AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 37 36.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 37.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-22, 00:14   Link #41
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Especially the insert song they slipped in during the first half of the episode.
Yeah, that was about the most unnecessary thing in the show to date.
Old 2012-11-22, 00:16   Link #42
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
There are two more pages of "holy places" in and around Otsu. Look here for pics of the shrine where Rikka prayed for better math marks; the scene where Yuuta gave her a new mail address; the scene by the rail tracks where Isshiki lost the notebook and Rikka held Yuuta's hand; Rikka's grandparents' house, etc. Look here for pics of the school and the club room.
*Scratched head... They put a flag saying Rikka was here
Old 2012-11-22, 02:02   Link #43
Shadow5YA

You know, Yuuta's gun armband was kind of neat. I actually think a lot of his chuuni toys are pretty creative compared to Rikka's, like the fluorescent light pyramid.
Old 2012-11-22, 02:20   Link #44
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Holy shit, this show is awesome. It actually deals with development on top of cute and funny. The insert song was nice as well, can't wait to see that later on.
Old 2012-11-22, 03:49   Link #45
Itlandm
Porcupine

The end scene there? She was probably thinking of painting a pentagram on his forehead with her magic marker. ^_^
These kids are entirely too cute.
Old 2012-11-22, 04:36   Link #46
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I think I understand why the drama has less punch than expected. This is a romantic comedy, but for one reason or another the reason for Rikka chuunibyou is on the dramatic side. So what they try to do is kept the drama short and more symbolic. I for one think that seeing how Rikka view that fight is better than seeing Touka just keep hitting her. Make no mistake, I still think that the story for the drama part is weaker than I'd like. But I think I see why it turned out this way.

After that though it's all great stuff. The romance is coming along nicely. Rikka is certain but unaware of her feeling, and Yuuta is awared but isn't sure of his feeling. I really like every little interaction they did that just keep moving them another step closer, but not quite there yet. Maybe it's because of my personal background, but I much prefer this kind of romantic story over the just-confess-and-kiss-already that many seems to be asking for. This is the type of stories than put a smile on my face, not a palm on my forehead.
Old 2012-11-22, 04:38   Link #47
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Rikka somehow finds the way to melt my heart each episode with something.

Arty

PS: Shinka still has more potential...

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-22, 04:53   Link #48
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

My heart couldn't take this episode.
Old 2012-11-22, 05:05   Link #49
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I think I understand why the drama has less punch than expected. This is a romantic comedy, but for one reason or another the reason for Rikka chuunibyou is on the dramatic side. So what they try to do is kept the drama short and more symbolic. I for one think that seeing how Rikka view that fight is better than seeing Touka just keep hitting her. Make no mistake, I still think that the story for the drama part is weaker than I'd like. But I think I see why it turned out this way.
Yes, it feels like the drama around her chuunibyou origin serves more of an explanation than to really focus on it like animes that either drown you with drama elements or want to heavily appeal to the emotions (aka Key). To be honest, when I read love comedy, I don't really expect drama to begin with. The very, very few love comedies I know (mostly Visual Novels) are extremely light-hearted and contain as good as no drama.

My personal bias says "the less drama the better for me" while some posts on this while forum are more the opposite (current episode of Sakurasou Pet-na kanojo)
Old 2012-11-22, 05:51   Link #50
MasterVampire

I see it now.

This is going to be like alot of other shows where the love confession / kiss happens in the very last episode.

Hate that...
Old 2012-11-22, 05:59   Link #51
Mubyoshi

What the eff man!? Rikka's too damn cute!
Old 2012-11-22, 06:12   Link #52
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Misopportunity damn it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Images
three little sisters
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Let as dicuss how to capture our oni-chan :3

Old 2012-11-22, 08:24   Link #53
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

The transmission between the serious tone of the beginning of the episode and the the forced comedy with the side characters just felt too jarring to me.
Old 2012-11-22, 08:28   Link #54
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so rikka went emotional delusion attack on her sister give her sister just knock slap sense that can't change past & try to accept reality cue yuuta stop the battle cue rikka running away.

yuuta follow rikka to train back home while rest doing fireworks, back rub, & oh tomoki jr failed try alone time with kumin.

