AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite(s) To Aru Majutsu no Index Characters
Index 83 18.95%
Kamijo Toma 208 47.49%
Misaka Mikoto 264 60.27%
Shirai Kuroko 81 18.49%
Tsukuyomi Komoe 31 7.08%
Himegami Aisa 36 8.22%
Kanzaki Kaori 107 24.43%
Styl Magnus 35 7.99%
Tsuchimikado Motoharu 65 14.84%
Tsuchimikado Maika 16 3.65%
Accelerator 172 39.27%
Misaka Sisters 60 13.70%
Sister #10032 114 26.03%
Last Order (Sister #20001) 114 26.03%
Kazakiri Hyouka 19 4.34%
Aureolus Izzard 11 2.51%
Misha 23 5.25%
Doctor 42 9.59%
Sphinx 32 7.31%
Others (specify) 46 10.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 438. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-26, 16:52   Link #61
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

The cat is too close to Index, and Index is never far from Touma.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 17:39   Link #62
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Just finished watching Index.

My favorite Character are the Wind Turbines. They didn't talk.
They are capable of ratting on Mikoto however.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 19:10   Link #63
McMilk
*Artist

Wow, super-lesbian-insane-not-so-important-in-first-series-side-character Kuroko is tied with Index! Keep it up Kuroko !!
Old 2010-01-27, 09:02   Link #64
tsunade666

index win by one vote. Though index should be number one being just a side character despite the title of the series.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 11:40   Link #65
kitten320

Accelerator sure is low here.
Old 2011-02-07, 14:41   Link #66
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Misaka Sisters , Misaka 10032 , Accelerator , Index , Last Order , Tsuchimikado Motoharu , Tsuchimikado Maika , Stiyl , Kansaki Kaori , Misaka Mikoto , Angelene , Luccia , Agnese , Awaki Musujime and I think that these are all the characters that I like from both the seasons.

Last edited by Ritsu026; 2011-02-09 at 08:31.
Ritsu026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 15:47   Link #67
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Voted for:

Index
Misaka Mikoto
Misaka 10032
Last Order

Hmm ... I'd have to say that Misaka Mikoto is likely my fave character, although I really like Index too.
Old 2011-03-04, 00:41   Link #68
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Accelerator are losing to Touma? What the-- *votes*
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 06:10   Link #69
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

i cant believe i voted for others instead of accelerator the last time i visit this thread! must be a really long time ago
Old 2011-03-05, 12:35   Link #70
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, after (or during) this season, we will see Accelerator's popularity skyrocket, that's for sure.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 07:21   Link #71
Razziell22

Accelerator!...Kanzaki, Last Order, Misaka, Styl that's all...

Last edited by Razziell22; 2011-05-19 at 20:15.
Razziell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 07:33   Link #72
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Touma, Accel, Kanzaki, Mikoto, Index and Hyouka get my vote.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 03:21   Link #73
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Why is Mikoto so popular?

Excuse me if I sound like I've lived under a rock, but she does not seem to be such a central character in the main story. She appears in just one or two arcs, but yet even her clones are more popular than some characters who get much more exposure and importance.

Did she become this popular after her spinoff? Though, I guess it should be the opposite, since her spinoff was created because she was popular.

In any case, I'm just wondering what people think.
Old 2011-04-14, 03:31   Link #74
Zakoo

As would say Aria in HnA:
"Why does the sun rise? Why does the moon shine?"
Though it's totally unrelated ...

Well whatever, we talked about it recently, firstly because she is a good tsundere chara, and tsundere chara are well liked, that's not new.

Secondly because the other main female hero is ... weeeeeelll .... ahem ... I can't say it, it would be like declaring a war. But y'see what I mean?
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 05:44   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Why is Mikoto so popular?

