AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-11-06, 01:05   Link #381
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Which series, ovas, movies of gundam where the strongest MS or MA is not gundam?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 01:20   Link #382
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Which series, ovas, movies of gundam where the strongest MS or MA is not gundam?
I can only recall the Apsalus(sp?) from 08th Mobile Suit Team.... That thing was pure monstrosity!
Old 2008-11-06, 03:10   Link #383
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Why is it rare to see suits and characters from the MSV series make an anime appearance?
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 03:19   Link #384
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Why is it rare to see suits and characters from the MSV series make an anime appearance?
Perhaps Sunrise wants to milk us of our money by forcing us to buy Gundam sidestory novels...?

Or perhaps no-one wants to stay behind in a studio late in the night just to draw extra lines for them MSV units... Particularly the Avalanche Exia.
Old 2008-11-06, 03:52   Link #385
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
MSV's were originally created by Bandai to expand the toyline for the original Mobile Suit Gundam (where designs like the Zaku Cannon and characters like Johnny Ridden come from). While MSV's have risen in notoriety and importance lately (like how 00V's story is created alongside the main series instead of being an afterthought like the original Gundam MSV), it's still a point that these are designs that aren't intended for animation for a variety of reasons. whether they be rejected designs, designs created after the series has ended or simply add-ons to the existing verse. The occasional animated additions (like the Guaiz Experimental Armament Type appearing in the Gundam SEED compilaton movies, or the Shell Flag in 00 ) are the exceptions rather than the rule.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 04:01   Link #386
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Technically speaking every UC Gundam except for 0080, CCA, F91 and V. Granted the pilots weren't usually skilled enough to make a difference.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 06:39   Link #387
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
MSV's were originally created by Bandai to expand the toyline for the original Mobile Suit Gundam (where designs like the Zaku Cannon and characters like Johnny Ridden come from). While MSV's have risen in notoriety and importance lately (like how 00V's story is created alongside the main series instead of being an afterthought like the original Gundam MSV), it's still a point that these are designs that aren't intended for animation for a variety of reasons. whether they be rejected designs, designs created after the series has ended or simply add-ons to the existing verse. The occasional animated additions (like the Guaiz Experimental Armament Type appearing in the Gundam SEED compilaton movies, or the Shell Flag in 00 ) are the exceptions rather than the rule.
I hope the 7 Sword 00 Gundam makes an appearance in Season 2. What are the chances?
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 07:00   Link #388
Dark Wing

Quote:
I hope the 7 Sword 00 Gundam makes an appearance in Season 2. What are the chances?
Next to none...If I remember correctly the 7 Swords model was just a concept that never made it into production but was made turned into a kit anyway. Like Eixa Avalanche or Kyrois Gust.
Old 2008-11-06, 09:48   Link #389
Celestial
妹ちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I can only recall the Apsalus(sp?) from 08th Mobile Suit Team.... That thing was pure monstrosity!
Ah, that's one.

Turn-X was supposedly stronger than Turn-A as well, if I'm not mistaken.

And of course, there's Alvatore from the first season of 00, which certainly has stronger raw power as compared to the Gundams.

Last edited by Celestial; 2008-11-06 at 11:06.
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 10:22   Link #390
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
Turn-X was supposedly stronger than Turn-A as well, if I'm not mistaken.
It has been mentioned before that the Turn X, as a fighting machine is superior to the Turn A.

