AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 02:38   Link #381
Yushi

XD Luke is like a tsundere guy. Usually kinda hostile/bratty but has his good moments, which he quickly covers up with a "don't get the wrong idea!"
I have a feeling if Luke was a girl, he'll be a lot more popular. (since everyone seems to like tsundere girls)
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 02:47   Link #382
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
I have a feeling if Luke was a girl, he'll be a lot more popular. (since everyone seems to like tsundere girls)
Well, genderbending has become quite popular as of late. It wouldn't be that strange to come across an image of "Luka-chan" in the future.
Old 2008-10-06, 02:51   Link #383
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Actually, I found Luke to be a breath of fresh air. He isn't the usual silent or emo, or goody-two-shoes protagonist that you would expect to star in a typical JRPG. He's an ass. Now there is a limit of course, but ah, I think I should leave it at that before I spoil anything unintentionally.

Heck, Luke was the #2 favorite character in Namco's poll the last time I checked—even beating Jade. (Leon is still #1 of course.) And there was this one poll conducted by a magazine that was separated by categories, and if I'm not mistaken Luke got #1 for hero, with Tear as #1 heroine—a rare moment wherein Leon got beaten.

I'm not so sure now with Tales of Vesperia, but yes, Tales of the Abyss is still one of the more popular Tales games right now.
Well, there's a gap between the western versus Japan's opinion on Luke's character from beginning to the end. The former just wants to sock him in the face (( especially in the 2nd half )), while the latter wants to give him a hug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
XD Luke is like a tsundere guy. Usually kinda hostile/bratty but has his good moments, which he quickly covers up with a "don't get the wrong idea!"
You know what they say.
Tsundere girls = moe~.
Tsundere boys = assholes.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 02:58   Link #384
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, there's a gap between the western versus Japan's opinion on Luke's character from beginning to the end. The former just wants to sock him in the face (( especially in the 2nd half )), while the latter wants to give him a hug.
Well, I've heard from a good number of Luke fans from this side of the world (and by "this side of the world," I mean "this side of the internet"), but yeah that seems to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
You know what they say.
Tsundere girls = moe~.
Tsundere boys = assholes.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 03:00   Link #385
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Actually, I found Luke to be a breath of fresh air. He isn't the usual silent or emo, or goody-two-shoes protagonist that you would expect to star in a typical JRPG. He's an ass. Now there is a limit of course, but ah, I think I should leave it at that before I spoil anything unintentionally.
Spoiler for Spoilerish?:

For typical JRPG protagonist, I don't think silent, emo or goody two shoes are the typical ones. I would say, those who gets mysterious past of some sorts are

Quote:
I'm not so sure now with Tales of Vesperia, but yes, Tales of the Abyss is still one of the more popular Tales games right now.
Spoiler for OT and Spoilerish? About TOV:

Quote:
There are a lot of guys in the story. I mean, it's almost as if Namco had a fujoshi writing the story from the sidelines just to cater to the female fanbase.
Vouch one for that Although there is another reason of why there are a lot of fujoshis in Tales Fandom...

Quote:
Well, genderbending has become quite popular as of late. It wouldn't be that strange to come across an image of "Luka-chan" in the future.
Dear, Daniel E., you just jinxed the fandom. And I shall present you, RuKo-CHAN!!

*runs away from Tomatoes*

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2008-10-06 at 03:04. Reason: Added Ruko-chan picture :p
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 03:02   Link #386
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

What the fuck, I need to get my download client back working ASAP
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 03:04   Link #387
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Vouch one for that Although there is another reason of why there are a lot of fujoshis in Tales Fandom...
Well, there's Guy and his gynophobia... I mean seriously, gynophobia? And that shot of Luke and Asch in the ED? I call that "bait."

So I might regret asking this...

What other reason is there?
Old 2008-10-06, 03:16   Link #388
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Well, there's Guy and his gynophobia... I mean seriously, gynophobia? And that shot of Luke and Asch in the ED? I call that "bait."

So I might regret asking this...

What other reason is there?
Luke. He himself is the whole reason of fujoshis certain obsession A guy who needs a hug in a series with a lot of (lovable) male characters? Our imagination move so fast that it may exceed normal thinking, dear

Spoiler for Luke and... Asch:

Spoiler for Guy:

For Jade... Well, sadist and maso relationship. Though I have to rephrase it to sadist and Tsundere relationship to fit them

P.S: What I mean by Tales Fandom is not limited to Abyss only. Symphonia get a little or some attention from fujoshis too. Perhaps you don't know, but Innocence have a rabid fujoshi fandoms too TOV gets the attention from both het and BL shippers, so it is a rather balanced Fandom.

