AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-20, 07:05   Link #21
katsudon
Part Time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
alot of potential with this one..... altho i dont really like the main hero that much...it is a shonen series neways, so im sure he'll develop some day.
you can find our latest releases on our scanlation website japanzai.

this title is published monthly in Gangan Joker magazine on the 22nd. So, with any luck... I'll probably start translating it a few days afterwards.

Japanzai TL - Working!!, Listen to Papa, Mayo Chiki,Btooom, Ore No XXXXX, Maga-Tsuki, Amagami
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 05:17   Link #22
EroKing

Another generic high school love comedy. Even though the male lead is a bit dense regarding Chiwa's feelings for him, the characters are kinda fun.
Old 2011-09-19, 14:12   Link #23
Mentar
Banned

This setup has _fantastic_ potential. Chapter 4 is out, and I can only say I'm absolutely looking forward to more of this. Too bad that the manga is on monthly serialization only (caught up), and the probability to find a translator willing to start a Baka-Tsuki project on the novel is extremely low...

Still, there are MANY promising new manga serializations out lately. I'm delighted
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 15:16   Link #24
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
hmm... Masuzu sure a sly fox, I want her real life version, for sacrifices to my devil god

And she remind me to a lot of beautiful Ojousama that most of them have similar trait to use their arsenal of natural gift to wronged others....
let see...
1.Kanejou from B Gata H Key
2.Shizuku from Kampfer
3.Masuzu from this series
4.Suzutsuki Kanade from Mayo Chiki!
5.Beelze from Princess Lucia
6.etc

*turn to warlock*
see... Warlock.? when you start attracted to opposite gender, don't choose Ojousama type, they're evil and deceiving by Nature...do you understand?...good
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 16:09   Link #25
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
alot of potential with this one..... altho i dont really like the main hero that much...it is a shonen series neways, so im sure he'll develop some day.
I actually kind of like the male lead. His "heck no" expression is full of win.
Old 2011-09-21, 04:40   Link #26
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Dohoho. It's just been four chapters so far but damn am I liking this a lot.

Still wondering what's up with Masuzu and why she is suddenly latching onto Eita. By the way I'm on Chiwawa's side huehuehue

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 08:47   Link #27
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Still wondering what's up with Masuzu and why she is suddenly latching onto Eita.
Actually, I think I can understand Masuzu perfectly - in fact, I've been in an Eita-like situation for around a month during university days myself. She's standing out so much that fending off unwanted attention, pick-up attempts and confessions becomes bothersome. Therefore, a make-believe linkup with someone makes perfect sense and is much less invasive than rather continuing to be exposed.

Keep in mind that she doesn't dislike Eita at all. The famous "I detest the mere sight of your face" smackdown tirade was only a playful response to "meet his expectations". The "something like that?" smile makes that clear. Yes, her boyfriend ploy is a hoax, but she respects Eita, see "you're different from the other boys". Also, her smile when she commended him on being able to apologize so easily were clearly genuine (which was particularly ironic because Eita misunderstands it to be her "illegal smile casting men into hell")

The beauty of this setup is that with Chiwa's efforts to latch on to Eita, she is essentially forcing Masuzu's hand to keep up her girlfriend facade, and to intensify her playful "dating". Still, Masuzu obviously doesn't mind these activities, if anything, she seems to have fun. And like this, Chiwa becomes the most active proponent in turning Masuzu's fake interest in Eita into something more tangible and real.

So, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of this Normal_Guy/Playful_Troll/Clingy_Osananajimi setup ^_^
Old 2011-09-21, 10:00   Link #28
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Uh, yeah. I pretty much get that now, in the first place the main reason for me asking is to understand what she is doing.

For such a character, I'd like to see her reaction when she gets seriously provoked/challenged/shaken (thus dropping her confidence), though Chiwawa-chan will still have ways to go before I can see visible change in Masuzu's expression. Something that tells her "If this happens I'm going to lose."

Old 2011-10-13, 04:55   Link #29
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Bumping since some of us are spilling talk about this novel in a certain another love polygonals light novel thread, namedly one with a lost butler and a chicken.

Also I do hope bumping is allowed, but I don't know whether I have strong enough of a reasoning to.

Anyway, I took to myself some chances with raws (for the LN), although what I did was just look at the illustrations and try to decipher some things in connection to the plot from there.

And seems that we won't just see Masuzu and Chiwawa-chan duking it out in order to win Eita over. As per se a certain tagline says: "Prepare for trouble, and make it DOUBLE."

Spoiler for What I saw:

EDIT: Oooh, somewhere, Chapter 5 is available.

Masuzu is a goddamn troll.

