The plot devices are slightly altered as well. Lastly, the manga is still ongoing while the anime has ended.

Even so, none of these can save the fact that either anime or manga is just an ecchi-ploitation series.
In the manga the story (is there actually one? ) is indeed alot clearer, and relations between certain characters seem more worked out. I like both though, it's not the best thing ever (far from that) but I thought the anime was rather funny and the manga has cool fights.

PS The manga is still ongoing??? I thought there were only 6 volumes? That would mean I'd have to search for the rest since only 6 are mentioned at my anime shop (including 2 that have yet to be released) and I'm only at volume 4 ...
Old 2004-10-22, 21:56   Link #50
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Well, I do not actually follow the manga. I am quite put off by the concept presented, being someone who likes RoTK. If I did have a look at it, it is out of curiousity at what they are perverting.

However, the current 'historical' point for Ikkitousen is approaching the Battle of Red Wall. They made Wei to have a male megalomaniacal evil spirit-possesed Cao Cao. Whereas Shu and Wu have voluptous bimbos running around half-naked ( make that 60% naked ) all the time.

The last chapter I know of was chapter 52 ( and would be collected in Vol 8 if I am not wrong ) and that was a long time ago.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 22:14   Link #51
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Well, I do not actually follow the manga. I am quite put off by the concept presented, being someone who likes RoTK. If I did have a look at it, it is out of curiousity at what they are perverting.

However, the current 'historical' point for Ikkitousen is approaching the Battle of Red Wall. They made Wei to have a male megalomaniacal evil spirit-possesed Cao Cao. Whereas Shu and Wu have voluptous bimbos running around half-naked ( make that 60% naked ) all the time.

The last chapter I know of was chapter 52 ( and would be collected in Vol 8 if I am not wrong ) and that was a long time ago.
Hey, I'm a fan of RoTK having read the novel at least 5 times. I'm actually amused by this (outrageous) take on the Classic tale.

Take it with a pinch of salt, sit back and enjoy the take.Can't wait for Kongming and Sima Yi to show up.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 21:45   Link #52
ThoHell

Third seaons coming...YAYYYYYYYYY. Actually not to sure if I'm happy or not, I'm rahter burnt out of pointless panty shots, shredded clothes that still somehow strongly cover up private parts, and no real plot. Actually at first I thought it was a third season, but now that I look at it, some of characters that died in season 1 are back. Guess it's an all new original story with all the characters from season 1 and 2 plus some more I think. Hmmm...I'll check it out none the less.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 20:32   Link #53
Dark Mage

Where do we discuss the ikkitousen manga coz if I am not wrong this is the anime discussion thread right coz I had some questions to ask after reading the manga that needs to be answered
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 07:08   Link #54
Leon Rose
What?

Send a message via Yahoo to Leon Rose
Why is it so hard to find ep 12 of Ikki Tousen Great Guardians???
Leon Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 09:17   Link #55
KimmyChan

I have this series as a complete 4 disc DVD boxset
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 16:12   Link #56
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

does anyone know if this poster / wallscroll exists for this particular image?

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7207/shoukyou.png
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 05:05   Link #57
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
It's a poster that comes with the DVD.

Ikkitousen Xtreme Xecutors or Ikki XX

Old 2010-01-27, 23:37   Link #58
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
It's a poster that comes with the DVD.

Ikkitousen Xtreme Xecutors or Ikki XX

sweet! thanks, i cant see the video for some reason, it says that it blocks me from seeing it because i live in a certain country.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 10:58   Link #59
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-05-01 at 22:40. Reason: Changed image to link since it's way too big...
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 13:18   Link #60
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh my god. It finally happen.
Ikkitousen's Kanu Uncho VS Shin Koihime Muso's Kanu Uncho!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ation-launched
http://www.ikkitousen.com/ikkoi/index.html

Tags
action, ecchi