AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-04, 12:14   Link #12601
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Not that these little details aren't interesting, but sometimes they don't end up really meaning anything important (like the creep hand in Erika's portrait.)
The back-scratcher?

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:15   Link #12602
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
The back-scratcher?
Yeah... that O_o
Old 2010-07-04, 12:21   Link #12603
Digdri
Uu~ Let's solve a riddle

Quote:
Not that these little details aren't interesting, but sometimes they don't end up really meaning anything important (like the creep hand in Erika's portrait.)
Oh I think its really the exact opposite. As I said some post before while the portraits may not show anything that really happens in the real world even besides the gameboard all those portraits IMO obviously have a intention to express something about the people on it and how they fit into the story.

For the hand: Even if the hand by itself is not really important the contrast in the portrait between Erikas smile and the strange imagery of the bare landscape in the background, the damaged seat and this bloody hand made her look suspicious and people quickly assumed its some kind of fake smile and started imagining her as a mischievous or wicked character even if they didn't even know how she fits in at all. And in the end that was straight to the point.

So I think the small details and the symbolisms are the best hints for whats to except of those characters. After all the portraits are be far to filled with those details to assume this is just decoration without meaning.
Digdri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:24   Link #12604
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdri View Post
Oh I think its really the exact opposite. As I said some post before while the portraits may not show anything that really happens in the real world even besides the gameboard all those portraits IMO obviously have a intention to express something about the people on it and how they fit into the story.

For the hand: Even if the hand by itself is not really important the contrast in the portrait between Erikas smile and the strange imagery of the bare landscape in the background, the damaged seat and this bloody hand made her look suspicious and people quickly assumed its some kind of fake smile and started imagining her as a mischievous or wicked character even if they didn't even know how she fits in at all. And in the end that was straight to the point.

So I think the small details and the symbolisms are the best hints for whats to except of those characters. After all they are be far to filled with those details to assume this is just decoration without meaning.
I guess you're right, I just don't think they should be taken with any sort of literal meaning (i.e. the hand in Erika's portrait didn't specifically have anything to do with her character.)
Old 2010-07-04, 12:26   Link #12605
DgBarca

So...with the OP...
Kinzo forbid anyone to enter in the chapel because Beatrice corpse is buried here ? And the Miracle than could happen is the witch's resurrection, and the ceremony for her revival is the epitaph ? So everything was, simply, Kinzo will?

Or...
The ceremony Kinzo wanted is a proper funeral. Not a "resurrection" ceremony.
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:29   Link #12606
Halko
Golden Witch Follower

Even though there's a lot of details in th portrait I still think that the two are Asumu and the "other Battler", he reminds me of him, a lot.\

Edit:
Some info regarding the opening song:
Spoiler for opening:

Last edited by Halko; 2010-07-04 at 12:53.
Halko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:35   Link #12607
Digdri
Uu~ Let's solve a riddle

Quote:
I guess you're right, I just don't think they should be taken with any sort of literal meaning (i.e. the hand in Erika's portrait didn't specifically have anything to do with her character.)
Well what isn't totally misleading in this story if you take it TOO literal.
Digdri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:50   Link #12608
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Of course these details should not be taken literally. But they might have some kind of symbolism.

The death corpse near Erika was simply meant to show that Erika as a detective belongs to a crime scene, and she reigns over that.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:50   Link #12609
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

General notes:
  • Those backgrounds in the second set of screenshots appear to be of new locations. Is it finally possible that someone actually goes to Kuwadorian?
  • I'm going with the "safe" bet at this point that we're dealing with totally new characters, because so far that's never done us wrong. The woman has a strong chance of being somebody real; if she is, the guy could be her "furniture." Still, safe bets...
  • Maria's journal appears. No shots of Ange or 1998, but ANGE presumably is still kicking around.
  • Does Gohda have an action pose in the OP?
  • There's sure not a lot of Battler and Beatrice so far, but IIRC that was true of the ep5 and ep6 preview screenshots too so it can always be pretty misleading.
  • It sounds like Bern is more concerned with showing people in a bad light than showing truth, yet the screenshots don't really appear to convey that. I guess ryukishi is sitting on most of the drama for the release.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:58   Link #12610
Verg Avesta
Endless Turnless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Does Gohda have an action pose in the OP?
Is it gonna be Higurashi all over again? Battler and Beatrice were just decoys, and Gohda is the true main character!

But no, seriously, the fact that Gohda would actually get a bigger part would be nice. He hasn't really done anything big like the other characters.
Old 2010-07-04, 12:58   Link #12611
DgBarca

The place where Lambda and Bern are in the OP is maybe the Senate of Witch of something like that...

TT___TT at Beato being buried...I guess...
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 13:02   Link #12612
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

This is the best I could take from the youtube op video:

zoom 300% with some contrast and sharpening.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2018-06-17 at 21:08.
Old 2010-07-04, 13:03   Link #12613
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Here's one more possibility for the lady character.

The successfully resurrected Beatrice, distinct from original.

But one way or another, insufficient information so far.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 13:05   Link #12614
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I think pretty strongly that the male character is a meta/magic guy, if nothing else. The eyes tend to give it away except with Erika or possibly even with Erika.

Old 2010-07-04, 13:11   Link #12615
ameskitty
Kupo

Yeah, I think I'll go with that. It doesn't make sense even for the "other Battler" (out of the few real possibilities for him) to have gold eyes, especially when the other character's wearing the ring.

Probably that often-speculated "Light" guy that somebody found while looking too closely at the script .

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 13:12   Link #12616
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameskitty View Post
Yeah, I think I'll go with that. It doesn't make sense even for the "other Battler" (out of the few real possibilities for him) to have gold eyes, especially when the other character's wearing the ring.
Unless the "other Battler" doesn't exist, as Oliver has suggested, and the guy is the magical incarnation of the idea of that nonexistent guy.

But the gold eyes do lend themselves to certain interpretations.

Old 2010-07-04, 13:14   Link #12617
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Got to be Wright/Light/Whatever.

What you don't seem to be considering though, ladies and gentlemen, is... this:

Mind you, many faces will look similar when overlayed, but for a future Jessica, the lady in the portrait has a very underdeveloped chest.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 13:15   Link #12618
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There's a silhoutte in the opening that closely resembles Beatrice but it's somehow different. It can be seen in at least 3 different instances but only a shadow and nothing else.

Somehow it looks like Beatrice seen from the back...

Old 2010-07-04, 13:16   Link #12619
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Seeing the news of the nature of the episode, and the opening... I'm dying of anticipation for epicness!

Has anyone been thinking that this new male character on the portrait might be some sort of metaworld version of Keiichi? Though the red piece of hair makes it doubtful.
If he is indeed this Wright (haven't read EP6 yet, so I don't have almost no idea who he is anyway), wouldn't it be funny that we'd have two "raitos" in the anime/manga world, and they look kinda similar.
Is Wright supposed to be some kind of easter egg for Phoenix Wright?

And that new woman looks like Jessica in almost every aspect. Whether she is really an older version of Jessica or maybe her mother, is to be thought further. But I see no point in making a two character who look like each other if they have no connection (don't you say Ryukishi is pulling some giant troll again?). She has the head's ring, so it should be a surviving Jessica or the genuine Beatrice.

And this is not the final episode, thinking as EP1-4 were put in a DVD case with a nice cover. EP7 cover is obviously for a jewel case. Minagoroshi of Umineko, here we come.

Even though I'd like to read EP7 straight when it's released, I'm not that fluent with Japanese, and I don't have much money either, so I'll probably wait for the final package and except a full EP7 patch soon after.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 13:16   Link #12620
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There's a silhoutte in the opening that closely resembles Beatrice but it's somehow different. It can be seen in at least 3 different instances but only a shadow and nothing else.

Somehow it looks like Beatrice seen from the back...
It is, probably just there for dramatic effect like that picture of them standing in the flowers from the ep5 OP. It could indicate Battler and Beatrice standing back to back, out of protectiveness, fighting off some threat, etc.

Or it could just be there to look cool.