Excuse me if I sound like I've lived under a rock, but she does not seem to be such a central character in the main story. She appears in just one or two arcs, but yet even her clones are more popular than some characters who get much more exposure and importance.
Actually that's just an illusion; there's no female character that remains the main focus for more than two story arcs, tops. Though Mikoto is central to Touma's Science side story, almost every one of the incident he got involved with is related to Mikoto indirectly like her clones or her Mother.

But that's not what you're asking- The short version of this answer is that people like her interaction with Touma, which is why you'll see when Railgun II comes out, there would be just as many people asking for Touma's appareance as they do for Mikoto's in Index (II).

The shorter version of this answer? Tsundere characters are generally more popular, with certain exceptions.

The shortest version of this answer? Thundere.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 06:34   Link #76
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually that's just an illusion; there's no female character that remains the main focus for more than two story arcs, tops. Though Mikoto is central to Touma's Science side story, almost every one of the incident he got involved with is related to Mikoto indirectly like her clones or her Mother.
That's true, I guess, but she's even much more popular than Touma and Accelerator. I can see the argument for Index, since even though she gets a lot of screen time, she is just...there.

Quote:
The shortest version of this answer? Thundere.
Yeah, that's a good way to put it succinctly.

I never understood the appeal of tsunderes myself but...I guess just being one guarantees a character about 60% of the votes, regardless of anything else she does.
Old 2011-04-14, 07:56   Link #77
outerelf

Quote:
That's true, I guess, but she's even much more popular than Touma and Accelerator. I can see the argument for Index, since even though she gets a lot of screen time, she is just...there.

I never understood the appeal of tsunderes myself but...I guess just being one guarantees a character about 60% of the votes, regardless of anything else she does.
The appeal of a Tsundere (from a female point of view) is that she doesn't have to be a cutesy female who can do everything perfectly- she makes mistakes, and still goes on, generally with a little encouragement.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 13:22   Link #78
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Mah, a female character is generally more popular than her male counterparts; in fact for the male characters, that aren't bishounens, to get any kind of recognition or popularity at all has to be an achievment by itself!

At the same time, don't underestimate Index; despite what people say she still has quite abit of popularity.

Quote:

There's a certain endearing quality with dishonest girls... Plus they're usually more amusing to watch when they get worked up.

There are exceptions of course *cough I.S. cough*.

In my own personal experience, there had only ever been one tsundere character that I dislike- Lousie.
Old 2011-04-14, 13:37   Link #79
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Mah, a female character is generally more popular than her male counterparts; in fact for the male characters, that aren't bishounens, to get any kind of recognition or popularity at all has to be an achievment by itself!
That's what bothers me the most - it's like people care more about looks than about character traits and achievements.

It's still kind of surprising that this distinction does not apply so much to genres other than anime. I mean - really, is Wonder Woman more popular than Superman? Is Catwoman more popular than Batman? Is Leia more popular than Luke?

Quote:
At the same time, don't underestimate Index; despite what people say she still has quite abit of popularity.
I was just going off the results in this poll. I'm pretty sure she is very popular otherwise.
Old 2011-04-14, 14:13   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's what bothers me the most - it's like people care more about looks than about character traits and achievements.

It's still kind of surprising that this distinction does not apply so much to genres other than anime. I mean - really, is Wonder Woman more popular than Superman? Is Catwoman more popular than Batman? Is Leia more popular than Luke?
You can't compare the action of the comic book heroes with Anime in general; in shounen manga series you're find more people favoring male than female characters because the male characters are more prominent- At most there's only ONE strong girl (Lenalee from DGM, Erza from Fairy Tails). However with the romantic or comical oriented series, most shows generally focus their efforts on the female characters and kinda half-assed the guy.

Very few harem leads have enough personality to actually stand out on their own. It's usually the girls that actually make or break the series while they fade into the background.

This is why I count Touma as a 'success'; for good or bad reasons, people will remember him for what he did, instead of just the girls he hang out with.

Quote:
I was just going off the results in this poll. I'm pretty sure she is very popular otherwise.
Popular enough I would say.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-04-14 at 14:24.