AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-20, 11:48   Link #21
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Time to dig up the old topic
Is anyone keeping up with the news that Usui might/is most likely dead?
News came as quite a shocker to me and quite frankly my mind went NOOO at the thought of Crayon Shin-chan ending because of this (though I think it'll be taken over)

Still the body is yet to be identified, they are retrieving it today though the resemblance of clothing makes me worry and fear for the worse, which is obvious cause otherwise he'd still be missing

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...g-since-friday
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ture-mountains

RIP Usui, I really enjoyed Shin-chan as a kid and still do D:

Usui went for a mountain walk and didn't come back the next day after telling his relatives it was just for a short walk. It is most likely that he fell down one of the cliffs
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 12:17   Link #22
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Still the body is yet to be identified...
The body was identified as Yoshito Usui today.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-yoshito-usui
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 12:20   Link #23
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
The body was identified as Yoshito Usui today.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-yoshito-usui
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF that is all I could bring out
It was to be expected that the body belonged to him, I hope Crayon Shin-chan can continue though it might sound cruel but I'm certain that is something he'd want
Rest in peace Usui, may your spirit find rest in the next world
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 20:28   Link #24
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Like I said over at the News thread, all I ask is that Yajima Akiko lead a fan memorial service. Even if the fans didn't know it, the rest of the crew and she herself certainly knew the debt she owes to the sensei.
Old 2009-09-22, 18:22   Link #25
Marty17
Like What You Hate

Such a dejecting news, I grew up watching (& even reading, even though I never understood a word without translation - just flick through the books & enjoy the drawings) Shin Chan since I was like 8. I even still have the collection from vol 1 to 19 (excluding vol 5). RIP Usui.
Old 2009-12-10, 17:21   Link #26
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Many asked for a fansub group for the series in this thread, well I am currently running one, if you're interested, just check my profile/latest messages.

Anyway, it's sad to see how some people just 'pretend' to be sorry of the departed manga-ka, some even crudely had fun when he was reported missing, some even persisted to deliver their hatred messages even when he was found dead. I will never forgive those people or will ever embrace that kind of thinking, regardless of subject/person [/RANT] . RIP is all that I could have said around, I say it here with a delay too, knowing there will never be another, that is the reason I don't want the manga/anime series to continue without him, nobody will ever, like EVER replace/immitate his scriptings and concepts. He is the true god of japanese comedy.
Old 2011-09-02, 15:25   Link #27
Aigo-Girl

I know this thread is pretty dead now, but oh well I 'm giving it a shot. Hope someone will read this.

I heard there is a difference between Crayon Shin Chan and Shin Chan.?
I downloaded S1 of Funimation, but Shin's little sister is already born :O

I'm looking for the episodes before the sister was born.
Aigo-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 16:03   Link #28
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aigo-Girl View Post
I know this thread is pretty dead now, but oh well I 'm giving it a shot. Hope someone will read this.

I heard there is a difference between Crayon Shin Chan and Shin Chan.?
I downloaded S1 of Funimation, but Shin's little sister is already born :O

I'm looking for the episodes before the sister was born.
The main difference has a lot to do with the "content" of the show, and it's a huge one.

In Japan, the show is targetted towards kids. However, given how Japanese standards are different than the American standards, there's still a lot of content in the show that would make this show "borderline" in the USA. Hence, Funimation was given a choice: either cut the dirty stuff and market this as a children's show just like in Japan, or up the raunchiness (via adding sex jokes to the show's dialogue and changing the personalities of some of the characters) and target it to adults. In the end, Funi went with the "adult" route.

As for Hima already being born in the American version, I think it has a lot to do with giving more ideas of how to insert humor into the show and the fact that the animation quality isn't as "great" as the later episodes.