AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-09, 13:16   Link #881
Tangowr

[QUOTE=Mushi;2758036]You know, I thought about that briefly. I wonder if all demon swords are like Aria?
[QUOTE]

They should clarify that the next episode, unless the anime decided to cut out the scene discussing the different type of Maken.
Old 2009-11-09, 18:56   Link #882
RGB

Well, after this episode there is no doubt that katanas are sooooo much better. Really - it doesn't matter how many demon swords will turn up - Luke's insta-ready katanas can't be beat.
After seeing Charlotte and her entourage I'm a bit worried that this show is going to oversaturate itself with demon swords (and annoying female characters). So let's all keep our fingers crossed that the whole "Demon Sword In Every Home" setting will be avoided.

And then there was the ballock knife. It looks like the result of some blacksmith's antics similar to the butt-xeroxing prank became a demon sword. You just know that it's getting flack from all the other magical weaponry.
RGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 19:30   Link #883
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB View Post
Well, after this episode there is no doubt that katanas are sooooo much better. Really - it doesn't matter how many demon swords will turn up - Luke's insta-ready katanas can't be beat.
I wouldn't say that. His magically made katanas are indeed powerful, but they break too easily, and thus, are not completely reliable, not to mention the fact that he needs Lisa and time to do it. Had even one of the girls not been completely off guard, he would have been without a magic katana, though he most likely has the skills to defeat them using a normal one.
Quote:
After seeing Charlotte and her entourage I'm a bit worried that this show is going to oversaturate itself with demon swords (and annoying female characters). So let's all keep our fingers crossed that the whole "Demon Sword In Every Home" setting will be avoided.
I concur with this. Up til this point, the story had made you believe that Aria was this one-of-a-kind sword that had the fate of the world surrounding it, and if it got into evil hands, the country would be in chaos. Then, these seemingly young girls, who have already been banished from the Empire show up having four of these swords? This kinda makes Aria lose her importance as a weapon in the story, at least imo.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 19:50   Link #884
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
This kinda makes Aria lose her importance as a weapon in the story, at least imo.
Unless Aria turns out to be the demon sword over all demon swords. She has shown that she has the ability to act on her own in a defensive way. When Cecily is falling into that crater, blasted open by one of the girls, Aria goes into missile mode and propels Cecily into the air and safely onto the ground. Which, I thought was rather amusing because Cecily was acting like she was hanging on to the end of wild fire hose going full blast.

That scene also has me thinking that Aria's abilities have yet to be fully revealed and Cecily still doesn't fully realize what kind of power she has in her hands.

Oh, and as far as the number of girls increasing... I'm a big Negima! fan. That series has 31 girls in it to keep track of. So, this is nothing.
Old 2009-11-09, 20:01   Link #885
GarethXL

1) not all maken has a human form,
2) it has already been said that aria isn't the strongest maken
3) lukes magical sword is temporary and takes time to forge, only plus is that it can be enchanted with different elements
4) princess = loli, followers != loli
Old 2009-11-09, 20:48   Link #886
RGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I wouldn't say that. His magically made katanas are indeed powerful, but they break too easily, and thus, are not completely reliable, not to mention the fact that he needs Lisa and time to do it. Had even one of the girls not been completely off guard, he would have been without a magic katana, though he most likely has the skills to defeat them using a normal one.
There is a certain blade on display at Luke's house that has been itching for some action. Of course, if push comes to shove I fully expect our Sacred Blacksmith to bust out his Unlimited Katana Works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Unless Aria turns out to be the demon sword over all demon swords. She has shown that she has the ability to act on her own in a defensive way. When Cecily is falling into that crater, blasted open by one of the girls, Aria goes into missile mode and propels Cecily into the air and safely onto the ground. Which, I thought was rather amusing because Cecily was acting like she was hanging on to the end of wild fire hose going full blast.

That scene also has me thinking that Aria's abilities have yet to be fully revealed and Cecily still doesn't fully realize what kind of power she has in her hands.
A twist that reveals latent powers/special destiny? In fantasy anime? Never.
RGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 21:16   Link #887
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Spoiler for pretender hot chick boobies, hides the robot inside:
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 21:25   Link #888
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
Is this really only 12 episodes? They might focus on the story relating to the "man in black" and leave the romantic possibilities open ended while they wait to see if the series is popular enough to continue. If it goes to 24 episodes, then there would be more room for romantic development.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah. If they are females, are they all incredibly hot like Aria? It'd be great if they were and they came on to Luke in front of Cecily. Her being jealous would be cute and funny.
Yeah, next ep. should be fun With all the new normal girls and at least one new magical sword girl horsing around, it opens immesurable number of possibilities to please the series' target audience

Quote:
One of the reasons I usually avoid these anime discussions is because of those who think it's their place in life to drag manga/novel comments and comparisons into anime discussions.
Hehe, same here. There're too many manga / books / games spoilers in not so heavily moderated threads. And even though those who stay here on animesuki forums learn not to post spoilers eventually, there's always a possibility that some completely new guy will register just to answer to your anime question with manga answer.

Quote:
I do avoid some topics because of that too. FMA's thread got pretty bad a few weeks ago, I was avoiding them like my life was in the balance.
Same thing with Kemono no Souja Erin thread...
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 21:51   Link #889
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Spoiler for pretender hot chick boobies, hides the robot inside:
oh my lord. great picture.

just saw the latest episode last night and im so happy that luke didnt go easy on the princess. from the moment i saw her she got on my nerves. i just hope luke channels hobo Hei and gives her a good slapping to get rid of that spoilt streak out of her.
Old 2009-11-09, 22:33   Link #890
blewin

haha, amazing how Luke managed to fight off a Demon sword. Imagine how much stronger he can be if he uses Aria instead of Cecily? I'm still unclear of Cecily in the entire scheme of the plot. She's so useless! (and it's apparent that the secret element of the story lies on Luke's part...)

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 22:35   Link #891
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
haha, amazing how Luke managed to fight off a Demon sword. Imagine how much stronger he can be if he uses Aria instead of Cecily? I'm still unclear of Cecily in the entire scheme of the plot. She's so useless! (and it's apparent that the secret element of the story lies on Luke's part...)
shit. give cecily but after ep 6 she really impressed me. with only the little battle experience she has she was able to hold of three other fighters and two of them had demon swords and one had the balls dagger which cancled the demon swirds power. personally i think she did very well for herself and showed that she does have some potential.
Old 2009-11-09, 22:53   Link #892
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
shit. give cecily but after ep 6 she really impressed me. with only the little battle experience she has she was able to hold of three other fighters and two of them had demon swords and one had the balls dagger which cancled the demon swirds power. personally i think she did very well for herself and showed that she does have some potential.
Actually I think the reverse her opponents are noobs like her .
How the hell did they all get demon swords
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 22:56   Link #893
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Actually I think the reverse her opponents are noobs like her .
How the hell did they all get demon swords
Only noobs can use demon swords. Don't you remember Aria's flashback? Everyone who used her seemingly died within minutes. Total noob lifespans, right there.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 22:58   Link #894
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Only noobs can use demon swords. Don't you remember Aria's flashback? Everyone who used her seemingly died within minutes. Total noob lifespans, right there.
All the bad ass warriors must use katanas, right?
Old 2009-11-09, 23:01   Link #895
GarethXL

Quote:
All the bad ass warriors must use katanas, right?
no BAMF always use bastard swords or claymores
Old 2009-11-09, 23:14   Link #896
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I feel for Cecily. She gets chased down by 3 demon sword wielders and has to fight with everything she has. Luke gets a loser for an opponent to warm up with. Then he is able to sneak up on the other three with their guards down and thus smoke them before they can even know what hit them. Just no luck on Cecily's side. At least she put up a great fight considering what she was up against. Not to mention having to jump between opponents with different abilities.
Old 2009-11-09, 23:36   Link #897
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

well Cecily so far is the best out of the noobs with the demon swords.

it didnt really matter which opponent Luke got anyway because even if he had to take on all four of the people with the demon sword it would of ended up with Luke winning anyway.
Old 2009-11-09, 23:49   Link #898
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
well Cecily so far is the best out of the noobs with the demon swords.

it didnt really matter which opponent Luke got anyway because even if he had to take on all four of the people with the demon sword it would of ended up with Luke winning anyway.
I wonder if luke's assistant is also a demon sword
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 23:59   Link #899
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
i was also wondering this and i would have to say she is some sort of demon/human half cast thing or an elf (due to pointy ears). but im also possibly thinking that Lisa would have something to do with why Luke is so anti social why he want a sword to kill God.

by the way does anyone know whats up with Lukes freaky eye it doesnt look right.
Old 2009-11-10, 00:26   Link #900
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. But I also see the possibility that she's just an elf with magical forge powers.

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen