AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-22, 07:43   Link #41681
Eratas123

@ Demi - But does it bump into anything? Having a theoretical weakness isn't the same as having an actual weakness as far as story goes. Sure Iceman COULD be weakened by fire, but if you place him in the north pole then that matters jack all.
Old 2013-04-22, 07:54   Link #41682
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well he's on the ground. He rarely goes mach 3 at all. Think of it as the last resort. He has no problems maintaining 1.6 to 1.8 though.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 07:56   Link #41683
Eratas123

Then good luck.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:00   Link #41684
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I know. I'm looking for my asbestos suit right now

What's worse is that they shred right through the cannonball fast security and students. They only get stopped when they idiotically pick a fight with Tatenashi and Squall. =)) but even then they're not being curbstomped
Old 2013-04-22, 08:04   Link #41685
Eratas123

One story at a time:/ Seriously; its one thing to update multiple stories, but its different talking and then moving from story to story.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:10   Link #41686
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, I move from a story when I'm coc-I mean met a writer's block.

Once again, sometimes there are discrepancy between claims and what happened.

Gospel is cited as "Next gen I.S." on paper, not some godlike being that took entire harem ensemble and deus ex machina to defeat.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:13   Link #41687
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's for cosmic and stratos. Have to finish testing my brother's new game then I'ma get on working on cake eater. That is if I can find my own work satisfactory. My FS/N fic doesn't seem to suffer this problem.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:29   Link #41688
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Popping this one here:

Spoiler for Tsurugi:
Old 2013-04-22, 08:35   Link #41689
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Nah, during battle it's hardly the fastest (barely above speed of sound). It's just that Gospel dodges VERY well, far above most I.S. certainly.

This one is made to go as fast as possible, and not even AkaTsubaki can match it in second shift (ByakuShiki on the other hand, can)
.... huh? I thought Akatsubaki is fastest IS? (Double ignition doesn't count... it is more like Burst speed/double dashing in games)
Old 2013-04-22, 09:00   Link #41690
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I did say nitpicking, didn't I? Oh wait, canon and fanon.

In canon: AkaTsubaki can morph it's own frame to choose between full speed or full mobility. On the other hand, with inexperienced Houki on board and being technically imperfect at the time, it's a lightning bruiser, but hardly the fastest or the most mobile unit during the battle.

ByakuShiki already got raw power more than any other I.S., it's correct however that the D.I.B. move are essential because it turned ByakuShiki from "FAST!" to "****ING FAST!"

In fanon: This I.S. is more or less a counterpart to ByakuShiki, especially when both of them are in second shift. So imperfect AkaTsubaki can't catch up.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:02   Link #41691
Eratas123

Question: If someone did a very painful experiment on you out of simple curiosity, would you be able to find yourself to forgive them?
Old 2013-04-22, 09:05   Link #41692
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As a man with certified medical knowledge

No.

Fucking. No.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:06   Link #41693
Eratas123

Really? Even if they apologize or your parents/peers ask you to?
Old 2013-04-22, 09:10   Link #41694
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

> Painful experiment

> Curiosity

Key words here, scientist regularly do something like that... and hardly respected.

On the other hand, they do a lot of stuff that's painful and do a lasting damage, physically or mentally. If it's for greater purpose and within consent of the test subject, it's actually considered admirable feat.

Hmm, have I told you about a scientist that brainwash a baby to fear the color white for the rest of his life because he's curious? Would you forgive him?

Sorry, I guess I'm too fired up about it because it's a field I'm excelling at
Old 2013-04-22, 09:14   Link #41695
Eratas123

Yes, I know the baby Albert experiment, so you don't have to cap the entire sentence.

In retrospect, lets make it more specific: Two kids. One kid does something akin to an experiment because he's/she's curious about something from the other kid. Said experiment turns painful unintentionally.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:17   Link #41696
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Once again, I apologize. If I was the other kid, it will take time forgive the other, depending on how painful and how long the damage last.

For example, something like pinching probably will take a day or two at the worst point.

Anyway, Yoshi/Chifuyu/Iori scene would look like this... xcept they're 14

And Iori is the damsel, not the other hero
Old 2013-04-22, 09:17   Link #41697
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Don't really get the whole thing but I let it slide.

A unit that is faster than Akatsubaki, I can get it but Byakushiki being the only unit capable of catching up....huh?.

However, I will take it that Second Shift Byakushiki in your story is optimized for speed.

(Additional Note: Wouldn't it be better for them to plan how to deal with an extremely fast unit than to have Byakushiki being the only unit capable of catching up?)

Quote:
Question: If someone did a very painful experiment on you out of simple curiosity, would you be able to find yourself to forgive them?
Depend on how severe the experiment is and the victim's personality
Old 2013-04-22, 09:29   Link #41698
Eratas123

Final addition: Has a personality similar to Tabane:/
Old 2013-04-22, 10:03   Link #41699
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'm going back to lurk mode until I have some actual finished material. I won't tackle Metal Gear Chifuyu for a while (at least until I can function properly while looking at that gorgeously tight rear of hers for more than 15 seconds ).

(Un)Fortunately, my latest one-shot has Chifyu and Ichi heading out to Yamada's since their house AC is broken and the trio heads to a lake to cool off. One thing leads to another and... om-nom-nom-nom. ><

Working on 'Graduation' too. I might rename the 'Her Cake' fic into 'In A Word...' and just throw the one-shots based off single words that I come up with into it. Better than having 5 different one-shots scattered around FFNET.

I need to keep away from Zero/Blitz's rendition of Madoka anyway, she's gotten so very tempting as of late...
Old 2013-04-22, 10:08   Link #41700
Eratas123

Uh, that rear is made of plastic and carbon fiber:/ Granted, its finely shaped plastic and carbon fiber, but still....

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest