AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-30, 13:15   Link #1061
Nerroth
NePoi!

It isn't just about how Kio's viewpoint is in and of itself; it's the kind of hurt it causes that bothers even more.

(Not that I'm all that great in social groups, either.)

But then, if they know he's like that, why would they expect him to get the hint unless they tell him things more directly?

Man, this show needs another male character or two. Fast. (If not someone of Kio's age, than at least some sort of older brother type. Something.)

Probably not gonna happen, I know.
Old 2010-08-30, 16:53   Link #1062
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i still would love robocop's hand cannon >_< also love the episode wish tehre would be a bit more um you know side dishes hahaha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 17:54   Link #1063
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Man, this show needs another male character or two. Fast. (If not someone of Kio's age, than at least some sort of older brother type. Something.)
Maybe Uncle Magnum P.I.?

Manami is starting to remind me of Aoba (gee, I wonder why?) in the way she's pushing Aoi on Kio the way Aoba pushed Akane on Kou.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 18:10   Link #1064
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post

Probably not gonna happen, I know.

I actually kind of agree with this. Maybe once Kio grows up a little via some sort of uber important event, and thus, starts realizing his feelings for the girls around him, then maybe that's when they'll introduce a possible rival of some sort? But I'm just musing. Because then again, I'm not so sure if I would enjoy that kind of turn in the plot, anyway. It's stereotypical/overused.

Even if Kio had something as simple as a male friend he often confined in, that would be a bit more satisfying. I know Kio's sweet and all, but he's still a dude. He should be more... dude-like. Y'know. Hang out with his dudes... like a dude. XD I know that didn't come out sounding very eloquent, but it's the best way to describe how I feel about that situation. :/

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2010-08-30 at 19:20.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 18:56   Link #1065
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I actually kind of agree with this. Maybe once Kio grows up a little via some sort of uber important event, and this starts realizes his feelings for the girls around him, then maybe that's when they'll introduce a possible rival of some sort? But I'm just musing. Because then again, I'm so sure if I would enjoy that kind of turn in the plot, anyway. It's stereotypical/overused.
That I don't see happening or would even want, I mean we know all the girls are indeed in love with Kio, some guy showing up and being a "rival" is well lame, girls love would seem very weak if they start swooning over another guy.
I get enough of that melodrama nonsense else where, I can do without it here.
Plus I like the status quo atm, if anything I say throw moar girls into the mix!

Anyway putting that aside I gotta say I'm still totally loving this series, it's just soooo much fun to watch even if one considers it a little OTT or whatever.
The girls "bickering" is just a joy to see, they don't hold back
Awesome piece of matrix shooting and boobage!
Found the bit at dinner pretty funny, Aoi-chan continues to show us why she's just so adroable plus she was wearing thigh-highs!

and yea I'm also let down by last ep's preview where was my Jens-chan at the beach?!

p.s I love how they are using the beratta 93R here alot, that gun rules on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2!
Old 2010-08-30, 19:22   Link #1066
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
That I don't see happening or would even want, I mean we know all the girls are indeed in love with Kio, some guy showing up and being a "rival" is well lame, girls love would seem very weak if they start swooning over another guy.
I get enough of that melodrama nonsense else where, I can do without it here.
Plus I like the status quo atm, if anything I say throw moar girls into the mix!
Yeah, I totally agree. That's why I said what I said towards the end of the paragraph; I thought about it, and realized that I really wouldn't like something like that to happen at all. So I don't even know why I typed it... I just rambling, really. XD
Old 2010-08-30, 21:04   Link #1067
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I'm still waiting for subs, so here's just what I want to say about the raws of ep 8;
The studio is spending ALL their budget on the background. Seriously, even when the human characters were clearly off-model and off-sourced, there was not a a single drop in quality in any of the scenery. The episode was showing off the forests of Okinawa, and the tourism sponsors must have twisted an arm or two to make sure their "little piece of paradise" will never look bad.
Old 2010-08-30, 23:33   Link #1068
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I'm still waiting for subs, so here's just what I want to say about the raws of ep 8;
huh? the subs are already out, as far as I know.

comments:
Spoiler for ep8:
Old 2010-08-31, 00:13   Link #1069
ZeKeR
Superbad

and seriously.... both snipers used SVD Dragunovs... the sniper team using the standard rifle and aoi using the SVDS folding stock version. manami likes being compact, as seen she is using the steyr TMP and the 93R.... on the other hand, aoi herself prefers carbines... who knew?

and kio is still dense as ever.... and WHY THE HELL DID YOU REALIZE YOU LIKE HIM NOW MANAMI!?!?! you still have a very VERY equal chance of taking kio... assuming eris won't be taking first move.
Old 2010-08-31, 03:19   Link #1070
wingman32x

I liked this episode. I'm a fan of those bullets lol . Anyway, Aoi was really cute this episode. I'm surprised Manami won the duel between the two. Kio is an idiot, not noticing that Aoi is reffering to him differently. Anyway, a good fanservicey episode.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 03:28   Link #1071
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Didn't think of her as a onmyouden before I read this thread though, I thought the paper are just very advanced technology of some kind.
Heh, I promise you that it was just a lucky guess and not a spiler, I no longer has any knowlege of the source material at this point...it's true though what the girl saus, a century ago our current technology must've seem like magic. I remember the words of Hank Pym, the Scientist Supreme: "Magic is just science I haven't figured out yet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Maybe Uncle Magnum P.I.?