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2011-10-13 at 06:26.
Old 2011-10-13, 06:31   Link #30
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
hmm... Masuzu sure a sly fox, I want her real life version, for sacrifices to my devil god

And she remind me to a lot of beautiful Ojousama that most of them have similar trait to use their arsenal of natural gift to wronged others....
let see...
1.Kanejou from B Gata H Key
2.Shizuku from Kampfer
3.Masuzu from this series
4.Suzutsuki Kanade from Mayo Chiki!
5.Beelze from Princess Lucia
6.etc

*turn to warlock*
see... Warlock.? when you start attracted to opposite gender, don't choose Ojousama type, they're evil and deceiving by Nature...do you understand?...good

This list.., is just perfect for me and i like very much the three character that i have stressed.... Musuzu, Kanade...and Shizuku (the author has made a disaster for the end)

This series has really a potential..and in the light novel Eita hasn't only two girl in his harem.....hehehe...

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2011-10-13 at 06:41.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 01:30   Link #31
Used Can

Meh... The only thing I have found interesting about this manga so far is Masuzu. The MC is your cardboard boring harem/love-comedy lead. Chiwa, whilst cute, is the blatant underdog. She can be rather funny, but not enough to keep my interest.

I think the manga would be much more fun if the MC had more charisma, wits and could keep up with Masuzu. That'd make for some amazing dynamics in my opinion.
Old 2011-10-15, 03:56   Link #32
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Meh... The only thing I have found interesting about this manga so far is Masuzu. The MC is your cardboard boring harem/love-comedy lead. Chiwa, whilst cute, is the blatant underdog. She can be rather funny, but not enough to keep my interest.

I think the manga would be much more fun if the MC had more charisma, wits and could keep up with Masuzu. That'd make for some amazing dynamics in my opinion.
But the way things are set up, the power balance is going to change. I'd be extremely surprised if Masuzu (who alone would already be enough to hold my interest) would keep being the supreme overpowering ruler of the trio. I foresee more of a Kämpfer-like setup:

1) Eita will grow even more wary of Masuzu, maybe even to the border of hostility
2) Chiwa will continue to be the puppy for now, but receive more protection from Eita
3) Maybe 1-2 more characters will drop in and show interest in Eita (they always do, matter of time)

And when THIS happens, Masuzu will be in the weird situation that in order to keep her "have a boyfriend" cover, she'll suddenly have to "work" for it, and become a true competitor in a way. I could also imagine a "not lose to them" kind of motivation. And should she ever develop REAL interest in him, things will get doubly delicious. Keep in mind, while she doesn't love him, she has repeatedly praised him for being different.

Of course, all of this is pure conjecture, but I'm 99% sure it will not remain the "Masuzu trolling the hell out of the others" like now.
Old 2011-10-15, 04:02   Link #33
Used Can

It all comes down to Masuzu once again, though.
Old 2011-10-15, 06:35   Link #34
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Well yeah. She certainly IS the central character, without a doubt. The point I was trying to make is that I believe that the dynamics of the setup AROUND her will allow for an interesting and relatively fresh story.
Old 2011-10-15, 11:37   Link #35
larethian

Spoiler for contenders (non novel readers beware):

Spoiler for Masuzu (non novel readers beware):

why I enjoy this series:
1. Apparently the author loves JoJo ( which I just started reading )
2. The stupid jokes in the series.
3. Masuzu, and only Masuzu.

btw, I haven't read the manga so I'm not sure where it has covered till and how different it is.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 12:11   Link #36
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler for Masuzu (non novel readers beware):
I'll join you also if she loses
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 13:30   Link #37
Mentar
Banned

I'm curious now

Spoiler for only for novel readers, asking for spoiler:
Old 2011-10-15, 14:53   Link #38
Zakoo

I'm rooting for Masuzu since the beginning, White hair guys, WHITE HAIR, who can withstand that?
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 16:20   Link #39
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
I'll quote the line from Oboro (Asu no Yoichi)
"let me tell you, human being are interesting to watch, when people like you, who are 'spoiled', fall"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well yeah. She certainly IS the central character, without a doubt. The point I was trying to make is that I believe that the dynamics of the setup AROUND her will allow for an interesting and relatively fresh story.
eh?, isn't Eita the main char, isnt the story always described in his point of view?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I'll join you also if she loses
I'm waiting that day gleefully hehehehe
no, don't misunderstand, I didn't hate you, but I do want to see it, the fall of a Big Things like when World Trade Centre crumble beautifully to the ground and create so many of DEATH . We, Killers, like it (death)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I'm rooting for Masuzu since the beginning, White hair guys, WHITE HAIR, who can withstand that?
there's me

errr....so you like white hair?, but you know...I have an advice for you, please give attention to younger age, since I detect you as healthy and young human
A Granny is not a good love interest you know?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 17:15   Link #40
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
There's something about white/silver hair on a young woman that is incredibly attractive... just to name a few examples outside of Masuzu: Moka (Rosario + Vampire), Kuesu (Omamori himari... and yes I do like her a bit more than Himari), Eu (Kore wa Zombie... though she does fall a little too much into the moe category for my liking)... there are others, but you get the idea

and I shall also be joining the mourners should she lose... she's the reason I read this, considering she trolls the way it's supposed to be done

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!

Last edited by Magin; 2011-10-15 at 18:17.
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, romance, school life, shounen