AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-22, 12:15   Link #161
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

My Review

Spoiler for deaths:

Also, for some reason I can't find the thread for Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (Hate it that much do you?) so I'll just post my review of it here:

Spoiler for Gundam F91:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 12:41   Link #162
kakakka

About Fuala
Spoiler for spoiler?:
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 12:51   Link #163
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Spoiler for Fuala:
Old 2011-08-23, 11:21   Link #164
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I hate to say this, but some of the deaths in Victory Gundam felt like a peculiar sort of demented sexual fantasy.

The most infamous of that not being the Shrike Team, but the anti-MS Neneka-corps, which had been parodied to death many years back. Yeah, really nice touch. So Tomino-depression means graphic death to scandedly clad women... or women in general... I wonder what happens when he gets high...

Other than that, characters were often introduced for the sake of being killed off, which makes you wonder why they were introduced in the first place.

Anyway, some liked it, some didn't. Nonetheless, the entire show just didn't sit well with me, and I don't like Victory serving as the end-era UC.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-08-23 at 13:43.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 16:13   Link #165
Amuroray
Banned

Victory was the best in the series and the best gundam overall.

Felt like there was an actual war going on,the characters were great,uso was the best main character since amuro,great battles,realistic and shocking deaths,realistic.Plus it had a strong story line.

Better then zeta by some bit.
Amuroray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 16:38   Link #166
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

And even then, the scale of Victory Gundam was STILL small compared to the One Year War, lol. (Big and/or important battles took place at almost every major Federation/Zeon base/stronghold all over Earth and Space during that time.)

Pretty much every conflict/war since then was more or less an "isolated incident" more so than a grand scale war and only involved a small portion of the Federation overall; usually those situated in the immediate area(s), those specifically tasked to deal with the threat at hand, and/or those who actually CHOOSE to help like those in Char's Counterattack, Victory Gundam, and such.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 13:48   Link #167
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Chronicle didn’t turn out to be the rival I expected of them (and had the most irritating voice to boot).
While his voice didn't bother me, I found Cronicle to be a disappointing character. He was just there, not really swaying my feelings on him one way or another.

I can't remember the quote exactly but I think Maria summed him up perfectly when he said he had a "weak heart".

His death was also rather weird.
Old 2011-08-28, 13:34   Link #168
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
His death was also rather weird.
You mean when he flies out of his cockpit and wangs his hand against the Angel Halo with a loud and hilarious thud? Yeah that was kind of amusing.
Old 2011-08-28, 21:00   Link #169
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You mean when he flies out of his cockpit and wangs his hand against the Angel Halo with a loud and hilarious thud? Yeah that was kind of amusing.
It was. Definitely one of the strangest and funniest deaths in any series in my opinion.
Old 2012-09-23, 10:42   Link #170
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Just finished watching this a couple weeks back and I have to say it was depressing.

Although this series has some of the weirdest fanservice I've seen in any Gundam. Uso is the classiest Gundam character ever he gets all the chicks all over him, he has a shower with an enemy woman and bites her boob, then while in the Gundam's cockpit he is in a weird position with his dog NAKED, Elischa and Warren's lover can't think of her name see his trouser monkey, and he sleeps with his Mom while she is in her bra and panties. I think Uso has gotten Makoto beat as the worlds greatest pimp.

Spoiler for about Odelo and Katejina:

Overall I really enjoyed this series 8/10

Now I'm finishing up Wing since AGE is over. =D

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 19:29   Link #171
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Uhh...what?
Old 2013-04-01, 19:32   Link #172
imandarkknight
Deaths Lord

Send a message via MSN to imandarkknight
Spoiler for mecha:
imandarkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 19:33   Link #173
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Yes, Uso is alive in the end. Amuro is dead.
Old 2013-04-01, 19:50   Link #174
imandarkknight
Deaths Lord

Send a message via MSN to imandarkknight
that would be nice if one of main character from gundam series was dead protecting the girl.

Spoiler for my imagination:
imandarkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 09:15   Link #175
artquest7@

I may be wrong about this but I believe the shrike team is actually hyperbole. It was supposed to be a strong statement about how women were being depicted in other series of the time. Killing them off was the idea that anime needed to drop the scantily clad fighting woman altogether. I read about this a long time ago though so I could be getting this wrong. Can any other gundam veterans around here chime in?
artquest7@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 09:35   Link #176
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by artquest7@ View Post
I may be wrong about this but I believe the shrike team is actually hyperbole. It was supposed to be a strong statement about how women were being depicted in other series of the time. Killing them off was the idea that anime needed to drop the scantily clad fighting woman altogether. I read about this a long time ago though so I could be getting this wrong. Can any other gundam veterans around here chime in?
I think there’s no way to confirm whether what you said is right or wrong. As we all know, Tomino was pretty depressed when he made Victory, so killing Shrike Team as Tomino’s statement/reaction to how he feels about female pilots in mecha genre might also be possible. In addition, the episode where a bunch of female soldiers wearing nothing but bikinis fighting Victory Gundam only to seduce the pilot inside it can also be considered his statement regarding how ridiculous girls in sexy-looking suits in mecha anime is. Still, the main question to that theory is: are girls in sexy-looking getup in mecha series already that common when Victory was airing?
Old 2013-05-19, 12:37   Link #177
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Well, when you consider what was left of the Jupiter Empire was involved, and men from Jupiter having an obsession with women (displayed as early as Paptimus Scirocco in Zeta Gundam), it's not surprising that there seemed to be a similar thing, at least with Zanscare.

I could also say it could just be as simple as Katejina underestimating Uso in thinking he was just a little boy who would be far too preoccupied with the female body like, let's face it, a lot of 13 year old boys would start to be at least. Unfortunately, having gone through the Zanscare War and being forced to grow up quickly as he did, Uso didn't fall for such tactics and, instead, was all, "Wtf is this?".
Old 2013-10-20, 05:39   Link #178
hamazura
whatever

hey, i havent watched V and X, and i decided to watch V. now im in 11th episode.
and i found shakti really really really annoying always uso uso uso uso uso and depressing out of nowhere. hope she die.
will she change or will always like that? man, so annoying...
Old 2013-10-20, 05:59   Link #179
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
and i found shakti really really really annoying always uso uso uso uso uso and depressing out of nowhere. hope she die.
will she change or will always like that? man, so annoying...
Watching Victory Gundam means you have to endure Shakti. She is somewhat annoying, but if you can survive Star Wars's Jar Jar Binks, Shakti is a piece of cake. And yes, she will change in a way (not a lot) after a certain plot-point that I won't spoil it to you .

My advice: don't focus your attention on Shakti before the plot required you to do so. Instead, you should focus on the battles, the deaths, and other WTF-events that happen in the show . Just treat it like Syfy's B movies, and I think you'll be entertained .
Old 2013-10-20, 15:33   Link #180
Kurohane

You have to endure Shaki and Uso's constant yelling in battle, but hey if you can get through Shinn's constant battle cries in Seed Destiny, you're golden.