AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-05-07, 21:59   Link #61
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Nice stuff.

Mintz and Julian meet up with Rosie and Homer.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 13:09   Link #62
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

That preview didn't help; I want to read Wish Your Smile even more now.

About the other manga I'm really grateful for Arienai's scanlation, even though it's a bit mistranslated in some places. I really liked this adaptation of the story. It doesn't divert too much from the game (except the end of ch4) and makes a good depiction of what's going on between missions. Not to mention the art is pretty good.

Great way of introducing the side characters without diverting from the plot too.
Spoiler:

Now for the details freak:
Spoiler:

Eagerly waiting for volume 2 of VC and 1 of Wish Your smile.
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 14:41   Link #63
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Valkyria Chronicles: Wish your Smile is told from a different perspective right?

Regardless more VC is never a bad thing.

However with the tag "tragedy" it's probably not going to end pretty.
Yep. Told from an orphan boy who joins the Galllian military and a handsome guy who's a sniper (Seriously).

The kid has dark hair like Isara, so I'm sure he's a Darcsen aka Daruk.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 15:28   Link #64
Runty

Just to make sure no one forgets, the second volume of the Valkyria Chronicles manga comes out on Tuesday.

If anyone here is taking a trip to Japan in the next little while, remember to pick up a copy so a raw can be scanned. Otherwise, keep your eyes open for online raws.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 00:08   Link #65
Solecs

So the 1st volume wasn't bad, pretty close to the game progression wise. I'm glad they made Marina and Catherine awesome, that makes my day . I'm also liking the setup for a Welkin/Alicia/Juno triangle. More so than the Welkin/Alicia/Faldio triangle in the anime. Is it just me or does Selvaria look freakishly tall at the end?
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 11:03   Link #66
Runty

Volume 2 of the VC manga should be out now. Watch for raws.
Old 2009-06-01, 14:28   Link #67
Runty

Man... still nothing? I'd have thought at least SOMEONE would have either Wish your Smile or VC Volume 2 in raw format by now...
Old 2009-06-03, 21:32   Link #68
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I haven't had luck finding any as well. At this point I've just given up on looking as I think its a good assumption it hasn't made its way online yet.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 23:52   Link #69
cloner4000

Is any group translating the manga now? I remember seeing someone posting the link for the first chapter quite a while ago on gamefaqs but haven't heard anything since
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 00:39   Link #70
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
Is any group translating the manga now? I remember seeing someone posting the link for the first chapter quite a while ago on gamefaqs but haven't heard anything since
All four chapters of Volume 1 were translated a while ago. If you want to read it, here's a link:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/senjou_no_valkyria/

Enjoy it. The fourth chapter is particularly amusing.
Old 2009-06-04, 01:05   Link #71
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, no surprises that Marina is the Ultimate Sniper. I don't know about you guys, but I guessed that it was her when the fellow said "...Impossible? From such a distance?"

So, the war really begins from now on. And Selvaria is her proud self, as always. I don't know why, but I did feel like socking her face in the last part.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-06-04 at 01:18.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 02:06   Link #72
cloner4000

In the manga did Marina shot near Cezary to warn Nadine/Cezary? I can't really tell what happened.
Old 2009-06-04, 02:15   Link #73
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I think you're right about the warnings. Essentially, Marina is saying,"Next time you aim at a squad member, Cezary, you are dead meat."
Old 2009-06-04, 02:17   Link #74
Runty

Actually, what happened was that Cezary had spotted an enemy sniper, but also saw that the Imperial was aiming at Nadine. Being a Darcsen-hater, Cezary refuses to fire. Marina shoots the enemy sniper, and Nadine thinks Cezary saved her, much to his chagrin.
Old 2009-06-04, 02:19   Link #75
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Actually, what happened was that Cezary had spotted an enemy sniper, but also saw that the Imperial was aiming at Nadine. Being a Darcsen-hater, Cezary refuses to fire. Marina shoots the enemy sniper, and Nadine thinks Cezary saved her, much to his chagrin.
I must apologise. Runty is right. There is that one Imperial sniper whom Cezary spotted.

But, how good is Marina's eyesight? Even to Cezary, that Imperial sniper is already freaking small.
Old 2009-06-04, 02:22   Link #76
Runty

Guess Marina is just that good.

BTW, if anyone is willing to just BUY Volume 2, you could always order it online at Kadokawa Comics' website. Use this link if you plan to:

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/comic/bk_d...d=200808000074

It'd be much appreciated if someone were to get it and scan it. Still looking for a raw...

EDIT: Also, I'm still looking for a raw of "Wish your Smile". I'm surprised no one has made a raw of it yet, considering it's been out for a month or so. If anyone plans to buy it online, here's a possible link:

http://ebten.jp/p/9784757748958/

I'd do it myself, but I technically can't, not having a valid credit card for those sites.
Old 2009-06-04, 02:26   Link #77
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I'm beginning to think that Squad 7 is blessed by aliens/extraordinary beings.
Old 2009-06-05, 03:44   Link #78
cloner4000

Quote:

BTW, if anyone is willing to just BUY Volume 2, you could always order it online at Kadokawa Comics' website. Use this link if you plan to:

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/comic/bk_d...d=200808000074

It'd be much appreciated if someone were to get it and scan it. Still looking for a raw...

EDIT: Also, I'm still looking for a raw of "Wish your Smile". I'm surprised no one has made a raw of it yet, considering it's been out for a month or so. If anyone plans to buy it online, here's a possible link:

http://ebten.jp/p/9784757748958/

I'd do it myself, but I technically can't, not having a valid credit card for those sites.
Actually

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/gues...%83%41&AREA=02

or if the link is not working search 戦場のヴァルキュリア on the search bar for the website http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/indexohb.cgi?AREA=03

This place is much better if you are looking for Japanese books. They'll ship it to your address or you can go to their store to place order and pick up. Compare to international shipping sellers, this is really cheap. $6 shipping for 48states with the purchase price of 19.99 and under.

They have in stock both Volume 2 and Wish you smile...but only in the Costa Mesa store (which is in LA area I think), but I am sure you can order it to ship to individual address.

Hope you can find this useful...I am sure eventually someone will post the raw. I myself is going to hunt for Valkyria Chronicle related stuff when I went back to Taiwan, I'll definately pick it up if I saw anything.

Also thanks for the link, I can finally understand what they were talking about now T_T...
Old 2009-06-17, 10:30   Link #79
Runty

WOOT! I finally found a raw for Volume 2 of Valkyria Chronicles!
Spoiler for Volume 02, first impressions:
There's a lot more I could talk about, but just read it yourself. You'll thank me later.

EDIT: Upload to MangaHelpers is complete. Sorry, but I can't link it. You'll have to find it.

Last edited by Runty; 2009-06-17 at 11:03.
Old 2009-06-17, 13:47   Link #80
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
WOOT! I finally found a raw for Volume 2 of Valkyria Chronicles!
Spoiler for Volume 02, first impressions:
There's a lot more I could talk about, but just read it yourself. You'll thank me later.

EDIT: Upload to MangaHelpers is complete. Sorry, but I can't link it. You'll have to find it.
LOL That's funny.
Spoiler for Reason:

Tags
action, shounen