AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-14, 01:56   Link #2281
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

I predict a Madoka-Mami finals. That is if the PMMM faction still decides to pick a former Saimoe champion, in the Mami-Sayaka match. In any case, as much as I prefer Mami more than any of the PMMM girls, I want Godoka to win this and it seems to me it's leaning that way.
Old 2013-11-14, 06:59   Link #2282
AP24

My thoughts on the Final 16 matches:
1. Kyouko won as expected from the 2011 runner-up. Sawa did pretty well for a character from a series that only had one season.
2. Too bad Kobato and Tsukiko were against each other since I liked them both. Both are lolis and voiced by Kana Hanazawa and Yui Ogura who are known for voicing quite some moe characters. That’s it for Haganai this year though it might be back again in Saimoe if there will be another season. Tsukiko is the only Hentai Ouji character left.
3. A return match between Ayase and Madoka. Back in round 2, Ayase had very slightly more votes than Madoka and Madoka Magica votes were split between Madoka and Homura. This time it was only between Ayase and Madoka so it was no surprise that Madoka won.
4. Just like in 2011 Kuroneko got into the top 8 again and like last year Akarin failed again to get into the top 8. Kuroneko is the only OreImo character and the only Kana Hanazawa character left.
5. This is the third rematch between Mokkan and TOSHINOU KYOUKO. Kyouko beat Tomoka in the preliminaries by slight difference and Tomoka beat Kyouko in round 2 by slight difference too. I expected this would be a close match again which turned out to be true. I was hoping Tomoka would win because she was my favorite Kana Hanazawa character this year but she will be back with the other Ro-Kyu-Bu characters in next year’s Saimoe (there will be more lolis next year). Kyouko is the only Yuru Yuri character left.
6. I was hoping Azuki Azusa would win so that she can join Tsukiko in the Top 8 and she was one of my favorite moe characters this year. I guess Watashi’s popularity as a moe character still hasn’t faded much.
7. Mami won as expected from the 2011 champion. With Miho’s lost that’s it for Girls und Panzer this year, though its characters should be back next year.
8. Sayaka won as expected, I guess she was too much for Yoshino. I actually liked Yoshino better than Sayaka so I was sad to see her losing. Looks like AST finally got rid of Yoshino (you would get the joke if you had watched Date A Live) but she will be back with other DAL characters in next year’s tournament.

For the Kyouko vs. Tsukiko match, people assume that Kyouko will win because she was the 2011 runner-up and a Madoka Magica character. However Tsukiko shouldn’t be underestimated because she beat Toki who was the 2012 champion and had proven to be the strongest Yui Ogura character this year. I am rooting for Tsukiko or this match.
Old 2013-11-14, 07:06   Link #2283
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for BoBA QF 1 Odds:
Old 2013-11-14, 07:14   Link #2284
Team Rocket Elite

Qf1: Sakura Kyouko vs Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko

End of the line for Tsukiko. She already lost to Kuroneko earler and now she faces the Puella Magi that eliminated Kuroneko in the Quarterfinals two years ago. Tsukiko is the only character to make the top 8 who didn't finish in the top 3 of her preliminary group so she's done quite well. However, unless someone shows a sign of fighting back, I still consider Puella Magis as the guaranteed winner when against a non-Puella Magi. Kyouko's victory will be the 16th straight win for Madoka Magica.

Vote:
Sakura Kyouko

Prediction:
Sakura Kyouko
Old 2013-11-14, 10:03   Link #2285
hinakatbklyn

(Why S. Kyouko?) My first thought is Kyouko will win since no PMMM has lost a 1-on-1 match outside of facing each other.

(Why Tsukiko?) 252 votes (second most) in the top 16 which is alittle more than Mami. And still found a way to win her previous match convincingly, even though Kobato also ended up with more than 200 votes. (And if she does find a way to win, she is hoping her other neko rival Ruri is still around for the semis so she can settle the score, since she originally was leading the 3rd round match by 11 votes before the lost votes gave Ruri the win.)

Tsukiko is also hoping Kyouko having less than 200 votes is her actual strength and not just an off day for her.

* If all else fails.....

