AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-01, 14:14   Link #61
UzumakiKitsu
Foxy Ninja

Great issue, can't wait for it to be released by Inane... Hell, I can't wait for it to be animated. But more than anything, now that the semi-predictable part of the plot is over, I'm very excited to see what happens in the coming chapters.

A week is an excruciatingly long amount of time sometimes. Thank God I'll be working like mad all week, I hopefully won't notice.
UzumakiKitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 14:19   Link #62
uchiha masahiro

one awesome episode but i had to tell u that i hoped it would be finished all the chidori vs rasengan , naruto vs sasuke and cursed seal lvl2 vs kyubi chakra...

but not

awesome ep. cant wait to see next...
uchiha masahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 14:37   Link #63
Satoru

From now on, everything is unpredictable...
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 14:50   Link #64
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
ummmmmmmm
do you know the meaning of Sarcasm?
and BTW, there is always a first time for everithing...think outside the box.......
It is kinda hard understanding if it is sarcasm or not on a forum.
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 14:51   Link #65
Gon the Freec
1337 member ......

lets pray that the story from now on will be suprising
Gon the Freec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 14:53   Link #66
shadowstorm
Shadowwalker

Is sasuke hit with something on page 15 or is it just his seal reacting?? Isnt it a possibility that kabuto came and took sasuke in his weakened state before kakashi is able to arrive?
shadowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 14:57   Link #67
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen
It is kinda hard understanding if it is sarcasm or not on a forum.
Well, but when I Put there "Sakura" as a posible Theme...it should be read as a Sarcasm.............
Old 2004-10-01, 15:00   Link #68
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Whew! What a chapter!

I was a little worried that this would not be the conclusion of this fight, but not anymore. It's clearly over. After reading the chapter, I was going to rant about how absurd it was for the rasengan to only scratch Sasuke's forehead protector, when in the past, weve seen the rasengan go through objects that are arguably denser than that piece of metal. But after reading some of the posts in another forum that offered insight or reasons as to why the rasengan did not totally obliterate Sasuke's head, I think Ill save the rant for another time.

The reasoning that the rasengan was weakened due to the Chidori in his chest is logical and valid. The rasengan requires the user to maintain a steady chakra flow and intense concentration on the spinning of the chakra. Any disruption to that concentration such as a hand through your chest, would undoubtedly cause Naruto to falter, even when powered by Kyuubi's chakra.

The other reason I like and am inclined to agree with more is that Naruto purposely decreased the power of the rasengan, so that it would not permanently injure Sasuke. Naruto is all about proving himself and any points he feels should be made. Remember the fight with Zabuza and his insistence that he regain his headband? He knew he would get injured by rushing Zabuza, but the point had to be made: He was a Konoha ninja and the future Hokage of the Leaf. I believe Naruto took what Sasuke said on the hospital rooftop to heart. The notion that Naruto did not have what it took to even lay a finger on Sasuke's forehead must have been quite a hit on Naruto's pride since he's always considered himself Sasuke's equal, and at times his better. Even when most of the time it's the other way around.
I like the idea that right before Naruto striked Sasuke, he thought about Sasuke's words on the rooftop and wanted to prove that, yes, he is his equal, even if Sasuke or anyone else would say otherwise, and that even after all of that transpired between the two, most notably Sasuke's intent on killing him, he still considers himself his friend/rival and that his life is still worth something to him.

Cool Points in the Chapter:
Page 4: The Energy Ball.
Very cool. Especially when we zoom out and we see just how massive the thing is.

Page 8: A Friendly Shake? (Not sure how to phrase that)
It's nice to see the two in a friendly embrace as opposed to the the kind where one false move and you get a hole in your chest, or a ball of chakra in your gut that'll rip your insides apart. From the looks of their clothing, this must have been during their Academy days, some time before the events in Chapter 1.

Page 10-11 Ray of Light
Very nice touch with the circle of light gradually shrinking in size until the clouds cover everything. Like some of you have said, its a classic way to depict the death, or in this case, "death" of a hero.

Page 12: A New Fate
The defining moment of Sasuke's new destiny in life. No more will he be regarded as a Konoha Leaf nin. No more will he be the pride of a fallen clan. Now there will only be the avenger.

Page 16: Face to Face
Yaoi fic writers are going to have a field day with this scene.
Personally, I like to think of this as Sasuke acknowledging Naruto's sacrifice for him.

Page 18: The Fruits of my Labor
I feel sorry for Kakashi. I bet he never counted on this ever happening between his own team. One "dead" at the hands of his teammate who's probably long gone by now, and the other still in Konoha with the hope that maybe everything will turn out ok.

All in all, a very entertaining chapter.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 15:02   Link #69
Hokage Ace

Sasuke at the end didn't want to kill Naruto either I think, look at pafe 2 and you will see Sasuke bent his fingers inward when he hit naruto and that is why his hand did not penetrate his body. when you use chidory, you're supposed to cut through the body with the fingers extended.
Hokage Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 15:03   Link #70
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemokrad
something) and he jumps through the woods again together with our PURRRI PURRRRRRI friend Pakkun.
Just FYI, its PUNI PUNI.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 15:10   Link #71
dsn2k

sad shot at the end, naruto never had the heart to try and kill Sasuke.

I think that got to Sasuke pretty bad.
dsn2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 15:11   Link #72
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Whew! What a chapter!