Old 2008-10-06, 03:22   Link #389
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
P.S : I wonder where are all the fangirls that is supposed to see this adaptation due to... Ahem, the bait for certain type of fangirls... I'm seeing only "Tear is MOE" and all Tear... Though I really would wait until the anime reached the half-point of the game for some of material for my twisting *Hides certain type of fanarts until the materials are dropped *
I was going to say something but I didn't want to jinx this thread
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 03:41   Link #390
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
A guy who needs a hug in a series with a lot of (lovable) male characters? Our imagination move so fast that it may exceed normal thinking, dear
You're right. It exceeds normal thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
P.S: What I mean by Tales Fandom is not limited to Abyss only. Symphonia get a little or some attention from fujoshis too. Perhaps you don't know, but Innocence have a rabid fujoshi fandoms too TOV gets the attention from both het and BL shippers, so it is a rather balanced Fandom.
Oh, that's to be expected within Tales fandom.

And you know, your answers didn't surprise me in the least.

Spoiler for reaction to Luke and Asch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
Too late. I think I have unwittingly opened Pandora's box.
Old 2008-10-06, 04:35   Link #391
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
You're right. It exceeds normal thinking.
But you still love our kind for that kind of delusional thinking~

Quote:
And you know, your answers didn't surprise me in the least.

Spoiler for reaction to Luke and Asch:
As expected, huh? And female fanbase for TOA in Japan are more delusional than those in this forum Don't even try to get into their bad side if you still want your skin intact, guys

And boy, the description you give for Luke and Asch condition... Well, they fits perfectly seeing all the fanarts I have found for them

Quote:
Too late. I think I have unwittingly opened Pandora's box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Oh, you have not gotten me started on how I ship certain pairing in TOA (which I may do later in certain IRC channel when certain episode has met the requirement. ). I still haven't given the certain fanarts for TOA now since the hints are not enough... YET for shipping case

Spoiler for Natalia Spoiler:

Old 2008-10-06, 04:59   Link #392
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
But you still love our kind for that kind of delusional thinking~
Well... I guess so. Women, you can't live with them, can't live without them. But you fujoshis tend to be crazy sometimes.

Spoiler for off-topic, game-related:
Old 2008-10-06, 05:05   Link #393
TrueKnight

wtf? I just left momentarily and when I'm back this thread is filled with yaoi dellusions nonsense. As a fan I'm enraged and tempted to Mystic Arte'd all of 'em. Even on some of the Tales Forum they're already cleansed by these kind of purgatory and now this. Omg the horror. D:

and guys/girls could you please leave the later game discussions out of this? Most of the new viewers don't even know who Asch is judging only from the OP.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 05:22   Link #394
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

spoiler for Natalia/game
Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 05:23   Link #395
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Oh, you have not gotten me started on how I ship certain pairing in TOA (which I may do later in certain IRC channel when certain episode has met the requirement. ). I still haven't given the certain fanarts for TOA now since the hints are not enough... YET for shipping case
Crisis/Cheesie has already rambled on about her delusions about that pairing in IRC, no more I beg of you!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 05:41   Link #396
kujoe
from head to heel

Oh well, TrueKnight is right though.

The sideline discussion at this point is now bordering on game spoilers. Sorry about that.

As for the yaoi talk, I'm just glad I'm not in Westlo's shoes.
Old 2008-10-06, 05:47   Link #397
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

I am watching it.
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 06:55   Link #398
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Sorry about that, Trueknight But actually I haven't even talked about it, just talk about the fans situation in Japan Though I should leave it there for now until the series progress, so that we don't have any more spoiler related again

And Kujoe, be glad that you are really not Westlo-Hearing/seeing 3 yaoi fangirls in its true fangirling mode out with one's ears and eyes is not healthy for your mind Poor Westlo has suffered the consequence of ridiculing my kinds... XD
Quote:
Crisis/Cheesie has already rambled on about her delusions about that pairing in IRC, no more I beg of you!
I exist to torture you, dear. Don't forget about that. And teaming up with cheese is one of the best way to straighten your delusional thinking of your harem of some sorts... Which I sadly say don't exist.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2008-10-06 at 07:08.
Old 2008-10-06, 08:54   Link #399
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Jade's potential love interest.

Spoiler for big spoiler:
Old 2008-10-06, 10:14   Link #400
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
How's the Osu! fansub? They're a pretty reputable group AFAIK.

Tags
fantasy