Spoiler for Hen-neko:

I gave S. Kyouko my support back in 2011. This time, I'm giving Tsukiko my support. Nyaa!!!
Old 2013-11-14, 10:17   Link #2286
ion475
にこにこにー

Time for Final 8...

Well, not really a match IMO today. MadoMagi simply crush everyone in their way while Tsukiko, while not the weakest girl, is not exactly close to MadoMagi level either.

At the end of the day, Kyouko-KYOUKO final is more likely than Tsukiko even getting 1/2 of the vote that Sakura Kyouko will get.

Pick: Tsukiko, Predict: Kyouko.
Old 2013-11-14, 11:36   Link #2287
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Tsukiko, make a contract. Kyouko is the best Madoka girl besides Homura
Old 2013-11-14, 11:56   Link #2288
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Prediction- Kyouko
Pick- Kyouko
Old 2013-11-14, 13:21   Link #2289
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

This makes the 3rd (or is it the 4th?) year in a row with disgusting results and single series domination. It's kind of hard to even see any of the girls being voted because of their moe merits when one series is dominating every other character. Well, I knew it never was about the moe, but it would be nice if the voters made that fact a little less blatant.

It is ironic that the only MadoMagi girl I support is the only one eliminated. She's supposed to be the most popular too, so what gives.
Old 2013-11-14, 13:54   Link #2290
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
This makes the 3rd (or is it the 4th?) year in a row with disgusting results and single series domination. It's kind of hard to even see any of the girls being voted because of their moe merits when one series is dominating every other character. Well, I knew it never was about the moe, but it would be nice if the voters made that fact a little less blatant.

It is ironic that the only MadoMagi girl I support is the only one eliminated. She's supposed to be the most popular too, so what gives.
My favorite's been Madoka since the day I saw her during the first episode
Old 2013-11-14, 14:19   Link #2291
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Admittedly, I'm more into characters that tread into grey territory with complexity backed behind their every motive. And loyalty.

I find a character that risks life and limb to save some one they cherish more endearing than a character that tries to save everyone. Overly idealistic characters that make actions based on whats "right" and seldomly (if ever) take their own feelings into account; rarely invoke any kind of positive feeling from me.

So yes, I'll take the cold and aloof antagonist over the warm and friendly protagonist any day of the week.
Old 2013-11-14, 15:19   Link #2292
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Admittedly, I'm more into characters that tread into grey territory with complexity backed behind their every motive. And loyalty.

I find a character that risks life and limb to save some one they cherish more endearing than a character that tries to save everyone.
So you don't find anything endearing about a character trying to help other people in general? In my view, that's admirable, and something that a character should be appreciated for.

Quote:
Overly idealistic characters that make actions based on whats "right" and seldomly (if ever) take their own feelings into account; rarely invoke any kind of positive feeling from me.
It's "overly idealistic" to just want to do what's right, and to try to help other people in general? In my view, that's simply being a good person.

Quote:
So yes, I'll take the cold and aloof antagonist over the warm and friendly protagonist any day of the week.
So is it better for people to be cold and aloof, or to be warm and friendly? In the context of moe, I would definitely find warm/friendly to be "more moe".
Old 2013-11-14, 17:53   Link #2293
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So you don't find anything endearing about a character trying to help other people in general? In my view, that's admirable, and something that a character should be appreciated for.

It's "overly idealistic" to just want to do what's right, and to try to help other people in general? In my view, that's simply being a good person.

So is it better for people to be cold and aloof, or to be warm and friendly? In the context of moe, I would definitely find warm/friendly to be "more moe".
He's more of a Feito person, I'm more of a Nanoha person. It was predetermined which girl in PMMM would get our support xP That's pretty much all there is to it xP I mean, in his case, the aloof and cold antagonist is Homura and Feito. Both of them lasted like that for, what, 10 episodes? Then they went all moe moe kyun whenever their yuri interest was in the vicinity
Old 2013-11-14, 19:41   Link #2294
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I just don't feel a character who's pre-determined quality is helping those in need is all that interesting. You know what they're going to do, and there won't be any speed bumps along that path. When they fail, it's only because they failed to make a choice and was unable to save anyone (let alone everyone) in the process. That's not to say they have to be a cold-hearted person for me to like them, but when a character is equally bubbly and self-sacfificing to everyone regardless of how ingrained that person is in their life; I lose interest. It's not normal or natural to love everyone equally.