The other reason I like and am inclined to agree with more is that Naruto purposely decreased the power of the rasengan, so that it would not permanently injure Sasuke. Naruto is all about proving himself and any points he feels should be made. Remember the fight with Zabuza and his insistence that he regain his headband? He knew he would get injured by rushing Zabuza, but the point had to be made: He was a Konoha ninja and the future Hokage of the Leaf. I believe Naruto took what Sasuke said on the hospital rooftop to heart. The notion that Naruto did not have what it took to even lay a finger on Sasuke's forehead must have been quite a hit on Naruto's pride since he's always considered himself Sasuke's equal, and at times his better. Even when most of the time it's the other way around.

I like the idea that right before Naruto striked Sasuke, he thought about Sasuke's words on the rooftop and wanted to prove that, yes, he is his equal, even if Sasuke or anyone else would say otherwise, and that even after all of that transpired between the two, most notably Sasuke's intent on killing him, he still considers himself his friend/rival and that his life is still worth something to him.

Im with you in this one..and i was totally forgetting about the rooftop part were Sasuke was babling about how Naruto couldn't Lay a Finger in his forehead...

And its posible that NAruto is dead...i was thinking about Tsunade and The neckless...i She gave him the neckless and the Kiss....so ...i wonder....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokage Ace
Sasuke at the end didn't want to kill Naruto either I think, look at pafe 2 and you will see Sasuke bent his fingers inward when he hit naruto and that is why his hand did not penetrate his body. when you use chidory, you're supposed to cut through the body with the fingers extended.

I dont think so, his lust for revenge its way bigger than anything, he might fell sorry for it after doing this...you say he made the Chidori and his hand did not pierce, but we dont know wath kind of damage this Black Chidori Does, or, Maybe because Naruto went for the head, Sasuke Trying to avoided made him miss... dunno..

Last edited by Rurik; 2004-10-01 at 15:26.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 15:17   Link #73
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Naruto can't be dead. Remember what happened with Haku and Sasuke that definitly looked like he was dead but in the next chapter Sasuke did come back. I thought it would have been better if Sasuke did die.However if Naruto DOES die then I won't know what to say other then "Wow completely unexpected....Now what's gonna happen to the series?"
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 15:17   Link #74
zarkand

I am glad that this arc is over or atleast near over. I have many ideas on what could happen, too bad 99% of them are crap. I just hope we get a resolution on whether or not Naruto is alive, dead or dead but relives thanks to on the spot medical attention, I rather not see them go through a whole chapter just to end without really knowing.
zarkand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 15:25   Link #75
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It's good that contrary to what the last chapter seemed to show both Sasuke and Naruto hit each other and not their jutsu, I think we're yet to see what really happened in this sphere of chakra (which showed the influence of Otomo on Kishimoto btw ^^) created by the encounter of their attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Page 8: A Friendly Shake? (Not sure how to phrase that)
It's nice to see the two in a friendly embrace as opposed to the the kind where one false move and you get a hole in your chest, or a ball of chakra in your gut that'll rip your insides apart. From the looks of their clothing, this must have been during their Academy days, some time before the events in Chapter 1.
I don't think it was a flashback, the border of the page isn't black as when it's the case.
It was rather a representation of what was their friendship not something which really happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokage Ace
That was rather due to the armor of chakra of the Kyubi all around Naruto I think.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 15:30   Link #76
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter

That was rather due to the armor of chakra of the Kyubi all around Naruto I think.
Yeah that migth be also the reason...
i just say After Wath we have seen the last few months i doubt that sasuke, did not want to kill naruto to gain wath he is loking for..
Old 2004-10-01, 15:52   Link #77
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Did anyone notice if Sasuke's head protector was still there when Kakashi got to Naruto? If he left it, it could mean he ain't never comin' back, or "don't lose this, I'll be back for it, dobe." If he took it with him, it could also mean he is coming back, or "forget Orochimaru, I'm striking out on my own."

Then again, that Naruto on the ground could be Kage Bunshin...
EfrainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 15:55   Link #78
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfrainMan
Did anyone notice if Sasuke's head protector was still there when Kakashi got to Naruto? If he left it, it could mean he ain't never comin' back, or "don't lose this, I'll be back for it, dobe." If he took it with him, it could also mean he is coming back, or "forget Orochimaru, I'm striking out on my own."
Impossible to see, the head protector is on the other side of the head of Naruto.
But I don't think Sasuke kept it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 16:26   Link #79
ShadowGuyver

I thought this chapter was a bit weak.
First, I was counting on the rasengan to blow sasuke's face off with some fancy animation.
Second, I wouldn't be content with just "putting a scratch" on someone's forehead protector.
Naruto's already proven that he can catch sasuke's jaw with his fist multiple times.
Heck, sasuke never put a scratch on naruto's headband, doesn't mean jack shit.
Third, Naruto sounds like a hypocrit now about bring sasuke back, doing whatever it takes, breaking every bone in his body, blah blah blah.
If he really was serious about going all the way, why didn't he pull out gamabunta? or why did he tone down the rasengan just enough to scratch a piece of metal?

And is it just me, but did anyone else miss the part where it confirms the death of Chouji?
I was under the impression that Chouji was just piss tired.

And how the hell are you people saying this is the end of this arc?
There's so much crap left hanging and so much unexplained incidences it'll take another 3 chapters to finish tieing everything up.
ShadowGuyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 16:31   Link #80
ryno2410

I really liked the symbolism of that scratch across the head protector. Itachi and Kisame both wore head protectors that had a scratch across them, and I like how Sasuke was depicted as having his have a scratch across it now
ryno2410 is offline   Reply With Quote