I'd say the Turn X is ranked in the top 05 of strongest MS' that aren't Gundam models, easily.
Old 2008-11-06, 10:44   Link #391
Blaat

Turn X is a MS designed by newtypes for an interstellar warfare, now considering that every MS seen in Gundam can at best be used in an interplanetary warfare I would say yes it's probably the strongest MS seen in Gundam, including the Gundam themselves (not counting those with plot shields of course) ;p
Old 2008-11-06, 10:46   Link #392
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
(not counting those with plot shields of course) ;p
Hello Mobile Suit Gundam SEED.
Old 2008-11-06, 13:38   Link #393
The Monarch of Roses

Relatively speaking how powerful was Turn-A for a Gundam?(I didn't see much of the series.)
The Monarch of Roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 13:40   Link #394
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monarch of Roses View Post
Relatively speaking how powerful was Turn-A for a Gundam?(I didn't see much of the series.)
Well, considering that it can wipe out every piece of technology on the planet with a single move...
Old 2008-11-06, 13:42   Link #395
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, considering that it can wipe out every piece of technology on the planet with a single move...
Butterfly mode, right? I enjoyed the anime and I liked Loran/Rolan, but I didn't see much regarding the suit itself.
Old 2008-11-06, 13:47   Link #396
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ignoring the Moonlight Butterfly, Turn A was a pretty impressive MS (it is my all time favorite after all). When we do see it in battle, it was pretty much always on top and on the winning side, though we never really see it being pushed to the extreme of what it can do (i'm not including the last battle against Turn X). A shame we never see a full on fight between Harry Ord and his Gold SUMO. That would have been one to see.

Also, Loran's piloting abilities just kept on increasing as the show progressed.
Old 2008-11-06, 13:48   Link #397
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Turn A can single handedly destroy civilisation so much that it threw it backwards for 3000 years. Turn X was created to be stronger than Turn A and has plenty of ways to prove it. They both have the same maximum destructive potential, but Turn X has more ways to win in a fight.

Once unleashed, their weapon of ultimate destruction, Moonlight Butterfly, will continously breakdown all forms of technology with its nanomachines. When things are reduced to dust, it quickly saturates the atmosphere and when wind passes through, it becomes a storm. With such a dense amount of particles in the air friction between them causes a mega electrical storm and heat starts building up, fueling itself as a hurricane. This hurricane of heavy particles in the air will then proceed to shred everything within it thats not reduced to dust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Ignoring the Moonlight Butterfly, Turn A was a pretty impressive MS (it is my all time favorite after all). When we do see it in battle, it was pretty much always on top and on the winning side, though we never really see it being pushed to the extreme of what it can do (i'm not including the last battle against Turn X). A shame we never see a full on fight between Harry Ord and his Gold SUMO. That would have been one to see.

Also, Loran's piloting abilities just kept on increasing as the show progressed.
Yea, Turn A's normal capabilities are quite amazing.

For defence, it can defend a platoon from a battleship class beam with its I-Field + shield. Its nanomachines can also self repair Turn A itself.

For offence, its a fully multipurpose platform. Its hollow structure allows you to fill and equip it with anything possible, giving it a high fighting potential.

Its body does not have a skeletal structure, instead all parts are connected via its I Field, the particle forces holds the body parts together like magnets and the joints are extremely smooth and rotates freely all 360 degrees, giving it unparalleled agility and action capability.

The creative pilot Loran used Turn A's free rotating arms and wrists to do wonders with its beam swords, he's definitely the best beam sword wielder after Domon in G Gundam.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 14:02   Link #398
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Really? I'd always thought he was a good pilot, but I could not be sure then again I am a little past the introduction of his Rolan Ceheck persona. I wasn't aware at just how great of a pilot he was. I'd always assumed him to be a little above average I suppose.

Is there a website that gives a full rundown on the Gundams and MS?
Old 2008-11-06, 14:06   Link #399
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Really? I'd always thought he was a good pilot, but I could not be sure then again I am a little past the introduction of his Rolan Ceheck persona. I wasn't aware at just how great of a pilot he was. I'd always assumed him to be a little above average I suppose.

Is there a website that gives a full rundown on the Gundams and MS?
MAHQ.net's a pretty good place to find information on the mobile suits themselves, as well as other mecha unrelated to the Gundam universe.
Old 2008-11-06, 14:14   Link #400
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Turn X was created to be stronger than Turn A and has plenty of ways to prove it.
Turn X wasn't created after Turn A. Turn A was created based on the technology found in Turn X, after Turn X drifted into the solar system.