Quote:
It's the right thing to help other people, but at what cost? The extremities some characters go for a person they just met is the route of my issue with them. That's God's job, not the job of a sentient being.

Quote:
In the context of moe, I'd say a good mix between the two would be optimal. That's exactly what the kuudere arch-type tries to convey, anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
He's more of a Feito person, I'm more of a Nanoha person. It was predetermined which girl in PMMM would get our support xP That's pretty much all there is to it xP I mean, in his case, the aloof and cold antagonist is Homura and Feito. Both of them lasted like that for, what, 10 episodes? Then they went all moe moe kyun whenever their yuri interest was in the vicinity
That's exactly it though, Fate and Homura are only moe-moe Kyun to their romantic interest best friend; it's business as usual to them for everyone else. Though Homura tends to be more cold to anyone not named Madoka, but they're still both well within range of the character-type I like. Mikasa from SnK is another example.

Last edited by Demi.; 2013-11-14 at 20:10.
Old 2013-11-14, 19:59   Link #2295
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:

That's exactly it though, Fate and Homura are only moe-moe Kyun to their romantic interest best friend; it's business as usual to them for everyone else. Though Homura tends to be more cold to anyone not named Madoka, but they're still both well within range of the character-type I like. Mikasa from KnJ is another example.
Nah, I didn't disagree with you, Feito is my close second favorite and Homuhomu ties with Kyouko after Madoka. And lol at the crossout, might as well have said it outright, we all know it's true
Old 2013-11-14, 20:35   Link #2296
Hachiko
The Akita

55-29, Kyouko S. Wow. Tsukiko calling it quits this round.
Old 2013-11-14, 21:07   Link #2297
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I just don't feel a character who's pre-determined quality is helping those in need is all that interesting. You know what they're going to do, and there won't be any speed bumps along that path. When they fail, it's only because they failed to make a choice and was unable to save anyone (let alone everyone) in the process. That's not to say they have to be a cold-hearted person for me to like them, but when a character is equally bubbly and self-sacfificing to everyone regardless of how ingrained that person is in their life; I lose interest. It's not normal or natural to love everyone equally.
I get your point here, and I'm inclined to agree with it. Although I would argue that even a lot of your all-purpose "do-gooders" do show some normal favoritism. I think that Madoka cares more about her friends than she does Joe or Jane Average, and the same is true of Nanoha.

But certainly there can be cases where it might feel like they don't prioritize enough, and so I can understand that not resonating with you, in fairness.

I also get the appeal of somebody who is passionately loyal and committed to one specific person. That appeals to the old-fashioned romantic in me, I must admit.

(I'd argue you get the best of both worlds with Sayaka Miki, that being one of the reasons I like her a lot )

So my reply to you was more to defend "do-gooders" than to attack what you like, since I like it as well.

Quote:
In the context of moe, I'd say a good mix between the two would be optimal. That's exactly what the kuudere arch-type tries to convey, anyways.
Yeah, a little bit of a mixture of the two is always good.
Old 2013-11-14, 21:34   Link #2298
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for bad touch.:
Old 2013-11-15, 02:50   Link #2299
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:

I find a character that risks life and limb to save some one they cherish more endearing than a character that tries to save everyone. Overly idealistic characters that make actions based on whats "right" and seldomly (if ever) take their own feelings into account; rarely invoke any kind of positive feeling from me.

Sayaka is interesting in this regard, since she basically tries to be that ideal protagonist character, but fails spectacularly.

Have you seen or have you been spoiled regarding the new PMMM movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
I actually prefer Nanoha to Fate and Homura to Madoka.
Old 2013-11-15, 04:26   Link #2300
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Sayaka is interesting in this regard, since she basically tries to be that ideal protagonist character, but fails spectacularly.

Have you seen or have you been spoiled regarding the new PMMM movie?
I read the spoilers, it was mostly in regards to Homura, though.
Quote:
I actually prefer Nanoha to Fate and Homura to Madoka.
Well, none of them are too much alike, though Homura/Fate and Madoka/Nanoha have similarities.

Fate is special to me, I've been a fan for several years.

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament