AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2016-08-18, 06:12   Link #61
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I didn't notice it the first time I saw the camrip, but it looks like we'll be getting Akashi in the movie as well

Also, Choukai's been hogging all the badassery in the trailers

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 06:34   Link #62
Kakurin
大佐

Oh, no CG scenes in the PV, hopefully this is indicative of the overall animation style of the movie. The combat scenes just look so much better when drawn. And Ironbottom Sound, veterans of Fall 2013 will probably have PTSD just hearing that.

EDIT: Creating a character list for the PV.

Spoiler for By order of appearance:

Last edited by Kakurin; 2016-08-18 at 12:02.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 08:56   Link #63
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Oh, no CG scenes in the PV, hopefully this is indicative of the overall animation style of the movie. The combat scenes just look so much better when drawn. And Ironbottom Sound, veterans of Fall 2013 will probably have PTSD just hearing that.

EDIT: Creating a character list for the PV.

Spoiler for By order of appearance:
I wonder if the Abyssal of whom we only saw her eyes is Dyson, since she's the last boss for that event. Would be cool if it is, methinks =3

Edit: On closer examination, she doesn't have Dyson's hair-across-the-face though.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 09:18   Link #64
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Pretty sure the girl with Tenryuu is Kinugasa. Aoba have that distinctive ponytail and wear shorts instead of a skirt.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 12:03   Link #65
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Pretty sure the girl with Tenryuu is Kinugasa. Aoba have that distinctive ponytail and wear shorts instead of a skirt.
Yes, changed. Had Kinugasa's pre-Kai Ni version in mind (that has a different hairstyle), but yep, it's Kinugasa Kai Ni. Aoba is at 1:14.
Old 2016-08-18, 12:13   Link #66
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post

so...bucky sinks? i would assume it would be another dream type
That Wo's hairstile looks pretty strange...
Moreover the eye color is... red?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 12:18   Link #67
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
That Wo's hairstile looks pretty strange...
Moreover the eye color is... red?
Abyssal elite versions, including Wo-elite, are always red in outline and red in eye colour.
Old 2016-08-20, 00:42   Link #68
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
At first. I seem to recall Fubuki had a premonition of them sinking as shipgirls if they went without her.
I guess it's a reference to Fubuki's presence in many operations before Esperance. If I remember correctly, she had roughly the same worries when she was in a different location while others move to the frontlines in the anime.

Quote:
iirc akagi's sinking was..she was in ship form?
In the anime, no. She remembered herself as the original ship.

Quote:
so...bucky sinks? i would assume it would be another dream type
Maybe. But I wonder... is the 1900s Fubuki linked to Kancolle's Fubuki? If there's a link, then is it possible for her to remember the older Fubuki's memories?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 02:37   Link #69
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Maybe. But I wonder... is the 1900s Fubuki linked to Kancolle's Fubuki? If there's a link, then is it possible for her to remember the older Fubuki's memories?
No there isn't. Besides, that 1905 ship wasn't sunk anyway.
Old 2016-08-20, 04:30   Link #70
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The 1928 Fubuki was though.
Old 2016-08-20, 04:59   Link #71
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The 1928 Fubuki was though.
That wasn't the question in play though.

Quote:
Old 2016-08-20, 06:14   Link #72
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The 1900s Fubuki suffered a worse fate IMO, being literally scrapped.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2016-08-20, 06:38   Link #73
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
The 1900s Fubuki suffered a worse fate IMO, being literally scrapped.
With the exception of museum ships just about every ship that's not sunk is scrapped. USS Enterprise? Scrapped. Warspite? Scrapped. And so on. That's hardly a worse fate, especially since they don't cost lives. A ship is not only the metal, it's also made up of the crew. Just asking, what's the better fate, getting blown up with 1418 men like HMS Hood or retired then scrapped with the men on board surviving like Warspite? If we make some analogy, getting sunk is like a person getting killed. Turned into a museum ship is like getting mummified. And scrapped is like being cremated after dying of natural causes.
Old 2016-08-20, 06:55   Link #74
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Interesting. I've always thought that dying in the act of duty is something honorable to the men and women in the battlefield, but I guess that's one way of seeing loss; the other is the fact that it still involves pain and death and it's not something a person wants to feel while trying to protect others.

Old 2016-08-20, 21:12   Link #75
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Interesting. I've always thought that dying in the act of duty is something honorable to the men and women in the battlefield, but I guess that's one way of seeing loss; the other is the fact that it still involves pain and death and it's not something a person wants to feel while trying to protect others.
I get what you're saying, but like what Kakurin-san said, I'd say that a ship making it to "retirement" (i.e. going to the scrap yard) after service is an honorable way to go, too. The ship did it's duty.

There are other ways, too. USS Oriskany, amongst many other vessels, was turned into an artificial reef. It allows the ship to go on serving, in a way, even after its useful life has ended.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 21:32   Link #76
cloud04
Scanlator

http://otakomu.jp/archives/451151.html
you scared? you should be
Old 2016-11-09, 00:49   Link #77
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Looks like the Salvo Island group (they are still missing a destroyer though). And I do want to see Tenryuu's personality in action.
Old 2016-11-25, 06:19   Link #78
cloud04
Scanlator

well tatsuta is here
Old 2016-11-25, 21:11   Link #79
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Amatsukaze!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-25, 23:09   Link #80