Manami is starting to remind me of Aoba (gee, I wonder why?) in the way she's pushing Aoi on Kio the way Aoba pushed Akane on Kou.
Yeah, he had some guy friends in the photography club but I doubt they're important, I think having his uncle in that position is better. He's already been established as awesome and of a bit mysterious background that may or may not be related to all the aliens anyway, so he won't feel shoehorned in.

Yeah, I see what you mean with Manami and Aoba. All due respect to Manami though, I still like Aoba better...and there's no way typical male harem lead Kio can't ever hope to surpass Kou, one of the best male lead in recent anime.

About the episode, it seems kinda filler-ish with not that much progress, but the catfight duel is fun, I guess. Never knew Okinawa has such a great forest nearby, complete with snakes and everything...Manami got lucky, and I was expecting that Aoba would go all Dirty Harry on her though ("You'd better ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do you, punk?"). Then again, this is the person who is able to hit a sniper bullet with her own bullet, so yeah.

Kinda feel bad for the dog soldiers from last episode again, when Jens said that they're already thought as lost I got the impression that they may be the remains of a battle (like the one on Antonia tanker) who is still loyal to their objective, utilizing whatever (literal) bamboo technology they have nearby. Such good soldiers...Also disappointed that the trailer turns out to be a lie, seeing the one from this episode makes me feel like they're not really preview for the next episode, just the closing scene or the epilogue from this episode.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 04:18   Link #1072
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Kinda feel bad for the dog soldiers from last episode again, when Jens said that they're already thought as lost I got the impression that they may be the remains of a battle (like the one on Antonia tanker) who is still loyal to their objective, utilizing whatever (literal) bamboo technology they have nearby. Such good soldiers...Also disappointed that the trailer turns out to be a lie, seeing the one from this episode makes me feel like they're not really preview for the next episode, just the closing scene or the epilogue from this episode.
Er... I guess you missed that little detail last ep, they ARE from the Antonia incident. They walked all the way to Okinawa on the bottom of the sea.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 04:21   Link #1073
ReddyRedWolf

It is interesting that Eris understands magic while Doggie girl considers it unscientific. The Dog aliens aren't even aware magic exists on Earth. Meanwhile one of the factions operatives they provided technology to is aware of it, Aoi.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 06:18   Link #1074
Qikz

Just saw the first episode of this, really, really good! This is probably going to be the Working of this season for me, I don't start watching it until really late and then I really enjoy it. Bit confusing being the first episode but can't wait to watch more tonight.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 06:43   Link #1075
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Er... I guess you missed that little detail last ep, they ARE from the Antonia incident. They walked all the way to Okinawa on the bottom of the sea.
Whoops, yeah, I guess I missed that bit. I kinda got the impression that they must have been related, but I missed the part where it's confirmed. Thanks for that!
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 08:18   Link #1076
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The girls' catfight was very entertaining. As soon as Aoi started to talk about the anti-matter bullets, I just knew it was only a matter of time until they were used this way. Too bad the Assistcensors ruined some of the fun. I was surprised managed to win against Aoi, even if it was partly due to luck. I loved the fact Aoi tried to bluff her way through and pretended their match ended in a draw.

The only complaint I have about this episode about is the lack of any real progress. Oh well, it was fun so it's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
For all of those who are curious, this week's opening was Starsky & Hutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64shgqSKa4Y

Where did Kempfer do a cameo?
Thanks, I would have never guessed that one. God, I love those intros. Looking forward to the next one.
Old 2010-08-31, 09:05   Link #1077
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, I see what you mean with Manami and Aoba. All due respect to Manami though, I still like Aoba better...and there's no way typical male harem lead Kio can't ever hope to surpass Kou, one of the best male lead in recent anime.
That goes without saying, of course...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 10:19   Link #1078
PzIVf3

Im growing tired of the human side version over the lack of cat girls stages.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 10:54   Link #1079
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Im growing tired of the human side version over the lack of cat girls stages.
I agree, I thought Eris was the female lead but as of yet for the most part she's been a flat side character with no development at all.

nice pic btw, made me think about what I would "eat" first kishishishi ...
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 11:18   Link #1080
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks for the pic! Eris looks adorable here. I'd eat her pizza.

It's true she hasn't had much screentime lately and that her character development is almost non-existant, probably because she's already pretty much perfect.

Tags
comedy, romance, sci-fi, shounen