so yuuta & rikka back home but rikka can't enter her home so spend the night at yuuta with looking his weapons, have food, hand sign draw, & look like rikka is slowing fallen for yuuta?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2012-11-22, 08:44   Link #55
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Touka needs to go harder on Rikka next time. lul

And I know I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but the development for Yuuta x Rikka just feels so weird to me. It's like I don't even want it to happen, even though I, and probably everyone else, knew from the beginning that it would happen.
Old 2012-11-22, 08:44   Link #56
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Staff comments!
Episode Director/Storyboarder Rika Oota:
Quote:
This is Oota, the storyboarder and director for this episode.

Now then, the exciting part has come! It's the 8th episode! I was extremely nervous working on it!!

This was an important episode! Rikka had to frantically think about her sister and house! (Ah, she wasn't thinking about "onee-chan" though) The young girl frantically is falling in love! (Ah, she's still a young girl though)

All these thoughts kept coming into me and my chest started to hurt. (laughs) I'm full already!

If this episode made everyone else's chest start to firm up, be a little startled, and harden, I'd be awfully happy! Thank you very much for watching....☆
In-Between Checker Naoko Fujita:
Quote:
This is In-check Fujita.

This episode's tale continues from episode 7. We hope you enjoyed watching it.

Fireworks, sunburn, watermelon...There were a lot of summer images. (though the watermelon was only on screen for a blink)

Each time you watch it, you'll discover new things. Yuuta...has a lot of dangerous weapons doesn't he? Rikka...has just eaten her first onigiri from a convenience store?!

The seeds of love are starting to bloom within Rikka. Well, I hope you enjoy what's to come after this!

And also....hang in there Isshiki! (laughs) ← I always think this.
Photographer Ryuuta Nakagami:
Quote:
I'm Nakagami and I was in charge of photography for episode 8.

The relationship between Rikka and Yuuta was certainly on our minds for this episode and the second half of the show. We made a puppy love filter to put over certain scenes for this and that. Please watch and have your heart race.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-11-22, 08:49   Link #57
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
For me the ep was very well done - didn't mind the insert song, I thought it fit into the overall picture very nicely.

I gave the ep a 8 out of 10 vote.

Yes - Rikka is kawaii, but I found myself in a way feeling empathy for her sister as well. She is obviously hurting as well.
Old 2012-11-22, 08:55   Link #58
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

I had a high expectation watching the preview and it blew it away being a lot better.

Rikka always amazes me in a lot of ways. I think my otome heart was melting with the RikkaxYuuta scenes. Especially when she was watching (Romeo&Juliet?) and afterwards how cutely shy Yuuta was. The whole "Don't go..." gets me everytime <3 Plus the whole "Yuuta scent" scene followed by her "doki doki" moments trying to sleep.

Finally the very scene, when she went into Yuuta's room, I had such an otome moment wanting her to give Yuuta an unknow kiss. But it could be she is just admiring him and wondering what these feelings are. Or she's going to draw on him again XD
Old 2012-11-22, 09:56   Link #59
Irisu
フフリ

I cringed the whole time they talked about past, future, reality, etc.

At least the second half made up for it. And finally, yes, romance development.
Old 2012-11-22, 10:23   Link #60
garbage

very good episode really liked it. Started out really sad, some difference > before it was really funny and the fights were cool whenever Rikka goes on her chu2 battles, but this time it was so sad & tragic,especially since the fight still looked cool. Liked how Yuuta stood up for Rikka there. good thing too since I felt that it was kinda getting violent and out of hand.

2nd part seems to be the beginning of romance between the two, it's kinda cute how they were having those feelings but not knowing what it is due to inexperience. Rikka was especially cute there. Everything tho is still against the background/atmosphere of Rikka's problems.

My only concern is, the transition from those tragic feeling of family loss to romance in one episode can be a bit jarring(?) or questionable. In-universe it makes you question Is yuuta just feeling this way because of pity, and for rikka just another form of escape>those would not be good developments IMO. in way the developments seem to reflect those points a bit. Well maybe the show would address those issues later,might even be part of the plot.

All in all GOOD Episode
Closed Thread